Shiny Silks

Beautifully Hwarang

“Don’t you get the feeling that there’s something off about that one Hwarang?”

 

Sighing, your two acquaintances turned to you, sadly shaking their heads.

 

“It’s okay to admit you’ve got a crush on him,” the one with the pink flower soothed.

“Yeah!” the one with the purple flower chimes in, nodding her head at the previous statement.

“I don’t have a crush on him!” you defend, dismissing their claims.

“Why do you keep looking at him, then?” the purple flower twin asks.

“I mean,” the pink flower twin adds, “he’s not as handsome as Master Banryu or Master Sooho, but I guess he’s okay.”

 

Stepping forward, you turn and discreetly point to the man in question.

 

“Look at his clothes!” you exclaimed in a whisper.

“Ooh, how nice!” the twins agreed, looking over the vibrant colours and intricate patterns.

“See, that’s my point!” you added, “no one else in the capital wears clothes like that!”

“But didn’t Master Wihwa say his nephew grew up in the West?” the twin with the purple flower recalls.

“They probably just have a different sense of fashion there,” the twin with the pink flower guesses.

“It’s not like he’s the king or anything- that’d just be crazy!”

 

With a sigh, you decide to give up on the pair of twins. There was something about those fine silks that didn’t settle well with you, and you were going to figure out just what it was.

 
 
 
 
 

January 13, 2017