The Dorms

The Monsters Under Your Bed

“You've got to be kidding me,” Saerin said as she looked over the messy dorm. Well, it wasn't exactly a pig sty but it was definitely not somewhere that she could deign appropriate for an alter of any sort.

“Mian. It's not like we were expecting to have to take you in,” B Bomb said as he pushed past the two girls to plop down on the couch.

“Where are we supposed to be staying exactly?” Saerin closed her eyes and breathed as deeply as she could, reminding herself that they were doing this to protect her and Eunjung.

“This way beautiful,” Kyung called as he headed down the hall opposite of the couch that B Bomb had taken up residence on. “Usually we use this room to hold all of the stuff our fans give us so it might be a bit cluttered.”

Saerin stared wide eyed at the mess that was the room the girls were supposed to be staying in. There was no way in hell she would ever let this pass. She turned wordlessly and headed out to the living room to sit down cross legged in the center of the room and look through her bag holding all of her spell books. She had studied about manipulating their physical dimension and figured that maybe if she tried real hard she might be able to make something better than what was being offered.

“Uh... Guys? Care to explain why there are two random girls in your dorm?” Saerin stopped what she was doing and looked over to see a man a bit older than her and Eunjung standing in the doorway staring at them. She opened to say something but B Bomb beat her to it, walking over with his eyes emitting a faint orange glow.

“Hyung, this is Saerin and Eunjung. They were appointed to our team as our personal assistants. They're going to live in the dorm with us so that they can do their job correctly. They have priority clearance when it comes to anything to do with us. They know everything about us and they only answer to us. You and the others on the team are never to ask them for anything,” B Bomb finished with a smile and pat to the man's shoulders.

“Oh yeah. I forgot about the new assistants you guys were getting. Who would have ever thought they would have chosen such beautiful girls for this. Shouldn't you two be trainees?” The older man said with a light chuckle. “Hyun Bi ibnida but you two can just call me Oppa.”

Saerin bowed a bit to Hyun Bi, not really sure what to say and not really wanting to interact with him at all if she was being honest. Eunjung was another story though. She had stood up and bowed before running over to talk to Hyun Bi about anything and everything to do with Block B from schedules to personal facts that weren't available to the public. Much to B Bomb and U Kwon's astonishment, Hyun Bi gave in swiftly, telling the girl everything that she wanted to know. Saerin just smirked at the boys who were openly gaping at the situation. That was one of Eunjung's special abilities, no one could keep secrets from her. Saerin looked away from the boys on the couch to the kitchen where Taeil and Zico were standing. Zico was observing her with a look that she couldn't identify before turning to Hyun Bi.

“Hyung? Do you think you can run to the store with Eunjung and show her our favorite snacks? We don't really have anything in the kitchen right now,” Eunjung's face lit up like a kid on Christmas and Hyun Bi chuckled a bit before nodding and leading her out of the dorm. “Now you can finish with whatever spell you were going to cast.”

“Kamsamnida,” Saerin said with a light nod to the man before he turned to go down the hallway opposite the kitchen. With a roll of her eyes at Zico's disappearing form, Saerin turned back to her book and found what she was looking for. The spell was complex and something well out of the realm of what she had cast before but even if she could cast it halfway decently she would be happy with the outcome. She took her book and headed down the hallway that the room Kyung had shown her earlier and stopped at the dead end. She placed the book on the ground before calling out her wand. Saerin could feel that her power still wasn't up to par but she should have more than enough for this spell. Gripping the handle of her wand she waved it in a swift circle in front of her before bringing the tip to touch the wall mapping out the shape of a door before marking an X inside of it. She finished with a swish of her wand in the direction of the door outline that glowed a bright white blue before a door appeared. Saerin sighed and wiped sweat from her brow before admiring her work a bit more.

“Omo! That's really cool!” Saerin turned to see Jaehyo staring wide eyed at the door that now graced the wall.

“Kamsamnida, I think it worked pretty well. I might be a bit out of it though,” Saerin said with a small smile before turning the door handle and swinging it open and walking in. Inside of the door was a small living area and two rooms. Saerin frowned a bit when she saw that she hadn't managed to conjure any furniture in her cast but she was sure that was something she could handle after a night of rest. The girls would just have to borrow blankets from the boys for the night until she could get her strength back to normal.

“That was some pretty powerful magick are you sure that you're feeling well enough to expend that much of your energy?” Saerin turned to see Zico leaning against the newly conjured doorframe. She didn't fail to notice the corked bottle in his hand.

“I'll be fine,” Saerin said shortly and turned to take a look into the two rooms.

“Ya, look I know you're not fond of the situation at hand but you could at least try to get along with us now that you're here,” Zico's words were harsh but Saerin took note of the strange look in his eyes. “Take this. It should help you to fully restore your power overnight. I'll have one of the guys bring you and Eunjung some blankets and pillows.”

Zico crossed the room to hand Saerin the bottle and turned to leave just as quickly. She had an internal battle with herself before gripping the bottle a little tighter and steeling herself to answer.

“I'm trying my best,” Zico stopped at Saerin's soft words not bothering to turn and look at her. “I've lived my entire life being told not to trust vampires. You're not making it any easier on me by acting like a complete douche canoe so if you can be nicer then I should be able to at least treat you like a person.”

