[SaTzu] Why Am I Here? (III)

Once a shot, Twice a story

Sana woke up on the bright side of the bed as she stretched her body, a smile already plastered on her face. She quickly made her way to the bathroom, not before glancing at her still snoozing roommate. Sana had just finished her exams a few days back, while Mina ended hers yesterday. She pitied the girl for disturbing her study time and making their room a wreck as she was packing all of her stuff for the past few days since she’s about to graduate in a month. Yes, she still had a lot of time before she has to leave college for good, but she’s in a rush for today.

The day she will go and see her.

She faced the mirror, her eyes fell on the pendant with a small blue stone. She rubbed it between her fingers, leaving a kiss on it with a satisfied smile, her daily morning routine. She heard a low yawning, turning to her roommate who’s rubbing her eyes cutely.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

Sana grinned as she grab a hairbrush and starts combing her shoulder-length hair. “It’s still early, so don’t worry.”

“Well, someone seems eager.”

She caught the smirk from the reflection, responding with a nonchalant shrug. Mina merely shook her head with a small chuckle as she made a beeline to the bathroom. She was surprised to see Sana still sitting in front of the mirror, checking herself for God knows how many times even after she got out half an hour later.

“Sana, stop it. You look good already.”

“Really?” The girl frowned while rubbing her ear, a habit when she’s nervous.

“Yah! Why are you being like this?”

“I don’t know… I mean, it’s been months. I’ve never heard from her since…”

Mina caught the crestfallen face, hurriedly walking to her friend and giving her an embrace from behind.

“It’s going to be fine.”

“Thank you, Mii-chan.”

Mina hummed before swaying them left and right, earning a joyous giggle from Sana. She let go of the girl before grabbing her keys and stood by the door to hold it as Sana drags her small luggage. They exchanged small talk on the way to the airport, mostly of the dissatisfaction she received from the other girls for declining to join their impromptu end-of-semester/waiting-for-graduation vacation. It was mostly Chaeyoung who grumbled a lot in their group chat. It was cute as Sana imagined the smol cub pouting deeply with crossed arms and stomping her feet in annoyance. She was glad they managed to get closer again; Chaeyoung was giving her the cold shoulder for almost a month after she knew about the break up, who, surprisingly, also the last one to know. Sana was surprised that Tzuyu didn’t tell anyone about it, including her doted sister Jihyo and bestfriend Chaeyoung. It was Sana who declared it to Momo, before the news spread like wildfire within their group. But everything turns weirdly well after Tzuyu left. Somehow, they hang out a lot together. Jihyo’s been planning all sorts of get together and movie nights for them, and things weren’t so awkward after all. She was a bit sad and guilty she didn’t get to join their short vacation escape, reasoning that she had to go back to Japan for some family matters. Only Mina knows about her planned trip, and she was grateful the latter respect her decision.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Hm?” Sana averts her gaze to Mina with a smile, “Just thinking about us.”

“Us?”

Sana gave her that annoying look with a shrug that Mina hates in a teasing manner. The car stopped on the departure drop off, feeling nostalgic all of a sudden. Mina bid her safe journey with a hug, “Tell her I said hi, okay?”

Sana nodded, watching with a smile as Mina drove back to the dorm. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves as she scanned the place again. Nothing much has changed since the last time she went there, exactly 5 months after Tzuyu decided to leave them.

 

After shoving Sana to the back seat of Mina’s car, no words were spoken between the three of them. There were occasional glances shared between Momo and the driver who she hates to interact more than needed, but the silence was suffocating and making them more anxious. Sana was never the quiet one, it was usually Mina, and this was making the air around them more awkward. Mina looked through the rearview mirror, trying to find the right words to say but what she found was heartbreaking. Sana was clutching the blue box tightly in her grip, her knuckles white. Her eyes were boring deep into it as if she can see the content without opening the lid.

“Sana.”

There, she saw it, when Sana raised her head to Momo’s voice. The broken state of her friend; how she was trying hard to keep the tears from falling, how she was trying to figure out what to do with the box, how she was trying to keep her heart from shattering more than it is.

