Chapter 1

Your shadow blocks my way

       I looked at this empty house once again. Looking at these rooms, without furniture and other things that seemed necessary, it involuntarily made memories come to my head. Because every corner of this house holds a bit of history, a part of soul.

* * *

       What a strange habit to get up just before the alarm clock, right? It's like: you sleep peacefully, have sweet dreams, when suddenly, somehow, something makes you wake up. You look at the time with still half-closed eyes and understand that you're out in reality in 3-5 minutes before needed time.

       Well, I have this habit.

       And because of this I can't get enough sleep.

-Youngjae, get up,-my mom opens my door precisely when the clock was about to ring.

        She always comes on time: one second per second. As if specially guards outside the door and count the minutes to Wake me up at the appointed time.

-Alright, mom,-I say.

        And then she goes to cook breakfast. After a few minutes I am already washed, dressed and downstairs to eat.

-Good morning, Youngjae,-greeted my dad, still reading the Newspapers.

-Good morning, dad.

        Then I'm going to go to school: mom pat me on the head like a small child, then corrected my tie and wished me luck. And dad will smile, say something about the fact that I am not a child anymore(I agree with him) and then he will wish me luck too. This is how my weekday morning begins.

        On the way to school I meet my best friends-classmates: Jongup and Daehyun. And, as usual, they are holding hands. They are dating, by the way. All day they flirt with each other. Oh, those lovebirds.

-Hey, Youngjae,- said Daehyun.

-Hey. -Hey, Youngjae.

-Hey, Jongup.

         Further, Daehyun started to joke, to tell funny stories. And we were listening to it and laughing, but sometimes I was throwing in my comments. Here we come to school.

         Long road to school will seem short and quick, if you go with friends.

         We went to this huge building, changed shoes and headed to literature class. These three lessons flew really fast. Weird. This day is some kind of strange by itself. Don't know why I have this feeling... Oh, I'm hungry. I'm so glad it's lunch time. I went down to the dining room where I was waiting for Jongup and Daehyun. I sat down next to them, got my food and started eating. There was silence at the out table. There is nothing to tell. These three lessons we spent together, so we have already managed to discuss everything.

         Then Jongup suddenly distracted from his food. He lifted his head. -By the way, wanted to tell you,- he said. I was shocked - always silent Jongup began to tell the story! Daehyun was not surprised. Of course, they spend all days together. He talked about his weekend at grandma's, he was doing parodies. Daehyun and I laughed to tears.

          Then I got a text. I reached into the backpack for a phone while they continued the conversation. Hmm, the number is unknown. I opened SMS.

«You have a very beautiful smile...»

             I frowned, what is it?

New message.

«And when you frown, you're really cute.»

            My face took on a neutral expression. I looked around to see someone watching me. But there is nobody who's looking at me.

-Youngjae, what's wrong?-asked Daehyun.

            It was very embarrassing to show them these messages.

-No, nothing,-I put the phone back.

            Soon the lesson began.

-We'd better hurry, -said Jongup.

             We Packed our things and left. I was thinking about those messages. Ah, okay, someone decided to make a joke, I guess. Just forget about it. I was getting textbooks, but then my phone rang because of a new SMS.

«Youngjae, will you not answer me?»

                I quickly raised my head and looked at my class. None of them were holding the phone, they were all busy: Daehyun and Jongup were washing the Board, the rest are either talking or preparing for a lesson. So it's not from my class... I answered.

"Who are you?"

                 The answer came instantly.

«My name is Yongguk.»

                 So it's a guy... But I don't know a single person with the name ,,Yongguk''. Most likely, he is from the senior class. But it made me more confused, why is the guy from the senior class would text ME compliments. And anyway, how does he know my name? Where did he get my number? Maybe this person is out of his mind.

"How do you know my number?"

                   The answer came in 5 seconds, how does he text so fast?

«I know everything about you.»

                    I was shocked. Without any jokes - he's a Stalker. The bell rang, the class started. I turned my phone off and threw it in a backpack. Until the end of the school day I didn't go anywhere from my seat. I just can't get these messages out of my head. It was getting creepy.

                    Usually, after such events it seems like someone is watching you... Damn. I just got that feeling... I Think I'm paranoid. My heart is beating very fast.

-..Jae,-I heard someone's voice.-...Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae!

                      This is Daehyun. I raised my head.

-What?

-How many times do I have to call you? Are you not going home?

-Oh, I thought...

-Youngjae, is everything ok?-asked Jongup.

-...Yes... -I replied, collecting my stuff.

