Chapter 4

Your shadow blocks my way

-What if... I love you?

     I stared at him with surprise in my eyes. For a moment it seemed like time stopped. I heard the beating of my heart. It's just wildly throbbing.

     He smiled.

-And I love you so much so I think I become crazy.

     His face was impossible to understand - he was joking or not. But this guy's smiling, so...

-Are you kidding?-I asked in a whisper, still staring at him with wondering eyes.

     But the smile instantly left his face.

-Youngjae, it seems like I'm joking?

     I opened my mouth in surprise.

-Well, how are doing without me?- the voice of Himchan hyung brought me from the trance.

     I got up from my chair, still stunned. Himchan, who had just sat down, stared at me.

-I have to go. I have some business to do... And I completely forgot about that. Then, meet you later Himchan hyung,-I said, preparing to leave.

-Today I'll go overseas, so I called you. For a long time we still can't talk. You can't stay?-Himchan hyung said sadly.

     I sat back down. I can't betray my friend. Once agreed to, and he really wanted to talk. I glanced at Yongguk sitting right in front of me. He was still watching me carefully. I was up again.

-Then I need to use the restroom,-I said.-I'll be back.

     I'm like bullet flew to the bathroom, which was right next to our table. My heart was kind of heavy because of this crazy guy. I took a deep breath, and then exhaled. You can do it, Youngjae. Just need to wait for an hour.

     Damn... I can't... This is crazy... How does Himchan know Yongguk? What do they have in common? I finally decided to go. Just wanted to open the door as I heard their conversation.

-...Guk, what have you already done?

-Nothing.

-Yeah, of course. He looks like a scared child. You better watch your behavior. I won't be able to keep him here, I had to lie. He almost left.

-Before that, he also tried, I stopped him.

-So watch yourself. You asked to arrange a meeting with him, and now you ruin everything!..

     I couldn't believe my ears. Here Himchan hyung...treacherous face. I became really angry. I came out of the bathroom, slamming the door. Yongguk, and Himchan looked up in surprise at me. I took my bag lying on my chair and rushed to the exit.

-Youngjae? Wait! Where are you going?!-shouted Himchan hyung.

     As soon as I left the café, I immediately ran towards my house. I stopped only when it was necessary to cross the road.

     Finally, the light turned green. As soon as I wanted to take a step, the road was closed by black car (by the way, very cool). I wanted to go through it by going to the left, but it blocked my way again. While I was trying to pass it, time at traffic lights ended. So I have to wait. Again. The front car window opened. I saw Yongguk. I glanced at the traffic light. The red light will burn for a long time. I hurried away from that car.

     Then, Yongguk got out of the car. He leaned on its back, with his hands in his pockets. He looked at me with an impudent grin.

-Why are you running from me?

-Where is Himchan hyung?

-I sent him home. Don't want to go out with me?

-What?-I asked, puzzled.

     I again glanced at the traffic light. I have to wait just a little bit.

-I'm asking you , will you go on a date, Yoo Youngjae?

     I stared at him with surprised eyes. As it was about to light up with green light, I took a few steps forward to be closer to the road.

-Are you agree?-he asked.

-I won't go anywhere with you, Bang Yongguk.

     Finally, the light turns green. I'm like bullet flew across the road. While I was running home, he called me. I think I should change the ringtones, to know that it's Yongguk. I had a long thought to take or not to take this call. In the end, I took because I remembered that he can come to my house if I don't answer.

-What?-I answered sharply.

-I already thought you wouldn't pick up. Was about to go home to you.

-What do you need?-I said roughly.

     At least I wanted to sound rude. But due to the fact that I was running, I was breathing hard, it sounded very pathetic. Therefore he laughed.

-Baby Jae, are you running?

-No! I am at home, lying onth bed and resting. Could you not bother me, I actually stopped to take a breath.

-I asked you out and you refused. Why? Because I don't trust you.

-Did I give a reason to you for not trusting me?

-Look, you're driving, right? So enough calling me, look at the road. I hang up.

-That's nice that you care about me, Youngjae. If you take off the ring, I will come to you. If you do not want to go out, then come on I'll take you home.

