Childhood Sweetheart

Clueless Hearts

     “My name is Park Jimin! What’s yours?” A bright eyed child greeted the lonely little boy sitting outside away from the other children .  His almond eyes were fixated on the overly friendly five  year old.
    “Kim…. Kim Taehyung.” Why was this boy talking to him? All the other children told him he was weird, so why was this kid so friendly? “Is there something you needed, Chimin?” 
     “It’s Jimin! J-I-M-I-N. And I do need something! A best friend! So how ‘bout it, huh?” His eyes formed into miniature crescents due to his chubby cheek smile.
      “S-Sure!” Finally! Someone actually wanted to befriend Taehyung. No matter how hard he tried, all the other children treated him as though he was from another world. “How old are you, Chi-.. Ah. I mean  Jimin?”
     “This old!” Jimin proudly held out both his hands, one opening up two fingers while the other held three. “Heha,  am I your hyung?” Over confidence flowed through the young one as though he was finally an elder brother. 
    “No! I’m five too!” Tae pouted to the idea that he was being treated as though he was a little kid, though he really was.  
     “Aw, darn! I wanted to finally be a hyung!” He wrapped his arms around Tae's neck from behind and allowed all his weight to press against him. “Why can’t you be younger?”
     “Aigoo! You’re heavy.” Taehyung squealed as he tried pushing off the dead weight, but it was utterly useless. “Hahahaha. Get off, pabo!” His laughter became contagious as Jimin found himself unable to breath from uncontrollable giggling. 
    And that was the start of an unbreakable friendship that continued on for twelve more years. It was the beginning of their 3rd year, they were only a year away from graduation. The inseparable pair planned to go into the music industry together after they finally finished schooling since they both had a passion for singing. Little did they know that the path ahead of them would be a lot rougher than what they were lead on to believe. 
    The bells chimed throughout the narrow hallways of their enormous school, informing all of its students class was about to start. 
   “Pay attention, everybody.” Mr. Kim called out to his students who were in their own little worlds. “We have a new student starting today. You can come in now.” A tall, raven haired boy entered the room. His looks were so fierce all of the female students gasped and stared with lust in their eyes. The gray uniform fitted him perfectly from top to bottom, his white skin and black hair complimenting each other. “This is Jeon Jungkook. Treat him well.”
   “Hello, I look forward to studying with all of you.” His bunny teeth peaked through his lips as they curved to the side to form a friendly smirk. 
   “Now, if you would please choose your seat. “ Namjoon gestured for him to sit down somewhere. Anywhere as long as he could continue to teach these rambunctious children. 
   “Will do.” His eyes locked with Taehyung's, finding himself a seat right next to him. “Do you mind?” This kid was full of charisma! Everything he did seemed to make hearts flutter. 
   “Not at all. Help yourself.” He couldn’t help but study every inch of this man with his eyes. He was staring so intensely it could burn a hole right through him. 
   “Don’t tell me you already fell for me?” He chuckled to tease Taehyung for his glances. However, Tae remained clueless, furrowing his eyebrows as his brain tried contemplate on what Jungkook was trying to say. “I'm kidding!” Jungkook pinched his cheeks in a playful manner, as if they have been friends for years. 
   “Aish!” Taehyung slapped his hand away, rubbing his sore cheek. “That hurts!” His bottom lip was quick to curve. 
   “Haha, you two already seem like you’re close.” Jealousy ran through his words strong enough for Jungkook to picked up on it, yet Taehyung believed Jimin was being his normal friendly self. 
   “Ah, ChimChim!” His face was quick to brighten up as he sprang forward to hug his arms around Jimin's neck. “I think we should invite him to hang out, don’t you? He seems really nice. “ However, Jimin did not seems as fond of the idea. But he couldn’t tell Taehyung no. He never could after he realized his feelings for him.   
   “Sure, if he wants to.” His eyes glared strongly towards the black haired beauty, almost as if he was suggesting for Jungkook to decline the offer. 
   “Yeah, I’ll take you up on that offer. “ Tension was strong between the two. It’s not as if Jungkook loved Taehyung, he just met him. How could he? But he despised the idea of having someone telling him he couldn’t have something or someone. 
To be continued.