Back

Anew

Jongin felt numb with relief as he walked back to his apartment complex. Taemin wasn't leaving him, and they were going to fix things. He'd change as needed, and everything would be okay. He needed Taemin, and he knew that now. He didn't want to ever let him go. Just the fact that he had almost caused the boy to walk out on him scared him. What would he have done if Taemin really did leave? He wasn't sure. It depended on the circumstances, he supposed. In the situation that had just occured, he probably would've just drowned himself in working until he forgot about the pain, honestly. 

He remained lost in his thoughts for the entire walk home, and he soon found himself on his doorstep, hesitating to go in. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind before unlocking the door and stepping inside. He was exhausted, and so he headed straight for bed, but for a while he couldn't fall asleep, stuck thinking about how lucky he was. Eventually he drifted off, feeling content with the fact that Taemin hadn't given up on him.

*****

Jongin finished his shift, the few hours flying by due to the fact that the hospital was incredibly busy. Even though he didn't have much time off and would have to be back soon, he took his time in going home, arriving at his apartment within twenty minutes instead of the usual ten. Remembering that he was supposed to call Taemin when his shift ended, he pulled out his phone. For a moment, he simply stared at the screen, contemplating whether or not he should wait for a little before calling. He wasn't sure if Taemin was awake, and he didn't want to wake him up. But Jongin also wanted to get a little bit of sleep before going back into work, so it was probably best to just call now. He dialed his boyfriend's number, lifting the phone to his ear. It rang for what seemed like ages, and just when Jongin was about to hang up and try again, he heard the telltale click of the other line picking up. 

"Hello?" Taemin's voice was thick with sleep, and Jongin felt a pang of regret over waking the boy up. 

"Hey. Did I wake you up? Sorry." 

"It's fine, I had to wake up soon anyway. So your shift's over?" 

"Yeah, thankfully. It's been really busy in there lately, I'm not sure why. More people doing stupid stuff and getting hurt, I guess. I don't even know, it's just really exhausting. I actually have to go back in at eleven for another shift." Just thinking about the fact that he had to go back into work in a little over three hours made him wince. He was too tired for this. 

"But that gives you barely any time, that's crazy! It's like seven thirty right now, how do they expect you to get any rest?" Taemin sounded shocked. At least he didn't sound like he was still half asleep anymore. 

"They probably don't. But anyway, you have work soon, right? If you want, we could meet when you get out? My shift finishes just a little before your job does." Jongin tried not to come across as too eager, but he was desperately hoping that he'd get to see Taemin today. The apartment was too big and quiet without the presence of the other, and Jongin was growing more and more lonely. 

"Sure. Your apartment is pretty close to my job, do you want me to just come there?" 

"Yeah, that sounds good. So I'll see you then?" Jongin couldn't believe his luck. He was fine with going out, of course, but he'd really wanted to just stay inside and relax with his boyfriend. So to have Taemin actually suggest to just stay at the apartment was absolutely wonderful.

"Yep. Now go get some rest, you don't have a lot of time." 

"Okay." He smiled, he'd missed Taemin telling him to rest and take care of himself. 

"Oh yeah, Jongin? I wouldn't do it now because of the time, but at some point you should call Sehun. You guys had an argument, didn't you?" 

Jongin's heart plummeted into his stomach. He didn't want to think about that. He knew that he needed to make up with Sehun, but he just hadn't felt that he was ready to. He missed Sehun, despite the fact that recently he had been constantly brushing him off, and he so badly wanted to apologize for that, but he was worried that he'd say the wrong thing in his apology, which would just further piss Sehun off. 

"Yeah, we did... I'll give him a call soon." He had to do it, and maybe now, since Taemin had asked him to, he'd be less worried. 

"Good. I'm gonna go now, I'll see you later."

"Bye, Taemin."

He headed off to bed, light-hearted with excitement. He'd really missed Taemin, and now he had him back. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N 

Hi, sorry this chapter is short took a while to get out, I'm currently on vacation and haven't had much time to write. But, I have your surprise ready! It's right here ! I hope you like it <3

Thanks so much to all my readers and subscribers, I really do hope you enjoy the surprise :) Hopefully I'll get the next couple chapters out faster than this one, and they'll be longer too. 

Thanks for reading!

-H