-No.

     He sighed.

-See you tomorrow, then?

-No.

     He laughed.

-See you-see you. I'll call you again, okay?

-It is not necessary.

-I'll take it for yes. Careful on the way home.

      He hung up the phone. I continued on my way. But... why do I get the feeling that someone is following me?.. Yongguk, probably left...probably... I turned around. No one was there. Even machines. Yongguk is calling.

-What do you want?

-The road that you walk on, covered in front. You should go back.

-How do you know where I'm going?-I stopped.

-Hm...

-Are you following me?-it sounded more as a fact than as a question.

-I want you to get home safely.

-Listen, Bang Yongguk, I'm already tired. Stop following me! You're a maniac. What do you want from me?!

     I turned back.

-I have already told you the reason why I do that.

-I think you...

-I love you.

     I dropped the call and ran home.

-Just in time. We just sat down at the table,-mom said, meeting me.-How was the meeting?

-Excellent..-I answered.- I'll wash my hands and come back.

     When I sat down at the table, dad the TV to watch the news. I ate, then went to my room. Since the homework was done, I can relax.

     I flopped down on the bed and the music on the phone. I'm tired... Then I remembered Himchan hyung, I did not expect from him to betray me. I slapped the pillow. He wanted to talk, LIAR.

     This Yongguk asked to arrange a meeting with me, and he agreed. Horror. And then just got off home!! That's my "friend". So I spent the night with different thoughts in my head, all thoughts converge to the fact that there is no justice in this world. I'm also pondering over the words of Yongguk.

     Well, the fact that he... Loves me... I don't know if it is the truth. I don't trust him, he looks too suspicious in my eyes. Then I got dressed and went to bed.

      I got a call from Yongguk (by the way, I have put on another melody).

-Are you still awake, Youngjae?

-Since I have answered.

-You're cold Princess.

-Hey, what Princess?

     He laughed.

-I'm calling you to say Goodnight. Good night, Youngjae.

-Are you going to do it every day?

-Yes.

     I sighed.

-Sweet dreams, baby,-he said and hang up.

     I turned the phone off, buried in the pillow and howled in anger. And then I was fast asleep - I really wanted to sleep.

     The next day at school I went along with my friends. We met at the same place. Because high school students won't bully us, yet. I opened my locker. The letter fell out of it... In the shape of a heart.

-Ohhh... He's got some fans!-said Daehyun.

     I immediately opened the letter. There with beautiful handwriting: "Yoo Youngjae, I like you. ♡" No signature.

-Secret admirers!-Jongup said and smiled.

     I just smiled at it and put the letter in the bag.

-Maybe this is from the guy who calls you?-said Jongup.

-I hope not,- I replied.

     The first three lessons passed without incidents. After that we went to the dinning room. While we were walking down the stairs, I got a message from my mother. ,,Son, today we will arrive very late. Food in the fridge." I just started typing to mom as I tripped.

     I already prepared to fall. However... I was caught.

    Jongup and Daehyun who went ahead of me, turned around and looked at me in surprise.

     I was in shock. I turned to the person who caught me. I stared at him shocked. Bang Yongguk. I saw his smiling face. He held me gently by my waist. I immediately regained balance, stood up. I quickly got away from him.

-Be careful, Youngjae,-he said.

     I stuck to the wall, looking suspiciously at him. Then began to go down to my friends. But he still was smiling.

-Thank you,- I said quickly.

     I took DaeUp, and we rushed into the dinning room.

-Do you know him?-asked Daehyun.

-It's that Yongguk,- I replied quickly.

     When we came into the dinning room, we immediately headed to our table. Got the food and started eating. Everyone started to make noises because of something. We decided not to pay attention, and just continue eating.

-Oh,-said Jongup.

     I have raised my head, he was looking at someone. Then someone sat down right in front of me at our table.

     It. Was. Yongguk. Again. He sat down with his tray of food, then leaned back in his chair and folded his arms on his chest. He was looking at me.

-Youngjae.

     I slowly raised my head.

-Did you get my confession letter?