“I'll try that then. See you at lunch,” Zico said as he nodded and walked away towards his room across the dorm.

“He's really not a bad guy, you know. He has a hard time letting people in and that's why he seems a little abrasive at times. He's lost everyone he's ever loved outside of us,” Jaehyo said as he came to stand beside Saerin.

“Like we all haven't lost people,” Saerin said with a humph. “Just because we lose people doesn't mean that we should become cold and coarse. We should become more loving and caring so that we can accept the hope and comfort that others will bring.”

“Are you sure witches aren't immortal?” Jaehyo said with a smirk before leaving her standing alone in the new room to stare after him in confusion. Not too long after Jaehyo's exit B Bomb came in, arms filled with plush pillows and blankets, before giving Saerin a look that simply said 'Where do you want this?'

“Oh just in one of the rooms I'll set everything up for us after we eat lunch and unpack a bit,” Saerin said, a bit flustered having been caught spacing out. B Bomb acted like he hadn't noticed though and just set everything down in one of the rooms like he was told and went to leave the addition, pausing in the new doorway.

“Zico wants to have a meeting with just the guys so you and Eunjung need to stay in here, got it?” B Bomb caught Saerin's eye roll and scowled a bit harder at her.

“Look I don't intend for Eunjung and I to get in your way so thanks for telling me but next time how about just say that you're having a meeting and not telling me what to do? We're perfectly capable of not being nosy so-”

“Have you seen the guys' rooms Unnie? They're so cool! Zico's really is covered in Hello Kitty stuff!” Saerin slapped her forehead with her palm. Of course she had spoken too soon.

“Yeah, seems like you can keep your companion's nose out of everyone's business,” B Bomb muttered sarcastically before scoffing and turning to leave. When Saerin removed her hand from her face she met Eunjung's confused face with a grimace.

“What? Taeil showed me around the guys' rooms when I got back,” The younger girl noticed Saerin stiffen but didn't bother to say anything lest she get into trouble.

“Stay. Away. From. Taeil. I'm serious Eunjung there's something about the way he looks at you that I don't like,” Normally Eunjung would have pressed the issue but the look on Saerin's face told her that it would be a terrible idea and, considering the circumstances, she didn't want to further upset the witch.

“Knock, knock! Daebak! I didn't even know these rooms were here! And you've already gotten the locks installed too. I guess there's not much to do here then other than set up all your things huh?” Eunjung nodded while Saerin stifled a groan. Too many visitors in her new home for her liking.

“Is there anything you need Hyun Bi Oppa?” Saerin responded with a forced smile.

“Ah not really, just wanted to let you know that we're going to make lunch after the boys have their meeting in case you wanted to join us,” Hyun Bi's smile was almost too kind in Saerin's opinion making her question whether the fangs had used B Bomb's affinity a little too much on the poor man. Just as the frown began to crease her forehead though, Eunjung bounced up to him with a huge smile on her lips and thanked him for the offer.

“We'll be there! Do you need any help cooking? I know I'm not the best but I'm sure that I can help somehow,” Then it dawned on Saerin that this was the reason he was so kind. Eunjung just had a way of being able to make people fall in love with her, she was too precious to dislike. Sometimes it was hard to believe that she was the one who had chased down the bully from their childhood.

“Don't ever let her cook. I'm pretty sure she burned water once. I'm more than happy to help though,” Saerin said lightening her face to look at Hyun Bi.

“Ani, ani, ani. You two rest, it's only your first day here after all. Wouldn't want to work you too hard already,” His laugh was deep and surprisingly comforting. Saerin found herself thinking that he would quickly become someone she would rely on often, even if he was only human. Without very much other than a nod and wave the older man left the girls to unpack and rest up before lunch, though Saerin quickly figured out that they couldn't do much unpacking until she had conjured up some furniture for the two of them.

After a while Saerin decided to go see if she could help Hyun Bi cook since she was ridiculously bored, he may have said no the first time but surely he wouldn't turn her down if she was already in the kitchen, there were ten of them now after all. On her way to the kitchen she had to pass by what she guessed was the guys in home studio, which must have been where they were having their meeting considering she could hear their voices coming from the cracked open door.

“I don't know man, she's much stronger than she seems. Maybe it would have been better to leave her alone,” U-Kwon's voice was fairly monotone but Saerin rolled her eyes none the less. Whatever they were talking about it didn't seem to be something that required her and Eunjung to stay cooped up in their new rooms.

“Yeah I'm with him. She scares the piss out of me. Just knowing that someone that strong is out there is terrifying,” B Bomb's shiver was strong enough that she could feel it as she continued to pass by the door not bothering to listen in any longer. What in the world could they be talking about that scared them so much? It couldn't be the Unknown could it? Hadn't she told them that it was a guy?

As she reached the kitchen she managed to clear her head of the questions she had about their meeting. They had clearly said that they didn't want her or Eunjung to be there so it must not be something she needed to know right? It's not like they were talking about her right? With one last shake of her head, Saerin entered the kitchen and made her way to the counter and began cutting up the vegetables, whether Hyun Bi liked it or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hey guys I'm so sorry that this update has been so delayed... I had a horrible case of writer's block and major life changes and things that I've been dealing with but I'm back and I have not abandoned any of my stories so I promise updates for them all soon! Comments are greatly appreciated! As Always Thanks for Reading! Kamsamnida!