“It’s really beautiful. Tzuyu really thought a lot about it, you know?”

Mina glanced to the shotgun seat. Momo was looking ahead with her straight face, but even then, she knows what to say, what was on Sana’s mind, how to put the final push.

She heard movement on the back, probably Sana deciding to do what’s right at the moment. They heard a gasp, followed by muffled sobs. Mina turned to Momo, the latter shaking her head to let Sana be.

The girl was trying hard to keep herself together but the view of the necklace made her cried even more. It was like a slap to her face; that everything was her fault, for not being patient and understanding enough for the love Tzuyu had promised her.

Mina stepped on the gas as Sana’s crying keeps getting louder, exceeding the speed limit as she maneuvered through the heavy traffic. Momo was shrieking for her to spare her life but she ignore it. She wants to save their love, Sana’s and Tzuyu’s love, even if…

Oh, the heck with rules. She didn’t play those racing games for fun.

Just as they arrived on the departure drop off safely, albeit the almost passed out Momo stoned to her seat, Sana had already shot out of the car without sparing them a glance. She didn’t know where she’s heading, but she needs to find her.

Tzuyu.

Her mind was only filled with the girl’s name, face, smile, laughter, tears…

The place was crowded, but Sana easily slithered her way around looking for a certain person. She didn’t know how, but somehow, she knows where to go. Exactly as she had predicted, she saw a familiar face among the crowd.

“Where is she?!”

Jihyo was startled at the sudden presence of a disarrayed Sana appearing before her, shaking her body with much force.

“S-Sana?”

“Tzuyu! Where is she?”

“Calm do-“

“TELL ME!”

Jihyo’s lips turned into a straight line, before letting out a deep sigh. She pointed to the departure gate.

“She just went inside.”

Her eyes widen, her legs automatically lead her to the gate. She searched for a tall stature, anything that resembled Tzuyu. Desperate to find her, Sana began shouting her name.

“TZUYU!”

She moved to another side, ignoring the weird stares she received as she frantically stood on her toes, her head poking out from the crowd of people.

“TZUYU-AH!”

She furiously wiped her eyes with her already wet sleeves, the tears making it harder for her search of the girl while her other hand is clutching the box safely close to her chest. Near to her heart.

It’s too late.

A voice said in her head.

“Tzuyu!”

She already left.

“Tzuyu-ah…”

You left her.

“No… Tzuyu, please!”

She kneeled on the floor, crying her heart out for being a tad late to claim her love back. It wasn’t fair. She didn’t get to apologize, even to say goodbye. Why would the world be cruel to her? Was it really her fault?

“Sana…”

She ignored the pleading voice of Jihyo, letting her tears fell on the shining tiles. She saw her reflection, as if it was mocking her, telling her that she didn’t deserve to cry. She was the cause, after all.

“Sana.”

“Let me be.”

She pushed Jihyo’s effort to pull her up, not wanting to be disturbed.

“Sana, look at me.”

She slowly raised her head, the remnants of tears still wet on her face. She was met with Jihyo’s tender smile who patted her head in sympathy, before pulling her into a tight hug. She let out more tears again, feeling undeserved of the comforting embrace.

“Sana-unnie.”

She caught Chaeyoung’s silent presence on Jihyo’s back. She was rubbing her nape with a deep frown as she reached out her phone to Sana.

“It’s Tzuyu.”

The girls left her side, giving Sana the private space she needed as she stared on the gadget’s screen with Tzuyu’s name displayed. She sniffled while wiping her wet eyes, putting the phone on her ear as she slowly made her way to the large window pane.

“Hey.” She croaked.

There was no response, but she can hear the subtle breathing of the caller.

“I’m sorry.”

She gulped her spit, trying to stop herself from bursting again. Her voice was gentle, just like how it was when they were fine, just like how Tzuyu is when they were together. But she knows Tzuyu was crying too. The girl might be a good actress to others, but Sana knows her very well.

“Why didn’t you give it to me?”

She didn’t know what possessed her, but the question just blurted out of .

