Fang Meeting

The Monsters Under Your Bed

Saerin woke up late in the morning the next day. She quickly put herself together and started to mentally prepare herself for the day as she usually did but everything was off. Something wasn't quite right and it didn't make sense to her why. She ran over the events of the night before, trying to find the exact point when everything went to hell. Despite her attempts to convince herself otherwise, Saerin pinpointed it to the moment that she said okay to still going to the concert after finding out where their seats were.

“Doesn't really matter now though does it?” Saerin sighed to herself as she walked out of her room, heading towards the kitchen. “Maybe I could find that time bending spell that Eomma always talked about.”

“Isn't time bending dangerous though?” A deep voice whispered into her ear making her jump. Saerin's elbow shot back behind her and made contact with the man's stomach, presumably his diaphragm from the sound of air escaping him in one quick puff. Saerin turned and sent her opposite fist into his face as he bent down, trying to recover his breath. An almost sickening crack indicated that her punch had landed exactly where she had wanted it to as she lifted her leg to send a knee into the intruder's groin. She never quite made contact though as she now saw the man's face and could recognize him. It was P.O.

“Yah! What the hell do you think you're doing here!?” Saerin yelled as she took note of the others now occupying her living room and laughing at the youngest's pain. Saerin could see one of them though and quickly looked over to find Taeil lingering by Eunjung's room.

Saerin quickly ran over and moved her hands across the wood of the door in a practiced and meticulous pattern. When she was done she clapped her hands together and a surge of power left her and attached itself to the pattern she had drawn, making it glow with a blue white light before setting itself into place.

“What was that?” Jaehyo asked, standing to look at Saerin with wide curious eyes. “I've never seen anything like it!”

“It's called Perfect Cube and it will keep you all away from Eunjung,” Saerin said with a quick glare to Taeil who simply pouted while crossing his arms and walking back to the living room.

“She acts like we're going to eat her friend or something,” Taeil remarked before unceremoniously plopped down onto the couch.

“That's because I don't know you at all and I may have agreed to a truce but that doesn't mean I trust you to follow through on your end yet. Skepticism is what has helped the last of the witches survive for so long,” Saerin said as she entered the kitchen and made herself and Eunjung some breakfast.

“Does no one care that she just attacked me? Jinja?” P.O asked, still clutching his jaw.

“Well if you weren't stupid enough to sneak up behind me like that then I wouldn't have. Besides none of you have bothered to answer my question. What the hell are you doing here?” Saerin said not even bothering to look up from the porridge she was making.

“We were going to see if you wanted to start trading research today. How old is that spell anyways? Did you find that recently?” Jaehyo asked coming to stand at the bar that separated the kitchen from the living room.

“Jinja? No one cares that she dislocated my jaw?” P.O continued to complain.

“I'll have to go to the Temple to get my research but it'll only take a moment. I'll do that after I finish with breakfast. That spell is pretty old. From what I know there's only been a handful of Witches that can perform it though. Seems like the users who can perform it only show up every fourth or fifth generation. Why are you so interested?” Saerin replied ignoring the young idiot.

“Doesn't this break the truce though li-” Saerin turned and glared at P.O cutting off whatever he was going to say.

“Ani! You're lucky that I don't think that you showing up uninvited and unannounced to my apartment doesn't break it! Your jaw's already healed anyways so shut up and move on!” The other boys laughed at P.O as he floundered around for a response.

“She's got a point Pabo,” Taeil said between chuckles.

“You, the weird one, you never answered me,” Saerin said pointing her chopsticks over at Jaehyo who was still sitting at the bar.

“Weird one? I'm the weird one? Waeyo?” Jaehyo pouted and rested his head chin on his arms that he had crossed on the bar top.

“Because you're the only one who was interested in the spell,” Saerin said finishing up the prep for her porridge and putting the lid on the pot for it to simmer. She turned around when she was done and leaned against the counter crossing her arms. “So why are you so interested?”

“It's just interesting that's all. Your aura changed when you cast that spell. It was, I don't know, older? Well, not really older, it just looked more like it's been around for a lot longer than you could have been. Witches aren't immortal like us right?” Jaehyo asked tilting his head on his arms.

“Witches are mortal. There's a belief that we can be born again should the goddess decide she needs us but a reincarnation hasn't been officially recorded since the 1700s. It's also fairly hard to prove. A lot of people can claim to have memories of a past life but without it being verified by someone objective it's difficult to know if it's true. But what do you mean my aura changed? Our aura's don't change when we cast,” Saerin's brow knit together trying to think about what that could possibly mean.

“Like I said, I don't really know how to explain it. It's not really something I see a lot or at all for that matter. It just changed drastically. It's weird for sure,” Jaehyo said standing back up and walking over to the door to Eunjung's room. He reached his hand out and had almost grabbed the door knob when Saerin spoke up.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you. If the spell senses you trying to enter it will sap you of your energy, magical or otherwise, and use it to enforce itself,” She said as she turned back to the pot on the burner. She pulled it off the burner and ladled out two bowls worth before putting one on a tray with a spoon and some water. She walked over to stand facing the door before shifting the tray to one hand and swiping her right arm through the air.

