CH 3: MORNING MESSAGES

Fake Enough To Be Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 3: MORNING MESSAGES

[ Point of View of Kwon Jiyong ]

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

         The phone vibration made an unpleasant sound against the wood finish of my bedside table. My hand instinctively reached for the closest pillow it could find to cover my head and block me from the noise. After a few more rings, the damn thing finally took a rest and died down. Thinking that the suffering has ended, I brought the pillow down to my chest to embrace it. Finally, I can go back to sleep without any disturba-

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

         I let out a rather loud groan as the phone ringing interrupts my rest once again. A curse was muttered under my breath while my eyes get blinded by the brightness of the room as soon as I open them. The cool white sheets of my bed slid against my skin as I moved my body to sit up and press my back against the headboard. My hand immediately runs through my hair in attempt to make it look decent before taking the phone off the table. My finger slides against the screen and is welcomed by two messages from a single person. A smile on my face automatically forms as I read the texts.

 

[8:30] FR: Park Dara

 

Good morning, Kwon Jiyong! This is your daily text from your favorite noona! Hope you have an amazing day today! Byoong~

 

[8:33] FR: Park Dara

Yah! Why aren’t you replying to me? I sent you such a nice text. It’s the least you can do.           

 

            I don’t even know why I bothered asking myself who was texting me at this time. Dara was the only person I knew who was already awake and incredibly energetic at 8 AM in the morning. There was no doubt she was a morning person. I just wished she didn’t have to drag me along with it. Ever since we’ve been working closely together for Dolce Vita, I have been receiving texts from her every morning. There was nothing bad about it. In fact, my days have been slightly better ever since I’ve been waking up to these texts. But most of my days usually start in the afternoon and there are no plans of that changing. My phone vibrates in my hand as I receive another text from her.

 

[8:40] FR: Park Dara

I’m sorry. I think I overreacted slightly. You’re probably not awake yet. ^^; Text me when you wake up, arasso?

 

            A chuckle is heard from me as I shake my head from the adorable antics of this old lady. How can she be 32 years old and still be so pure? It seems like all the negativity in the world just refused to touch her. Despite everything that has been thrown at her, she still chooses to be so genuine and good. It amazes me how she can remain the same although out the years I have known her. Although we do bicker quite a lot, she is still one of the people that intrigues me the most. I immediately reply back to her message, afraid that I might get into a worse text blast from her if I don’t respond.

 

[8:44] TO: Park Dara

You woke me up again today. Hope you feel good about yourself.

 

         I take my phone with me to the kitchen and place it on the dining table. First thing on my agenda? Lounge around at home for an hour or two. As everyone expects, my life gets a little bit hectic and crazy as soon as I take a step out of this haven of mine. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. My life is everything I wanted it to be,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter