We Need To Protect You

The Monsters Under Your Bed

The attacks were swift and rough. Saerin barely had time to think, let alone dodge. The man's claws dug deep into Saerin's arm and chest, ripping into her flesh easily. Saerin's screams resounded through the Temple along with the sound of her blood hitting the stone floor. She fell to her knees as the man shook his hand to rid himself of her blood.

“If only you would have minded your own business it wouldn't have ended like this. You just had to follow your mother's footsteps didn't you? What a waste. I liked you too. Oh well,” With that the man walked out of the temple.

When she heard the door close, Saerin reached her right hand up to summon her wand. As soon as the rosewood handle appeared in her palm she felt more at peace even though she was losing strength quickly. Saerin closed her eyes and took a deep breath sending an apology to the goddess before swishing her wand in front of herself to teleport back to her apartment. She fell with a thump to the floor, blood still dripping from her wounds. She lifted herself and crawled over to the alter and grabbed a handful of herbs, knocking over most of the alter in the process. Saerin quickly crushed the herbs into the wound on her chest.

“Goddess please allow this to heal me,” Saerin muttered. She regretted not being able to think of the spell she needed at the time. She closed her eyes and focused as much power as she could on her hand clutching the herbs to her chest. There was a warm feeling as she continued silently praying. When the warm sensation went away her chest was no longer in pain and she finally opened her eyes. She sat back on her knees and sighed before checking her arm to see that the cut there would be easily dealt with by a bandage.

“What the HELL happened?!” Zico's voice rang loudly through the apartment. Saerin looked around her apartment for the first time to notice that all of the guys had all backed themselves up against the wall furthest away from the altar and seemed to not be breathing. They all had looks that ranged from worry to predatory and even anger, in Zico's case. “I knew I shouldn't have let you go alone.”

“You wouldn't... have been able... to get in... anyways,” Though the gash in her chest had been healed, Saerin's strength was still gone and she had trouble speaking. She felt so drained that it honestly didn't surprise her when she heard Eunjung gasp sharply as she ran to her side.

“Unnie! Gwenchana? Ottoke?” Eunjung fussed over Saerin as the elder attempted to weakly wave her away. Eunjung wouldn't take no for an answer though and quickly helped Saerin to stand so that she could put her in one of the chairs to bandage her arm.

“You still haven't answered me. What the hell happened?” Zico's stare burned into Saerin's eyes and she sighed in defeat. She simply didn't have the energy to deal with him at the moment.

“I went.. to the Temple... and I... got attacked,” Saerin answered simply and as Zico opened his mouth to pry more details from her Eunjung's voice came from the hallway between their rooms. She had the door to the closet where they kept the herbs wide open and was looking at them all very intently.

“Unnie, what herbs do I use for the restrengthening tea again?” Saerin shook her head lightly and grimaced a bit at the dizzy feeling she got after.

“Adder's tongue, ague root... bloodroot, and fennel.... Do you... remember... how to... make it?” Saerin shut her eyes tightly as black spots began to form in her vision. She quickly opened them when she felt a hand being placed on her head. She looked up to see Jaehyo standing in front of her.

“Don't worry. I guess you could call this my affinity,” As Jaehyo spoke Saerin felt a surge of energy from where his hand was. It slowly flooded her body though not filling it. She still felt drained. “You're going to need a lot more care than I can give. Eunjung-ssi you might want to hurry with whatever you're making for her.”

Jaehyo slowly brought his hand down to Saerin's cheek and she couldn't help but close her eyes and sigh with a small smile on her face. She subconsciously nuzzled her face into his palm more, relishing the feeling of energy. She stayed that way until Eunjung came over and tapped her shoulder making her turn and look at the younger girl.

“Unnie, you have to say the spell and don't forget to drink it all,” Eunjung handed her a mug filled with a murky tea. Saerin appreciated it but was definitely not going to enjoy it.

“Et sanitatem praesidio. Et fortitudinem, et renovare,” Saerin said the spell while slowly circling her hand in the air above the mug. As she ended the spell the mug began to glow with a very faint light. Saerin lifted the mug to her lips and downed it as quickly as she could. It was bitter and not a good taste at all but with every drop she felt herself returning to normal. When she was done she grimaced as she gave the mug back to Eunjung. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Jaehyo staring at her with a faint pink dusted across his cheeks as he tried to maintain a straight face. Saerin quickly realized that his hand was still on her cheek and blushed a bit herself. “I'm feeling much better now. You can stop.”

Jaehyo took a moment to process what she had said before quickly retracting his hand and looking to his feet. Saerin almost wanted to giggle, he looked so cute. He looked up from the floor to meet Saerin's eyes and found her smiling at him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped, she looked so different when she smiled.

Kamsamnida. I really appreciate your help,” She continued to smile making her eyes turn into crescents. Jaehyo opened and closed his mouth a few times before finally forming a coherent thought.

I-It's no problem,” He blushed a bit more and looked away. “You should smile more. You're pretty when you smile.”

As much as I'd love to sit here and watch you two flirt all day, we do have some business to attend to,” Zico's voice drew Saerin's attention and her smile fell. “First of all, what in the actual happened to you?”

I was attacked at the Temple or did you not hear that earlier?” Zico narrowed his eyes at her and spoke a bit more harshly this time.

I heard that. I'm asking what exactly happened. How were you attacked? Didn't you say that there were heavy protection spells around the Temple?” Saerin continued to glare at the boy and he sighed running his hands over his face. “We didn't protect you this time and I just want to make sure we can protect you in the future. What we're doing is dangerous and no matter how capable you are I don't want you getting hurt because of this.”