“Why do you want to throw it away?”

“Because it’s pointless, unnie.” She heard the wavering in Tzuyu’s voice, “A piece of my heart was already embedded in that necklace, but it’s already pointless.”

Sana bit her quivering lip, not wanting to cry again in front of Tzuyu. She knows the girl would blame herself instead, and she wouldn’t be able to mend this. She needs to try; she must try to get Tzuyu back.

“I’ll keep it.”

“You don’t have t-“

“I’ll keep it, and wear it all the time, Tzuyu-ah.”

Sana took out the necklace from its box, a smile adorning her face as she brought the stone to her eye level. The sunlight was reflected on the pink stone, making it shine brightly, just like Tzuyu’s smile.

“It will take some time, but I’m going to claim your heart again. By then, I’m going to keep this piece of your heart close to mine, Tzuyu.”

She heard sniffing on the other side, prompting her to lightly giggle as she knows the girl is crying from her professed love. They stayed silent after that, like an unspoken agreement to keep each other company, letting their presence known through the sound of their own breathing and occasional sniffling. Sana had already worn the necklace, her fingers mindlessly rubbing the pendant in a loving manner; as if it was Tzuyu’s heart she was holding. She heard the flight announcement from the background, her heart getting heavy from the realization that Tzuyu’s going to leave her soon.

She heard the girl let out a deep sigh, “I need to go, unnie.”

“Promise you will wait for me?”

There was another silent for a few seconds, before she heard a deep breath. Her toothy smile appeared as she heard the firm response, landing a kiss on the pendant of her necklace to seal the promise she made to the girl.

“I promise.”

 

 


 

 

Tzuyu let out a tired sigh as she wiped her sweaty forehead, finally able to take a breather after the last customer left the place. She had just finished her exam week and is know helping full time at her family’s restaurant. The worn out place was getting more recognition after she started working there, most apparent when she had to replace a sick waiter one day and serve them. It had something to do with her looks, was what her uncle said. After knowing that, Tzuyu decided to only stick in the kitchen as the cook, despite the heat and lack of air ventilation inside. She never liked attention, even if it brings her family’s restaurant a lot fortune.

Since lunch time just ended, Tzuyu decided to fix herself something light to fill her hungry stomach, before the place will get packed again with school and college students in the evening. They still need to prepare a new set of ingredients for dinner so Tzuyu took the time she has to make her own snacks. Just as she was about to start cooking, she heard commotion coming from the front. It was mostly her mother, speaking in her broken English with loud voice that can even attract the neighbors from a few blocks away. Tzuyu decided to check when she was met with the baffled face of one of the waiters.

“What’s wrong?” She asked the poor boy who seemed love struck. He lets out a long sigh with a dreamy face, pointing to the front door with no words spoken. Tzuyu gave him a weird look before the sound of her mother’s voice caught her attention.

“Zi Yu!”

“Yes, Mother?”

“Come here! I need you out here!”

“I’m coming!”

With long strides, she made her way to the front door. She can hear her mother still babbling, probably to herself, in their mother tongue language. She lets out a snort from seeing the exasperated look of her mother, who immediately gleams in appreciation of seeing her daughter’s presence.

“What took you so long? Come here, I need your help with this beautiful lady here.”

“You’re being noisy, Mother. The neighbours are gonna complain again…”

“Just shut up and come here. I know you learn English or something, right? This lady can’t understand me, but she insisted that she knows someone here, I think. I don't know! Say something!”

She was practically being pulled to her mother’s side to be met with this lady outside the restaurant, only to have her jaw agape.

“Sana…?”

 

 

 

 

 

Sana was patiently sitting on one of the vacant table, trying to make herself comfortable despite the curious stares she received from the waiters and the old lady she met earlier. She gave them an awkward smile and a slight bow, before finding something interesting to keep their attention away. She scanned the interior of the restaurant. It was cozy and somewhat historical, like an old building of a Chinese architecture, mostly due to the shape of the dome and the red walls. She didn’t know how she did it, but she managed to trace down Tzuyu’s family restaurant on her own, thanks to Google.

She whipped her head to the tall figure approaching her table with trays on her hands, a smile unconsciously appeared on her face. She watched in wonder as Tzuyu placed the plates of food and utensils on the table while studying the girl’s feature. She looks different, more matured and, beautiful.

Sensing eyes on her, Tzuyu cleared to rid off the awkwardness and heat getting to her face. She took a seat opposite of the staring girl.

“Sorry, I didn’t have my lunch yet so if you don’t mind...?”

“It’s fine.” Sana nodded, “I haven’t eaten yet, too.”

“Oh, shoot! Where are my manners... Sorry I didn’t ask you earlier. Geez, what was I thinking…”

Sana giggled amusedly from Tzuyu’s nervous rambling and the way she rubbed her nape in embarrassment was cute. It made her heart jumped, a sensation she’s been longing since they separated.

“It’s fine, let’s just eat.” Sana gave her an assured smile, “Did you cook this?”

“Yeah, it’s not much but I hope it suits your taste.”

She didn’t miss the red hue on Tzuyu’s cheeks as the girl gestured for Sana to start eating. They began digging in their meals, both seemed to enjoy the simple but hearty food in comfortable silence. Thinking it was too quiet for them, Tzuyu began her conversation.

“How did you get here?”

Sana was surprised from the question, obviously only concentrating on stuffing herself with the food since she skipped breakfast and had been missing Tzuyu’s cooking.

“By airplane.” She said with full.

Tzuyu snorted, not expecting that kind of answer at all. Sana cheered to herself in her head for succeeding in making the tense Tzuyu to loosen up a bit.

“Seriously?”

“I am.” Sana nodded, “I just arrived from Korea this morning.”

“For real?!” Tzuyu almost yelled in surprise from the revelation, only to receive another nod.

“I actually kinda bribed Momo to tell me where you’re living right now, and planned a trip today to Taiwan to see you.”

Tzuyu slowed her chewing from the information, taking a swig of water to clean from the after taste. She was hungry before, but not anymore. She’s been bracing herself for the possible reason of Sana’s sudden appearance here, since she saw the girl at the front door of the restaurant. She dreads the question she’s about to ask, but she needs to know.

“Why are you here, Sana?”  

Sensing the seriousness in Tzuyu’s voice, Sana put down her chopsticks. She averts her gaze to her plate, taking a deep breath for courage, before keeping her gaze on Tzuyu’s apprehensive ones.

“I’m here to claim your heart again.”

The taller girl gulped, her heart starting to beat a rhythm that had long gone.

“I promised you, didn’t I?”

Sana reached out to grab Tzuyu’s hand, but the latter quickly pulled away. She clasped both hands together while avoiding Sana’s sad, longing eyes.

“Are you… sure?”

Sana can see the hesitance, of what was once a confident girl who always showered her with love, now cowering behind her own shadows of uncertainty and… hurt. Sana had really broken the girl in front of her and she wants nothing more than to mend the girl back to who she was before. The Chou Tzuyu she knows.

“I am. I’m ready to love you again, Tzuyu. No matter how long it takes.”

Tzuyu was stunned by the confession. She never thought her heart would be beating with the same warmth again, not after she had lost a piece of it to the one and only Minatozaki Sana. She studied Sana’s face for any doubt, but she found none. There was only assurance, and yearning. Tzuyu just realized by now how much she’s been missing this person in front of her.

Out of nowhere, her mother’s face popped into her view along with an awkward laughter. Her mother had bombarded her with so many questions, Tzuyu had gotten dizzy and annoyed from the intrusion of her privacy.

“Is she your friend? Why are you eating with her? Is she here to eat only or she’s asking for directions? Are you paying for her, Ziyu? I thought I told you to never be kind to strangers!”

Tzuyu glanced at the flabbergasted Sana, wide agape in confusion from seeing her mother’s incessant and non-stop talking. The poor girl couldn’t understand a thing since it was her first time to land a feet in this part of the earth.

