Chapter 6

Your shadow blocks my way

      My morning passed as usual: I woke up, washed up, dressed, had Breakfast. When I was just about to leave, I got a call. Damn, I don't want to talk to him!

-Youngjae, sorry I didn't call sooner. I have been busy. You're not too upset?

     Then he laughed at his last sentence himself.

-Why should I be upset?

-I didn't call you on time.

     Of course, I have nothing to do but to wait for his call! Very funny.

-Youngjae, are you on your way to school?-he asked.

-Youngjae, hurry up or you'll be late!-my mother shouted from the kitchen.

-Ok! Bye, mom, bye, dad!-I shouted in response and went outside.

-So you're at home?-Yongguk asked.

-What do you want again?

-Nothing.

-Why are you calling me then?

-I wanted to hear your voice.

-You've heard it, can I hang up?

-No.

     I sighed. To argue with him is generally useless.

-Let's go together to the school,-he said.

-No.

-Why?

-I go with Jongup and Daehyun.

-Hmm... Okay... Well.. Let's meet at school, Princess.

-Damn it! Bang Yong...

     ...guk. He hung up. How it's creeping me out! What a disgusting start of the day!

     After a few minutes I met my friends, and we went together to school.

-You look kind of angry, Youngjae,-Jongup said.

-Did something happen?

-It is because of this Yongguk,-I replied.

     They did not say anything. Finally, we went to school. It seems we're early. Usually, at that time, as we come on the first floor there is a lot of people. Now, there are only a couple of people. I opened my locker. Three letters fell from it, sealed with red hearts.

-Again...-I whispered.

-It is from him again, right?-Daehyun asked.

-Yes...-I replied.

I opened them. The content of the letters was the same: "I love you, Yoo Youngjae."

-So he's in love with you, after all?-Jongup asked.

     The three of us were staring at those letters.

-Or he's just kidding,-I said.

-Better to listen to your friend,-I heard a very low voice that whispered it in my ear.

     The three of us jumped in surprise. Then turned and stared at Yongguk, that is smiling at me.

-I think we're in a hurry to go to the class,-I said, took my friends and rushed to the class. Fortunately, he didn't follow us. But he sent me a message.

«I'll see you in the dining room, ♡.»

     I decided to leave it without an answer.

-Today I won't go to the dining room,-I said to my friends.

     We finally reached the place. As expected, there are only a couple of people. I shook hands with everyone and headed to my place. I pulled out the necessary things for the lesson, I got a call. Yongguk. I don't want to talk to him, so I'll send the message.

"What?"

«You didn't answer me. Will you go to the dining room?»

     Hmm...

"Yes."

I'm not going anywhere. At the break after the second lesson. Our teacher came into the classroom.

-Kids, I really have to leave. Who can give this class papers to the teacher that is on the 4th floor?

     The class was silent. The 4th floor is... Seniors' floor.. Going there is comparable to going to the resident of the monsters..

-Decide it by yourselves. Wait,who is the monitor of the class?

-Yoo Youngjae,-the whole class said quickly.

     Damn.

-Youngjae, take this,-she said, and left.

     During this time, that she stood here, she could go to that floor by herself! My class breathed a sigh of relief.

-Youngjae, respect,-said one of my classmates.

-There is nothing that he can be afraid of. He is friend of this... Of this Bang.

-We're not friends,- I replied sharply, rising from my seat.

-Already more than just friends?- he said and then laughed.

-Very funny, Jaebom,- Daehyun said, drilling his gaze.

-Youngjae, let's go together,-Jongup said.

    I just shook my head, took papers and walked out of the classroom. I slowly climbed to the top floor. The more I approache this place, the more it becomes dark. It would be better if I go there with Jongup and Daehyun. The corridor was full of students. And they all look like street gangsters. These guys stared at me, puzzled. I gulped and continued on my way. Why is it so quiet there... Finally, I reached the right class. I slowly opened the door and entered the classroom. As soon as I left the corridor, I heard these high school students began to whisper loudly...

     Hmm... Upon entering the class, I also felt like all eyes were on me. I tried not to look at them.. But I suddenly began to feel uncomfortable... I glanced at the class, while I was walking to the teacher's desk. Damn. That's why I feel so uncomfortable! Yongguk was looking at me!! He was surprised. I frowned slightly, trying as quickly as possible to complete my mission and get the hell out. I put papers down on the table.

     Then I heard someone's sobbing. I involuntarily looked in the direction of the sound. It was a boy, and Yongguk was sitting in front of him. And others were standing aroung his desk. It became clear - they bully him. My face expressed regret. I'm sorry...

