First Encounter

Don't Leave me

I ran as fast as I could out of the school building. My hands trembled, my feet ached, and I was out of breath, but I paid no attention to the pain. Only the thought of what had just occurred occupied my mind. 

“White Rose…” I whispered, not believing the words that came out of my mouth. It was outrageous, even to someone like me. I knew it was impossible, it had to be a dream. A friend with the most popular boys at school? To stand right next to them in the halls? Hell no. 

I had planned on rushing home at this rate but was stopped by a sound on my left. 

Turning towards the direction of where the sound was coming from, I saw a cat stuck in a tree. It was a dirty brown color with a bloody front leg. Judging by its looks, I could tell that the cat was a female. It continued to purr in pain as it tried to its wounds. Petrified, it stood there, not knowing how to come down.

At the sight of the poor condition of the cat, I couldn’t help but feel concerned and worried. Cats were my life. I really loved cats, more than any other animal in the world. It pained me to see it in so much pain. I knew I had to rescue the cat at all costs. 

As I stood at the foot of the tree, I decided on how to climb. I didn’t want anything to get dirty so I decided to take everything off. I took off my longverse high and my skirt to reveal short pants underneath. I set my blue jacket to the side and took off my ribbon. I began to climb the tree little by little. The bark gave me small cuts as I continued going up, desperately telling me to give up multiple times. 

This is stupid… What am I doing right now… I hated myself for pitying the cat and I hated the tree for being so hard to climb. 

At last I had reached the top of the tree with the small cat. When she noticed me, she retreated. She hissed in caution but soon winced in pain from her bloody leg. 

“What to do…” As I lay on the tree branch pondering. I knew that I shouldn’t endanger myself but I felt the need to rescue this cat. I sat there, looking as if I was pondering between life or death. 

 Suddenly an article that I read in America replayed in my mind. “Anybody who rejects the injured would be cruel and inhumane. Those who save are those rewarded.” 

I sighed. If life really was like what the article had said, I was left with no choice. I had gone this far, I might as well go till the end.

 With strong determination and a devoted mindset, I decided to go further. 

Being careful not to put too much weight on the branch, I slid forward towards the cat. 

“Cmon Kitty.” I whispered softly as I reached out my hand. “I’m not here to hurt you.” 

At first, the cat was fully cautious. She hissed, her hair sticking up on all ends. 

The atmosphere was tense and neither side backed down. I stared at the cat with determination in my eyes. Eventually she was forced to give up. Slowly, she made her way towards me. The moment I had climbed the tree, she had lost. 

I inched closer, this time with a bit more confidence. Slowly but surely, the distance between us was starting to close. The cat was only a couple inches away from my hand now and I could feel myself grin. The accomplishment of saving this cat had filled me with joy. 

Suddenly a soccer ball rushed towards the tree at full force. As soon as the ball hit the tree, it trembled and shook with such force that it shocked both of us. The cat, who had absorbed more of the shock, lost its balance and started falling towards the ground. 

As if everything was in slow motion, I could see the cat slowly falling towards the ground. Without any hesitation, I leaped after the cat.

I caught it mid air before realizing how bad of a decision that was as I felt wind rushing past my ears. Stupid, stupid, stupid of me! What was I thinking?! With the cat in my hands, I prepared myself for the fall. I closed my eyes, knowing that it would hurt. 

After a couple of seconds I realized my body hadn’t touched the ground. I was met with warmth, and a strong but familiar body.

“Are you ok?” the person who caught me asked, his eyes filled with concern. My eyes widened as I realized who my savior was. I could only stare at him in shock and confusion. 

“You… “What are you doing here?” 

V pov

After she suddenly ran out, I subconsciously chased after her. I feared that I had made a mistake doing things the way I thought was right. Turning the corner, I saw her disappear through the next corner of the hall. I ran towards her only to be stopped by a bunch of fangirls. 

“Kyaa I’m such a big fan!” one girl squealed, her ponytail swishing back and forth. 

“Pls take these cookies!” another girl pleaded, shoving the cookies in my face. 

Never before had I ever felt so irritated. It wasn’t until now that for once, I didn’t like my popularity. I felt the urge to push them away and yell at them to move. However, not wanting to be rude I calmly accepted their gifts and held back my emotions. I had a reputation to own up to after all. 

The moment I was freed, I ran out of the school. 

“Where is she…” I mumbled to myself, my eyes scanning the school grounds for her figure. 

Just as I was about to exit the school, I saw a figure in the tree next to the soccer field. Finding that odd, I looked closer and saw her on the tree branch. She reached her hand out to what looked like a cat. What the hell is she doing there?! I immediately rushed over, knowing she was in danger. As I ran, a soccer ball hit the tree, shaking the tree with such a strong force that it had knocked her out of the tree, towards the concrete. 

“50 ft. 40, 30, 20, 10...” Speeding up, I could see her perfectly clear now. 

I leaped, ready to catch her in my arms. 

Hmmmm I wonder who caught her? *Wink wink* This is a very short chapter. Sorry bout that! I hope you continue reading my fanfic! Thank you for all the support. Please leave some comments, anything at all. The story will definitely get more cheesier, but it will go deep so please look forward to it!