She gestured for her mother to come closer, revealing who Sana is. The expression her mother gave was comical, Tzuyu had to put a hand on to hold her laughter. The older woman pointed again to Sana, Tzuyu nodding with a wide grin.

She almost laughed as Sana gave her a questioning look when her mother diverted her attention to the baffled girl, letting out a loud gasp as she gives Tzuyu a thumbs up. She sighed deeply in awe while shaking her head, probably mesmerized by Sana’s ethereal beauty. The same effect it had on Tzuyu the first time she laid eyes on the senior.

“So, are you gonna stay for dinner?”

Sana gave her a look, asking for help but Tzuyu only let out another giggle from the exasperated expression.

“Yeah,” Tzuyu gave an assuring smile to Sana as she replied, “She’s staying, Mother.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dinner went miraculously peaceful and out of any mishaps, probably because they don’t know how to converse properly with Sana yet. It was mainly Tzuyu who answered their questions, sometimes Sana cutting in to ask what they were asking. The latter ended up being red in embarrassment throughout the dinner; they mostly praised Tzuyu for getting a great catch, asking when’s the wedding date and telling her to get laid already. It didn’t bother Tzuyu the slightest, being used to this kind of conversation every time a family relatives would visit, but seeing Sana as the victim of the teasing this time had probably made her blush a few times.

Tzuyu excused herself after dinner, immediately being chased away by her mother to leave the work to another cook for the night and spend time with Sana instead. She should be grateful for having an understanding mother, but it was probably so that they can gossip behind her back.

“Is it really okay to leave? Won’t your mother get worried or something?”

Tzuyu gave her an assured smile while dragging Sana’s luggage by her side. “It’s fine. I usually leave the place late at night anyway.”

“Wait, you don’t live with them?”

“No, I have my own place. It’s more convenient and closer to my college.”

“Oh.” Sana paused, “So when you offered a place for me to stay the night, it means we’re going to your place instead?”

Tzuyu turned to the girl, raising an eyebrow from her surprised tone. “Yeah, why?”

Sana quickly shook her head, resuming to walk ahead while trying to hide her blushing face. It took a few seconds for Tzuyu to understand the implication of her invitation as heat risen up to her ears.

“Your cooking has improved a lot.” Sana commented, trying to change the topic.

“Really?” Tzuyu smiled as she caught up to Sana’s side, “I guess it really pays to work your off while juggling college.”

“You’ve been doing that before. It’s probably a breeze for you now that you have less to think about.”

Sana almost cursed herself for letting that slipped out of . She sneaked a glance to the taller girl, the latter seemed unaware of the hidden meaning behind Sana’s words.

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Tzuyu shrugged, “But it does get kind of lonely.”

As if it was directed to her, Sana bit her tongue. She cursed herself for not thinking first before saying her thoughts. She noticed Tzuyu slowing down to a stop as they reached a bridge decorated with colorful fairy lights. Tzuyu leaned herself forward on the guard rail, Sana mirroring her. The changing color of the fairy lights caught her attention, the sensation making the place fuzzy and warm, perfect for hanging out or just to enjoy the night air.

“It does look good on you.” Sana whipped her head to the smiling girl, “I’m happy I picked that one.”

She turned her gaze to where Tzuyu’s stare fell, her hand automatically grabs the pendant. With the luminescent of the street light, the stone had reflected its color to a bright bluish hue. Tzuyu had been eyeing it since Sana appeared, her heart soaring knowing the girl had been wearing it all this time. She might have stalked Sana’s instagram a few times before, and truth to be told, she was elated every time. It was as if Sana had purposely show the necklace when she uploads a photo, in hopes Tzuyu would see it. Unbeknown to her, that was exactly Sana’s intention.

“I never got the chance to thank you for this.”

“You should thank Momo-unnie instead for lending me the money.” Tzuyu chuckled, remembering the memory of how desperate she was with the gift that she had spent almost a week missing on her well deserved sleeps while juggling her part time job and studying for quizzes.

Sana made a deliberate pout, “Ah, your Momo-unnie again… you must have missed her a lot, huh?”

Tzuyu giggled from the cute gesture, wanting to pinch the puffy cheeks but refrained from it.

“I do.” She smiled, “But I miss you the most.”

Sana snapped her head to the smiling girl. She searched Tzuyu’s eyes for those playful glints she always gave her, but she found none. It’s just sincerity, all of it. Sana avoids Tzuyu’s sharp gaze, trying to hide her hot face behind her hair.

“That day at the airport,” Tzuyu started, staring out on the river. “I made a stupid decision. I said to myself, that I won’t fall in love again. That I would keep this remaining, imperfect heart of mine safe, locked away, and to never beat again for someone else.”

She turns to Sana who’s giving her full attention, with a sad smile. “Then, I heard your voice.”

She took a step towards the stunned girl.

“It started to beat again.”

She grabbed Sana’s cold hand.

“The same rhythm it did, when I was with you.”

She put her hand on her chest, on top of her heart.

“Exactly like this.”

Tears were running down Sana’s cheeks while Tzuyu still wear the sad smile, trying her best to convey her buried feelings.

“I was really glad I made that call,” Her other hand reached out to Sana’s cheek, wiping her tears. “Because I don’t think anyone else can make my heart complete again, except you.”

Sana burst out a giggle while sobbing loudly, she didn’t know if it was a sad one or because she’s happy. She just felt like laughing while crying because Tzuyu’s confession was bitter and sweet. It made her heart twist in pain but at the same time, beating with warmth. Like it was alive, again. 

Somehow, Tzuyu was affected too after hearing Sana’s melodious laughter, letting out her own chortle. It was ridiculous, but that’s what she loves about Sana. She’s just random like that.

They calm down for a bit, Tzuyu biting her lip with her hand still on Sana’s cheek.

“Hey.” She averts her gaze, the road seems more interesting than Sana’s alluring eyes. “Can I… hug you?”

Sana blinked a few times before a hearty giggle erupted again. Without warning, she slammed her body on Tzuyu’s tall figure, wrapping her arms tightly around the girl’s neck. Tzuyu reciprocated with a surprised whoop, her hands automatically draped around Sana’s thin waist, squeezing her body closer to rid of any space between them. Oh, how much she missed this feeling, how their bodies seemed to fit well. How with just the presence of Sana alone, can make everything feels right, again.

“Stupid Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu laughed, contentedly this time. “Your only one.”

“Yeah.” Sana closed her eyes with a hum, “My only one.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana had barely made it to her own graduation day, thanks to Mina’s car which unexpectedly had a flat tire early that morning. Thankfully Momo was still around and agreed to hitch them a ride, well, not without the common childish bantering between the raccoon and the penguin.

“You guys should just get together already, jeez!”

She was almost kicked out of the car’s window from the two offended people, before mercilessly begging for their forgiveness and promising with her own life not to ever mention that again. Once they arrived, they were met with a pissed off Jihyo already wearing her gown, tapping her foot impatiently for Mina’s arrival.

“Yah! What about us?”

“She’s the valedictorian while both of you barely managed to get above the failing marks. So, move!”

They shared hurt looks, while Mina gave them an apologetic look before running after Jihyo to their special designated place. While Sana is an average scorer in her class, Momo was worse. They don’t know how she managed to pass the senior year when she barely attended any of the class, even trying her best to purposely fail every quizzes and exams. Even the lecturers were shocked to death to find her name among the graduates this year.

“What’s holding you?”

“Huh?”

“From your initial “wonderful” plan of flunking the senior year.” Sana mocked.

She saw the subtle smile, apparent for a second before her y face appeared. “I’m worried they’ll find my face boring if I stay here any longer.”

“What?”

“You know how popular I am with the juniors.” Momo winked.

Sana scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief before they were called by the committees to prepare in line. As they were wearing their gowns and mortar, Sana saw two midgets running to their directions. She waved happily, signaling them their position. She still remembers how disappointed they were to know Sana had secretly went to Taiwan by herself, when they had actually planned to go there for the impromptu short vacation too. A surprise present for Sana’s graduation, as stated by Chaeyoung.

“Sana-unnie, congratulations!”

Dahyun greeted, receiving a bear hug from the latter, before Chaeyoung squeezed in too.

“Yah! What about me?”

“Go get one from Mina-unnie.” Chaeyoung teased, before getting a noogie on her head.

The commotion caused the midgets to be shooed away to the audience seats. Soon, the graduates were directed to their seats, waiting patiently for the event to start. Mina was the first to be called, bearing the summa laude for her achievement in both academics and school activities. The girls loudly whooped after Mina finished her short speech, giving her a standing ovation with Momo yelling “Penguin World Domination!” which prompts Mina to hide her face in her hands from annoyance.

The others soon followed, getting on the stage as their names were called in alphabetical order. Truth to be told, cheer erupted from the audience seats when Momo’s name blasted from the speaker. She gave them a cool greeting before shooting a heart bullet to the audience, earning another loud squeal from the juniors. What they didn’t know was where it was directed, which resulted in the person to be as red as tomato from anguish, mostly from embarrassment.

Sana was called next, carefully counting her steps to avoid accidentally falling on her own feet. She heaved a relieved sigh when she successfully posed with the scroll.

“MINATOZAKI SANA! I LOVE YOU!”

Sana was shocked from the confession, but maintains her smile nevertheless towards the crowd. She was flattered, but sadly, her heart already has its owner. Sana frowned as she remembers the person couldn’t make it today. She scanned the place after getting down the stage, just to try her luck in case she’s actually here, but found none. Her eyes caught a person standing at the back row with a bouquet of pink flowers hiding his face. A smile involuntarily appeared, replacing the frown as she thought of the meaning behind the flowers. He probably wanted to confess to the girl he likes in this special day.

The recipient of the flowers must have been one lucky girl.

The graduates were led to the open field for a class photoshoot and everyone happily threw their mortars up to the sky with happy laughter and shouts after the day ended. They dispersed to their own family and friends, wanting to have their own personal photo session. Sana happily waved to Mina, her parents, and, surprisngly, a flustered Momo being pulled along by Miss Myoui. She gave them a wide smile as her mind drifted back to her own who will come tomorrow due to their flight delay. Sana wonders if there will be anyone who wants to take pictures with her.

“Sana-unnie!”

Speak of the devil.

Sana happily turns to be met with the grinning duo; Dahyun and Chaeyoung walking together with their arms linked and someone else following closely on their back while holding a bouquet of pink roses…

“…Eh?

Chaeyoung and Dahyun separated with their gentleman-like bow, revealing the person hiding behind the flowers. Sana blinked a few times, wondering what pranks are they pulling this time when a familiar voice greeted her.

“A delivery for Miss Minatozaki Sana.”

Sana gasped as her eyes met Tzuyu’s gentle ones, grinning widely like an idiot while holding the huge bouquet. She presented the flowers to Sana, the latter slowly took it with teary eyes. She studied the flowers for a moment before returning her gaze to the owner of her heart, a smile instinctively formed from the unexpected view.

“You came.”

“Well, it was a surprise.”

“Yeah! Planned by us.” Chaeyoung smugly announced, “We finally did it!”

She shared high five with Dahyun, the mastermind of pranks and surprises, as always. This was probably a payback for the supposedly short vacation to Taiwan surprise, but Sana loves it anyway. She watched the dorks happily cheered by themselves, sharing the laughter. Then, her eyes caught Tzuyu staring at her silently from the side with a gentle smile. Sana raised a brow, which the latter responded with a shake of her head.  Feeling brave, Sana steps closer to the taller girl, who, upon close inspection, was actually fidgeting on her own. It was cute, and endearing. Well, Tzuyu’s appearance alone was charming in her eyes.

“Come here, you.”

Sana pulled her oblivious lover by her blazer, tiptoeing to reach her level before landing a kiss on her enticing lips. They stayed like that for a while, both savouring the euphoric sensation before Sana pulled away.

“I love you.”

Tzuyu landed another peck, a satisfied grin plastered on her face.

“I love you too.”