CH 2: LETS GET SERIOUS

Fake Enough To Be Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CH 2: LETS GET SERIOUS 

[ Point of View of Park Sandara ]

          “We just have to complete the video shoot. We’re right on track.” Jiyong smiled at himself proudly, probably due to the fact that everything in his schedule was running so smoothly. The preview of his fashion line starts in half a month. Billboards and television sets will be filled with us modeling the clothes he worked so hard on to design past year. After the blast of advertisement, his online shop will be up and running for pre-orders. His physical store will then be ready a month after. As much as I am glad that my skills are finally good enough to pass Jiyong’s ever high standards, my mind was still occupied by the intense pain I felt in my chest during every waking hour. My mind can’t seem to forget the memories I have made with Donghae the past two years. It doesn’t help that his face always seems to pop up in all my social media one way or another. Trying to avoid someone who is quite popular as well has been such a frustrating experience. I am just lucky that Jiyong’s project allows me to forget about it even for just a couple hours. But that doesn’t mean that I still agree to his confiscated phone policy during work. If he can have his phone during the shoot, I should be allowed to have mine, don’t you think? Abuse of power, I swear.

            “I really hope this grieving phase ends soon. I haven’t enjoyed food as much as I did before for four months now.” I cried as I took another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. “Said the woman who has devoured two scoops of ice cream in five minutes” I hear him chuckle, shaking his head as he takes another spoon of his as well.

            “Excuse me, Kwon Jiyong. I haven’t been eating as much as I have been, you know? Everything reminds me of him.”

            “Mm, doesn’t look like it. We have been eating out after every single shoot or meeting and you still eat the same amount as before. You don’t even stop to chew your food, Dara.” A handsome grin forms on his lips which I could only roll my eyes at. I puff my cheeks worriedly, my chin resting on the palm of my hand as I contemplate on what Donghae might be doing at this very moment. My eyes dart to the silent phone placed on the side of my ice cream bowl and let out another sigh. It used to ring constantly from his calls and text messages but now it remains still. Another reminder for me that he has left me behind, forgetting everything that we had.

            “Aye, how can you still be in your grieving phase? You just had a shoot with me. People would kill to get so intimate with me but here you are. You must have saved the whole world during your past life to get this lucky.” He joked, a snicker heard from his lips as he stole a glance from me.

- Flashback -

          Today was dedicated to the the team-up shoot for DOLCE VITA, Jiyong’s first fashion line. The whole theme of his campaign was young, dangerous and carefree love. He would be the model for the men’s wear while I am in charge of the women’s wear. Right before the shoot he already warned me that it might be a bit intimate, slight skinship. But he assured me that it was all professional work. Jiyong was a perfectionist, what he wants he will make sure he will get. There was no doubt that he would do what it would take to convey the theme of his line in a few images and videos. And did this not bother me at all. In fact, I urged him to do whatever he needed in order to let the same emotions spill from my body as well. Although some people didn’t see our job as such, modeling was an art. It isn’t easy to let the viewers understand the message we were trying to relay in just still images or few seconds of film. You needed the right body language between the models for people to respond to the image the way the artist wanted them to. As I said before, You needed chemistry. Even a split second of spark was enough to produce a beautiful and powerful image. And I knew that with Jiyong’s guidance, we could attain even more than what he wanted for his campaign.

         Nothing could be heard in the room but the multiple soft clicks from the camera the photographer was holding. The make-up artists and assistants stood around the set; their eyes never leaving the scene in the middle of the room. It all started very tame; the poses we did were usual and safe. His arm was draped around my shoulder while I leaned my head on his, our expressions fierce. Our hips barely touched as we tried to work with eachother but it just wasn’t going right. Nothing was falling into place, the images just looked posed for and awkward. I could see his disappointment, multiple sighs leaving his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter