A Truce

The Monsters Under Your Bed

“Hey, if we're trying to get them to trust us don't you think that we should introduce ourselves?” The short one said from his spot on the couch next to the tall boy.

“I guess you're right,” The blonde boy in the chair said as he sat up to look at the girls. “I'm Ji Ho but you can just call me Zico. Probably a bit easier honestly. The short one over there is Taeil. The tall idiot that brought us here is Ji Hoon but we just call him P.O. The quiet one that was looking at your shrine-”

“Alter ,” Saerin bit back at Zico. Zico simply raised his hands in a surrendering motion before continuing.

“Alter, mian. The quiet one that was looking at it is Min Hyuk, we call him B Bomb. Cucumber over there is Kyung,” Zico pointed to the boy that had called P.O maknae earlier. “U Kwon is the one that had been with Kyung at the front door and Jaehyo is the one that was looking at the alter with B Bomb. Any questions?”

“Ani,” Saerin answered still not letting down her defensive position in front of Eunjung.

“Well, now that we've introduced ourselves don't you think you should tell us who you and your friend are beautiful?” Kyung said making Saerin cringe.

“Ani. I'm not sure that I trust you,” Saerin said as she glared at the boys.

“Unnie, why don't you see if you can read them. You're really good at knowing when people are lying,” Eunjung whispered from Saerin's side.

Saerin turned her gaze to her friend knowing she was right. If Saerin hadn't been so panicked at this moment she would have been able to use her skills as an empath to know their intentions but it didn't make her distrust her senses anymore than she already did. Vampires were master manipulators and most were trained in how to trick empaths such as herself. Eunjung didn't even know what they were yet though. Maybe she just thought that there was nothing that could trick Saerin's affinities.

Never the less Saerin began to read the room. Most of the guys seemed either bored, intrigued, or like they wanted to toy with them. The ones wanting to toy with them being P.O, Zico, Jaehyo, and Taeil, though the manner in which they wanted to toy with them was as elusive as the smoke that Saerin and Eunjung had wrapped themselves in earlier that day. All in all none of them seemed to be lying nor did they seem to really be acting like she had always been told Vampires would act.

“As long as you Fangs keep your together I will tell you what you need to know about us. One false move though and I will end at least one of you on my way down. Got it?” Saerin said with a glare to the boys sitting comfortably in her living room.

“Woah! No need for slurs now sweetheart,” Zico said from his spot on her chair.

“I'll call you what I damn well please. Sweetheart,” Saerin spit the name out of at the blonde before continuing. “My name is Saerin and I'm a witch. This is Eunjung and she's my companion.”

“I knew it! B Bomb, you owe me ten bucks!” Jaehyo exclaimed from his spot beside P.O.

“Yeah, yeah. Let her finish pabo,” B Bomb answered before motioning for Saerin to continue.

“I've been searching for this Unknown for four years now. I've come to the conclusion that it could be one of two Supernaturals,” Saerin said and the boys all looked at her with their undivided attention.

“Go on,” Zico said prompting Saerin to continue though she looked to Eunjung who simply nodded at her.

“I think it's either a shapeshifter with a wolf affinity or a Werewolf. I know that the latter is practically impossible considering the last sighting of a Werewolf in Asia was over a century ago but still, it's a possibility,” Saerin watched the boys exchange looks before Taeil spoke up.

“Yeah, it was in 1895. We killed it,” The statement caused an icy chill to run up Saerin's spine. Had the most innocent looking of the group really just said that they had killed another Supernatural so easily?

“That dog had been running around without a leash, killing innocent humans however it pleased and almost exposed us all. We killed it to keep our world a secret,” B Bomb said to clarify.

“We may be Vampires but we're not cold blooded killers,” P.O said making Saerin snort.

“If you're not killers then how do you feed?” Saerin sneered to the group. From the corner of her eye she could see Eunjung's eyes widen.

“We only feed when we have to and never directly from the source. It's been decades since we've switched to blood bags. Believe it or not we do actually like humans,” P.O replied with an offended look.

“Alright then. I'll believe you for now. But just because I'm taking your word doesn't mean that I trust you with Eunjung,” Saerin said with as much finality as she could muster. She saw Taeil almost deflate at her statement.

“This Unknown has hurt us too. Whether you believe it or not. We want your help,” Jaehyo said with what appeared to be an innocent face.

“You didn't even know that I knew anything about this Unknown before now. How can you think that I'll believe that?” Saerin asked. The question seemed almost palpable amongst the boys who all turned to look at Zico for their answer.

“Because you're the only other Supernatural that we've met since this Unknown showed up. Most of the Supernaturals in Korea have either died out or moved. We would prefer to have more than just a Witch on our side but at this point we'll take what we can get,” Zico answered. Saerin knew that was true though. She had been exhausting every contact her and her mother had made in the Supernatural world and unfortunately they had all either been killed or left Korea. She was still hesitant though. She had been taught since she was old enough to understand her world that Vampires were one of her biggest enemies and she found it hard to believe that her grandmother had just been prejudice.

“What's your family name?” U Kwon said for the first time that night.

“What does it matter?” Saerin bit back.

“Are you Hwa Hyun Suk's granddaughter?” Saerin's eyes widened. She didn't keep a memorial in her home for her mother or grandmother, both of those were at the Temple. So how did he know her grandmother's name?

“How do you know that name?” Saerin asked fixing a wide eyed stare at the boy.

“We were all born as Vampires, not made, and when I came to maturity I suffered a very bad wound from the villagers that had lived in Daegu. They had found out what I was and tried to kill me, almost succeeded too. I ran to the nearest safe haven I could find. That happened to be Hwa Hyun Suk's Temple. She was still young then, maybe only in her twenties, but she had completed her training and had nursed me back to health. Back then there weren't blood bags so she had to collect the blood she could in the only way she knew how. She would take blood from people in the village and manipulate their memories so that they wouldn't remember what had happened. She wasn't willing to let me feed from the source and she wasn't risking me turning anyone so she did what she had to to help me. I was only there for a week but she had done more for me in that week than I can ever remember anyone, other than these idiots, ever doing for me. My parents found out though. They weren't exactly on the accepting side when it came to other Supernatural races. They killed all of the villagers that your halmoni had used to save me thinking that they were 'protecting the bloodline'. All they did was ruin everything Hyun Suk had done though. I don't really know all the details but I know that Hyun Suk killed my parents. They deserved it. But when I went back to thank her for everything she had done for me she turned me away and said that if she ever saw me again she would kill me. I never did see her again but I was always grateful for what she did for me. If she is your halmoni I guess it would make sense why you don't trust us,” U Kwon said as he lifted his head to look at Saerin's eyes. “You have her eyes. That purple is unique to your family but whether you mean for them to or not, they're kind like hers.”

“So you're telling me that my halmoni hated Vampires because your parents were douche canoes?” Saerin said earning a chuckle from the boy.

“Yeah I guess you could say that,” U Kwon replied.

“How old are you all anyways?” Saerin couldn't stop her curiosity now. If he knew her grandmother when she was in her twenties and he was fully matured then he must have been born in the late 1700's.

“I was born in 1792,” U Kwon answered looking to the other boys for them to answer her question.

“B Bomb, Jaehyo, and I were all born in 1790,” Taeil responded.

“1793,” P.O stated.

“1792, like U Kwon,” said Kyung.

“1692,” Zico said from the chair. Saerin turned to face him with a look of awe on her face. Hadn't most of the Korean Vampires died then? “My parents were some of the last surviving members of the Vampire elites in Korea but a lot of them had moved to other countries to expand their territory. Most of them moved back after they found out that we had been hunted to almost extinction here.”

“Ah. I see. So you guys are actually pretty old, huh?” Saerin said her guard beginning to drop. They had been so honest with her and she was beginning to trust them more. Most Vampires never revealed their age, it was like admitting to how strong you were.

“Yeah, just don't let our fans know. They might be a bit upset to think that they're in love with men that are well over two centuries older than them,” Kyung said with a laugh.

“We're getting side tracked though. Do you think you'd be willing to join forces with us, if only for a little while, to track down this Unknown?” P.O asked looking to Saerin with a genuinely pleading look.

“That thing killed my Eomma. I want to know why,” Saerin replied.

“I take that as a yes then?” Jaehyo stood up and clapped his hands together when Saerin nodded. “Well then do you have a spell or something you want to do to ensure this truce for your own peace of mind?”

“Ani. I'll trust you for now. Just don't forget that I will take at least one of you down with me if you betray me,” Saerin said with a stern look.

“Trust me beautiful, I don't think any of us is stupid enough to betray a Witch as strong as you seem to be,” Kyung said.

“You don't even know how strong I am. The protection spell I placed hasn't worn off yet,” Saerin watched Zico's eyes widened before he responded.

“Then Sweetheart, I don't think you have anything to worry about. None of us is stupid enough to get on your bad side,” Saerin gave Zico a confused look before he motioned for all the boys to head out. “We'll leave this here for tonight. I know you want more information but your companion, Eunjung, seems like she's about to fall over from exhaustion. We'll come back tomorrow and I'll personally tell you everything I know about this Unknown.”

Saerin nodded and the boys disappeared one by one until the only one left was P.O. He looked around as if making sure the others were gone before walking up to Saerin and rubbing his hand on her face like he had at the concert.

“Mianhe. I didn't mean to surprise you like this, jinja. I just felt like you might have needed our help. I hope you forgive me,” And with that he was gone just like the others. Saerin turned to see that Zico had been right, Eunjung looked like she was ready to pass out at any time.

“Come on you big baby. Let's get you to bed. We've got work to do tomorrow,” Eunjung followed Saerin with no argument as she was led to her room.

“Good night Unnie. I'll see you in the morning,” Eunjung closed her door and Saerin stood there for a minute simply staring at the door before giving a light smile.

“Good night pabo. Saranghe,” With that Saerin went into her room and got into bed, not even worrying enough to change. It wasn't long before she fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Just as a statement there is nothing romantic between Eunjung and Saerin. She loves her as a sister and friend. But anyways.... I really liked this chapter. I know the interactions weren't as amazing as the last chapter but still I really liked it. What did you think of it? As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!