When she pulled her arm back up she had her wand in her hand. It was made of rosewood that had formed around black onyx in a twisting form. With her wand in hand, Saerin felt the surge of power through her veins. It was always exhilarating. With a quick swish through the air and a bit of white light, Saerin had vanished from the living room and appeared in Eunjung's room. She quickly tossed her wand in the air and it disappeared, going back to it's holding place.

“Unnie? Why am I stuck in my room?” Eunjung asked spotting Saerin in her mirror.

“The Fangs are here,” Saerin walked over to Eunjung's vanity and set down the tray.

“I thought we had a truce with them? Aren't they helping us?” Eunjung asked putting down her makeup brushes and looking at Saerin.

“I have a truce with them, yes. I don't trust them. Being suspicious is normal and until I can trust them I don't want them anywhere near you. I might not be able to protect you if they decide they want to snack on you,” The elder said as she sat down on Eunjung's bed grabbing her Mickey Mouse ear pillow and hugging it to her chest.

“I don't think they'd do that. It'd be a really quick way for them to lose the chance to learn what you know about the Unknown. You should really give them a chance, they don't seem like bad guys,” Eunjung said as she turned to finish her makeup.

“Yeah, well, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Eat your porridge, it's going to get cold,” Saerin said as she stood from the bed tossing the pillow back to its spot.

“Ne, Unnie,” Saerin smiled at her younger friend before pulling out her wand again and teleporting herself back to the living room.

“She's more powerful than we could have ever imagined!” Jaehyo exclaimed to Zico who was sitting on the couch with a disinterested look on his face.

“So what? It's not like she's stronger than us,” B Bomb said from the chair whose back was to Saerin.

“I don't think you really understand her power. She's not physically stronger than us but don't for one second doubt that she would be able to take us all out in one fell swoop,” U Kwon said leaning back into the couch.

Saerin had heard enough. She made her way over to the chair that B Bomb was in and wrapped her left arm around his neck, leaning in to whisper in his ear as she brought the tip of her wand to his throat.

“Don't worry about how strong I am. I'll protect what I care about with my life and that makes me dangerous to anyone who threatens me. I won't hesitate to kill those that hurt what's mine. Got it?” Saerin stood up and pushed B Bomb away from her as she made her way back to the kitchen to get her porridge.

“I think she just made B Bomb piss his pants,” Kyung said as he started laughing. “I like her!”

“Shut up, you stupid cucumber,” B Bomb said slouching down into the chair a bit more.

“So when are we going to your Temple?” Zico said effectively silencing the other boys.

We aren't. I will go after I finish my breakfast. It'll only take me a few minutes,” Saerin answered as she started to shovel porridge into . She didn't really taste anything but she just really wanted to be done so that she could get this Fang meeting over with as quickly as possible.

“Why don't you want us to come with you to the Temple? Wouldn't it be better to keep an eye on us if you're so worried about your companion?” P.O said earning himself a glare from Taeil.

“The Temple is a holy place. I don't exactly trust your intentions. Not to mention there's a strong possibility that you would die if you went on the property. It's loaded down with protection spells to stop other Supernaturals from trespassing and possibly destroying it. Eunjung will be safe as long as she's in the Perfect Cube. You wouldn't be able to get into it no mater how hard you tried,” Saerin answered as she finished her porridge.

“I may not be able to go in but at least let me walk you there. I'll be able to protect you if anything happens,” Zico said slowly standing from the couch.

“Not happening. Not only is that stupid by the fact that you're an idol but also because it's not far and you would simply attract more unwanted attention honestly. I'll be fine on my own. If it makes you feel any better I promise to keep my wand out,” Saerin said as she walked over to the front door. It was true that she could simply teleport there but it was something she had been taught at a very young age was not acceptable. If you're going to enter the Temple you have to do it correctly and respectfully.

“I don't really like that at all,” Zico said coming to stand in front of Saerin.

“Well too bad. Like it or not this is what's happening. The longer you have me standing here the longer this meeting is going to last. Personally, I'd rather get it over and done with now,” Saerin said trying to side step Zico. He reached out and grabbed her arm though preventing any further movement and earning himself an eye roll from Saerin.

“Don't do that. We're going to protect you now so just let us,” Zico gave Saerin a very strict look which only made her set a glare on him.

“I don't need your protection. I am neither fragile nor helpless so just let me go. I can take care of myself,” Saerin ripped her arm from his grip and walked to the front door, slamming it behind her. “Does he not get that I'm a High Priestess? I really want to punch him in his stupid face.”

Saerin continued to mumble to herself as she walked to the Temple and sprinkled herself with oils before walking in. Something was wrong though. Saerin could sense a presence and she couldn't identify what it was. Walking into the main hall of the Temple she found a person sitting on their knees not far from the alter in the front of the hall. This wasn't necessarily strange as they didn't lock the Temple, allowing worshippers to come in any time day or night to pray. The strange bit was the aura that the person had. It was almost menacing and Saerin couldn't figure out why.

“When will you Witches learn? You can't stop us forever. We'll always win in the end,” That was all the person said before he turned and attacked. Saerin almost wished she would have taken Zico up on his offer even if he wouldn't have been able to come into the Temple.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So I know we kinda jumped into a big bit of action here at the end but it really will make sense later I swear. What do you think is going to happen to Saerin? Let me know in the comments! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!