A man had been kneeling at the alter when I entered the Temple. It isn't abnormal but something felt off. He said something about 'we'll always win in the end' and then attacked me. He had claws and they ripped into my chest and arm. He went on to talk about how I should have minded my own business and something about following my mother's footsteps and what a waste. He said he had liked me,” As Saerin's last words left she saw P.O and Zico tense with scowls on their faces while Jaehyo literally growled. “I assume he was a Supernatural.”

Did you get a good look at him?” Zico asked pushing through his tension.

I think he was about 182 cm, he was fairly thin but defined, and he had light brown hair. That's all I really saw. The attack was too fast for me to get a good look at his face,” Saerin finished in an almost meek voice.

I'm going to kill him,” Saerin turned to look at Jaehyo after he spoke. His deadly tone was matched by a red glow to his eyes. He looked every bit the predator that he was.

Calm down Jaehyo,” Zico's voice was firm and almost demanding but Saerin noticed that Jaehyo almost immediately did as he was told. “Do you think he could have been the Unknown?”

He could have been. I'm not sure. I didn't sense anything from him. It was really odd,” Saerin never took her eyes off of Jaehyo and he looked back at her with a look that she could only describe as worry.

He doesn't seem to have a scent either. We should assume that he is for now and we should be more cautious,” Zico said slowly releasing a deep breath.

I'll stay with Saerin. If he tries to attack again I don't want her to be in danger,” Jaehyo said finally breaking eye contact with Saerin to look to his leader.

I don't want Eunjung alone either so I'll stay with her,” Taeil said crossing his arms and shooting a small smile over to Eunjung who was blushing a deep shade of red.

And what will you do about your schedules? You guys can't do that,” Saerin said giving Jaehyo an apologetic smile.

Then you'll just have to come and stay with us,” P.O said drawing Saerin's eyes.

That doesn't seem possible either. How do you think that would work?” Saerin said with a sarcastic eye roll. “I'm pretty sure your managers and company would have a lot of complaints if we were with you all the time.”

That's where I come in,” B Bomb said as he and the other boys made themselves comfortable again. “I can just alter their memories and make it so they think you're a part of our team. You wouldn't really have to do anything though.”

Are you kidding me? You really expect us to just go along with this? Are you crazy?” Saerin glared a bit at the boy before Eunjung spoke up.

I actually wouldn't really mind. I mean it could be fun hanging out with them and all,” Saerin turned her glare to the girl before Jaehyo lightly took her hand.

Jaebal. I don't want to see you hurt anymore,” Saerin looked at Jaehyo's face and she couldn't manage to glare at him. His eyes were sad and pleading, he was too sincere.

Arrasseo. But I swear if anything weird happens you all will have hell to pay. Arrasseoyo?” Saerin gave a stern look to the other six boys who all nodded in agreement. “What do we need to do now?”

You need to pack your things beautiful because we're taking you ladies to our dorms,” Kyung said with a wink making Jaehyo glare at him. Saerin sighed and stood up, grabbing Eunjung's hand and walking to her room. The boys stayed in their seats and began to talk through their plan. Once the girls were inside of Saerin's room she closed her door and leaned against it.

Unnie. Give them a chance. I really think they just want to protect us,” Eunjung said going over to the older girls closet and pulling out the suitcases that they would need. Saerin shook her head at the girls efforts and pulled out her wand moving it in a circling motion above her head before all the items she needed found themselves flying into her suitcase.

It's not that I don't think they're sincere. It's that I still don't trust a Fang's nature. I don't want you to leave my side until I'm sure I can trust them. Just listen to me this once. Jaebal,” Eunjung bit her lip with a pitiful expression before nodding. She couldn't stand it when Saerin pleaded like this, it made her feel bad.

Arrasseo Unnie. Now let's go do that trick to my room,” Eunjung bounded over and out of the door into her room across the hall as Saerin followed with a groan.

How many times do I have to tell you to not call them tricks!? You should be more respectful of magick!” Eunjung laughed and Saerin quickly did the same motion from the door way making all of Eunjung's things pack themselves before quickly heading back to her own room to grab another suitcase. As she turned to exit the room though she was startled to find Jaehyo standing directly behind her.

I'll take your bags if you're done packing,” He said with a light grin. Something in his eyes was so warm that it began to draw Saerin in before she shook her head to rid herself of the ridiculous thoughts flooding it.

I've got one more bag to pack first. I need to have all of my herbs and my alter just to make sure that I can perform all my magick,” Saerin squeezed by him and out the door heading to the closet that Eunjung had gotten the herbs from before again making them pack themselves.

So you really do have to have all this stuff to perform magick?” Jaehyo said with curiostiy before looking at Saerin in awe.

Not really. I can perform most of my magick with just my wand but I like to be prepared just in case the unexpected happens and I need something else,” Saerin cracked a small grin before finishing. “A witches best friend is anticipation.”

Saerin looked up to see Jaehyo staring at her slack jawed and wide eyed. She continued to study his face a bit before waving her hand in front of it. He hadn't blinked once since he had started staring and it was fairly unnerving.

Where did you hear that saying?” Jaehyo finally broke through his trance and asked.

I don't know. It's just something I've always said. Eomma used to tell me that I should copyright it because she had never heard it but it was very true,” Saerin answered with a small chuckle at the memory of her mother. She shrugged her shoulders and headed back to the living room to pack away the alter so that they could be on their way. She had left Jaehyo standing there lost in his own memories. What was this girl exactly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hey sorry this took so long to come out! I have been trying to work on my other stories though they've been moving slowly too! I should have more chapters of everything up soon. I'm starting to find my groove again finally! Let me know what you guys think in the comments! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!