     I quickly hurried to the door. Well, I was not wrong, when I was thinking that Bang Yongguk is one of these bullies.

-Youngjae.

I shuddered, my heart raced. In this dead silence his low voice sounded very intimidating. Again I involuntarily turned my head, now to the side of Yongguk. Hell, a bad habit to turn towards the sudden sound. I looked at him with slightly surprised eyes: what the hell does he want from me?! And then I quickly dumped from class and rushed to my floor, ignoring surprised looks.

     As soon as I started down the stairs, the bell rang, I speed up and quickly reached my class.

-Youngjae, is everything all right?-Jongup asked , when I entered the class.

     All my classmates looked at me.

-Yes,-I replied and headed to my place.

     Then the teacher came and began the lesson. l've been a little bit distracted these days. Dealing with this abnormal makes me to have lack of concentration. It was a history lesson. I listened carefully to the teacher.

     The lesson ended.

     All my classmates went into the dining room. Even the hallway was quiet. I was alone in this empty class, got lunch and began to eat.

     The next minute the door swung open.

-So, what's my Princess doing here all alone?

     I choked. He instantly turned around and patted me just above my chest.

-Are you all right, Youngjae?-he asked.

-Yes...-I replied, my voice was low from the coughing, so it sounded very funny.

-Thank you,-I said very quietly.

     He turned the chair that stood in front of me, and sat on it, putting on my desk his food. Then he put his arm on the desk and was holding his head... He looked at me. I got up, took my food and headed for the exit. But the door shut right in front of my nose, I tried to open it, but failed.

      Then I went to another door but it was locked too. I sighed. Be calm, Youngjae, you don't need to spend your own nerves for that idiot. I sat down on the nearest chair and began to eat.

      Yongguk also stood up and sat down in front of me. I changed my seat again and sat down on my own chair. He followed me again.

-You can run anywhere you want, Princess. But I will still be able to catch you.

     I looked at him. For sure: he is a maniac, I won't get tired of repeating it. I feel very uncomfortable when he's nearby. And the heart begins to beat faster from fear. I just continued to eat. Yongguk, too. But then he took his sticks a piece of my food and ate it. Calm down, calm down, Youngjae. I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly.

-Mmm, very tasty,-he said.-Did you cook it by yourself?

-It is my mom.

-Your mom cooks really well. And what about you? Can you cook?

-I can't...-I said.

     He smiled.

-Well,-said Yongguk,-I can cook. You have nothing to worry about.

     What?

-Nothing to worry about?-I asked, puzzled.

      What the hell?

-In our future life together, I'll be cooking.

       I choked again, but not so much. And Yongguk again patted me just above my chest.

-What kind of nonsense are you saying, Bang Yongguk!-I shouted.-What kind of "life together"?!

       He said nothing, just laughed. I rolled my eyes.

-Want to try?-he asked, handing me a piece of his food that was captured with chopsticks.-Open your mouth, say "aah"~~.

      I looked at him with poker face. This guy... Is he that tough guy that scares everyone?

-Stop it!-I said, slapping his hand.-I'm tired of it!

       Suddenly he instantly turned serious.

-I want you to try what I have cooked for you.

-I will not.

     He smiled. What a changeable mood.

-Then... I can feed you in other way?

      He put in his mouth this piece, stood up and began to approach me. His face was already pretty close.

-Hey,-I said,-what are you...

       Then I understood WHAT he wants to do. I jerk back! The chair began to fall, with me. But, Yongguk managed to catch my hand.

 -You're kind of a walking accident, Princess.

-It's all because of you!! Don't call me that!!

      I was pissed. I was about to pronounce him all the bad words that came to my mind but the door opened. Hyungwoo walked in. It seems that my entire class was waiting in the hallway.

-Sorry, but the bell has already rung, and now these students,-said the Hyungwoo.

-They can ome in,-Yongguk said.

     My class with astonishment was looking at us.

-Yongguk,-I hissed through clenched teeth,-get out.

     I realised that he was still holding my hand. I pulled free of his grasp. He turned and smiled at me. And then, took his food and left. After a couple of minutes teacher came in, ran out of breath, apologized for being late and started the lesson.

-Youngjae, are you all right?-Daehyun asked.

-Yes...

-What were you doing here alone?-asked Jongup.

-We were eating. He is really crazy.

-And we can do nothing with him...

-True enough,-I said with a sigh.

-Hey, Youngjae, do you remember that you're on duty today?-Jaebom asked.

      Daaaamn. I sighed. Today is not my day.