-Jongop, if you continue to worry about him, I will be jealous,-said Daehyun, taking his boy by the hand.

Here we go again.

-Calm down, Mr.Jung, nobody's going to steal your precious Mr.Moon. Go home, lovebirds.

-We were waiting for YOU, Jae. Come on.

                            We Packed up and walked out of the school. As soon as we came out, we heard a crash and some loud voices. We shuddered and turned to the source of the noise. Some senior students are beating the guy from my class. It was an unpleasant sight. But, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do. We don't need problems... At such moments, I always become ashamed, I mentally apologize to the person and try to go away very quickly. As soon as we were about to leave, the main guy (as I understood), looked at us. Oh, I looked him in the eye. Oh, we're in trouble. I took my friends, and we rushed toward the exit from the yard of the school. What a nightmare,we don't need problems with seniors.

-Oh, man, this is bad...-finally whispered, Daehyun, who was breathing heavily.

-And what will we do?..-asked Jongup.

-I don't know...-I said.

-The only way to saves our lives is to change the school,-said Daehyun.

                            The three of us stood in the middle of the street, each of us was silent - we didn't know what to say.

-Maybe, they just let it go for this time?-I broke the silence.

-Okay, Jongup, let's go home. Bye, Jae.

-See you tomorrow, Jongup, Daehyun.

-Bye, Youngjae.

                    A couple DaeUp went in the opposite direction, still holding hands. I don't remember how I got to the house. I unlocked the door, my house was empty, I put a jacket on the suitcase. I think I'm going crazy, I have a headache. I went up to my room. I remembered that my phone is off, but my mom can call me anytime. I my phone, laying down on the bed.

New Message.

Even if you don't open it, it will be showed on the screen.

«I'm sorry.»

                   I   frowned. Why he's sorry? I opened the phone and started to text.... But then, I stopped, it is better not to deal with him. New message.

«What are you doing?»

I have not opened this message. I need to ignore it.

«I know you read these messages.»

"What do you want from me?"

«Nothing...yet.»

               What? What does his ''yet''mean? I added this number to black list.

«Adding to the blacklist is useless. I am good at technology, so Ican send message even through this barrier.»

               Yes, he's crazy, he's crazy. How is this even possible?.. I threw the phone and buried my face in the pillow. Damn, homework. It is necessary to do. And with this thought I lay there for half an hour. My rest was interrupted by the mother. She came into the room, still dressed.

-Son, why are you lying? You feel bad?

-No, I'm resting.

-When are you going to do your homework? At Night? Come on, get up-she said and left the room.

-Okay, mom.

-Have you eaten?-I heard her voice again.

-No,- I said loudly.

                She came to my room again.

-Youngjae, what happened?

-Nothing mom, honestly, I'm just not hungry.

                She was still a few moments looking at me. But then she left.

New message.

                It is not from him, right? Please, it can't be from him again.

«Have you eaten?»

          Yes, it is from him. I read this text, but didn't open it. I'll ignore this guy.

«I know you read the message. You just gonna ignore me?»

"Leave me alone."

«I can't.»

                 I howled in anger. The door flew open.

-Now you almost scream in pain. Go to the kitchen, we will check the temperature.

-Mom, I'm healthy.

-Go.to.the.kitchen.

                I got up and went to the kitchen. Mom checked my temperature, it was normal.

-Mom, you see, I'm healthy. Just tired, - I said, getting up.

-Stop, sit down. I'll give you something to eat. She forced me to eat.                 Some time later, my dad came. Mother's attention turned to him, and I managed to escape to my room. When I did my homework, it was late. I yawned, stretched.

-Youngjae, come here, you have to eat!-shouted dad.

-But I ate recently!

-It was a long time ago!-cried the mother.

             I'll gain weight, which with so much difficulty got rid of. While we were sitting at the table, my brother, Youngwon, came to our house. He and my parents were speaking for a long, long time. I couldn't hold back a yawn. My dad looked at me with a smile.

-Youngjae, go to sleep. You have school tomorrow,-he said.

           I jumped up.

-Good night, everybody. I went to my room, got changed and went to bed. And my phone screen glowed with the message that was sent half an hour ago:

«Goodnight, Youngjae. Sweet dreams.»

           I became angry.

"Please, stop writing me messages."

           I'll Try to be polite.

«I don't want to.»

            It freaked me out. I put the phone on the nightstand and wrapped myself in the blanket. Time for bed, big day will be tomorrow, at least I had such a feeling. Unfortunately, my feeling never lies to me.