Confusing Feelings

Beautifully Hwarang

‘…that old man is going to kill us one day with his lessons.’

Groaning, Sooho rolled over onto his side, refusing to open his eyes and confront the real world just yet. His body was still tired from yesterday’s task, and his thoughts still foggy as his head pounded from the the hard fall he had taken due to the Hwarang House guard’s hit.

‘Why’s it so warm…? Hansung must have snuck into my bed…’

Sighing, Sooho allowed the younger man to be, not minding the additional presence too much. It was a nice feeling, one that kind of reminded him of his childhood when his mother would sleep in between him and Sooyeon. Feeling the other cuddle in closer, Sooho let out a sigh, adjusting his arm to a more comfortable position.

‘…wait a second.’

Catching a whiff of the person sleeping next to him, Sooho’s nose bunched up and his eyebrows furrowed. He was sure that he had smelled this scent before…but a different version? The scent was a familiar one, but one he couldn’t place at the top of his head at the moment.

‘If that’s not Hansung…’

Yeowool would only get in a bed with Hansung, no one else, and only because he thought the youngest was intriguing. Although Sunwoo was alright, he liked to keep to himself, so he was out of question. And that new stranger Jidwi? There was something off about him, but thinking about just what it was only made his head hurt, so Sooho never dwelled on the matter too long. Checking off the four from his mental list of possibilities, that only left…

“Banryu?”

Eyes wide open, Sooho found himself staring straight into the calm and peaceful features of his rival. Whereas the first time the two had shared a bed, he reacted with an outright scream…this time, something about the situation felt different? As much as his usual reaction would be to make a fuss, this time, he was just rendered plain speechless. Maybe it was because he had never seen the other male looking so…not douchey before? Or… No. It totally had to because of that hit to the head he took. Yeah. That’s it. It was the guard’s fault he was like this.

‘I’m going back to sleep…’

Smooshing the fluttering feelings in his stomach down, Sooho decided that it was best to just sleep it off. He probably needed it anyway seeing as each day brought some new challenge to the Hwarang House that almost always ended up leaving him in some sort of pain, so rolling over once more, he closed his eyes and steadied his breathing. Even if it was a little cramped in the bed, he just let Banryu be. It was his bed anyway, so why would he have to be the one to move? Kicking the other onto the floor would only cause more trouble, so it wasn’t worth it either.

‘I’ll just deal with the confusing feelings later…’

 

 

 

 


January 16, 2017