-Good luck, Youngjae,-Daehyun said, patting me on the shoulder.

-Whaaat? You are not going to wait me?-I asked.

-Today is my mom's birthday, so we have to get home as soon as school ends,- Jongup said.

-Do you already live together?-I asked, grinning.

-Not yet,-Daehyun replied, smiling.

     I actually wanted to make fun of them, but they are serious. The rest of the lessons passed very quickly. Time flew, bringing closer my duty in the class.

-Bye, Youngjae,-Daeup said.

-Bye...

      I waited until everyone leaves. Then I rolled up my sleeves and began to wash the board. The door that was close to me opened.

      Guess who's back. Yongguk entered the classroom, smiling widely. I sighed.

-What do you want now?

-I heard that it is your turn today,-he said, still smiling.-I was waiting for you on the first floor.

      He sat on the first desk that was behind me.

-For kidnapping me again?

      He laughed.

-Maybe...-he answered.

      Even though I was standing with my back to him, I could feel him watching me carefully. Finally, the Board was wiped clean. I turned to him.

-Can you please get out? You're bothering me.

-Do not want. But what, my presence makes your heart to beat faster?

      I sighed again. It is useless to talk to him. I took a bucket of water and went to change it. Yongguk quickly turned around and took this bucket from my hand. I SWEAR HE TOUCHED MY HAND ON PURPOSE!

-What are you doing?-I asked seriously.

-My Princess must not carry hard things.

-Will you stop calling me that!! You are so annoying! Give me the bucket!

-And you want me to call you "baby"? Now "Princess" suits you more.

-Damn!..

     With grief in half, but we were able to change the water, at the same time I got the water in the lake. Then we returned to class. I started to water the flowers.

-What can I do to help?-he asked.

-To leave.

-You're hurting me, Youngjae.

-I'm asking seriously, please go away.

-You know already that I won't leave. Are you going to continue to try to kick me out?

-Yes.

-Then I'll do something...

     I turned to him: he took the chalk and began to write something on the Board.

-Hey, wait! I just recently washed it!

      I went to him to take away the chalk. While I approached, he managed to write: "I love Youngjae ♡" I frowned and quickly wiped it away.

-Enough already...-I said.

      Then he began to write it on whole board. And I was washing it.

-Bang Yongguk, enough!-I said.

     He stopped writing, and I quickly washed the remaining.

-You are washing the board with such a serious face,-Yongguk said, looking at me.

-Because it's not funny.

-Youngjae.

     He placed his hands on either side of me on the Board. I looked at him in surprise. Then I wanted to pass under his hand, but he closed the way, and then I tried to go on the other side, but again he blocked my way.

-Youngjae, I have already told you:I'm not kidding. If I say I love you it means I love you. Don't even think that it is a joke.

      I looked at him. He looked very serious. Damn, it is a trouble.

-Youngjae?-I heard a voice from the hallway.

     Yongguk looked toward the door. I quickly moved away, so he was not able to reach me. The door opened. My old friend, Kim Seokjin, came in. He participates in dance competitions, so we didn't see each other for a while.

-Seokjin hyung!-I said happily.

     Yongguk suspiciously looked at him. Seokjin hyung wanted to come and hug me, but Yongguk grab my hand, so I took a big step back.

-Don't touch me, damn it,-I whispered, releasing my hand.

      Seokjin hyung smiled.

-And this is...-he said, pointing to Yongguk.

-Youngjae's boyfriend,-Yongguk said.

-NO! He's nobody,- I said.

     Seokjin hyung laughed and I just smiled to him. But then... Yongguk kissed me on the cheek. Kissed. Me. On. The. Cheek.

-He is just mad at me, that is why he said this. Haha,-Yongguk said to Seokjin hyung.

-Haha, Youngjae, you are on duty? Do you want me to help?

-He already has an assistant, you can go,-Yongguk said.

I hit this idiot with my elbow in the stomach.

-Thank you, Seokjin hyung, I'm almost done. What are you doing here?

-Oh, I need to meet the Director. I was just passing by and heard your voice. Well, I gotta go. See you later!-he said smiling and walked out of the classroom.

     I sighed.

-What the hell are you doing?!-I screamed on Yongguk.

-What?

-Why are you embarrassing me in front of Seokjin hyung?-I said, sliding the chair and collecting my things.

     Seokjin hyung probably felt awkward, so he left quickly... We didn't even have a time to talk.

-Why are you so sad, Princess?

-None of your business,-I answered, taking my bag.

      I was about to leave, but he caught my hand and turned me around. And then I felt his lips on mine.