CH 1: LOVED OR LOVE?

Fake Enough To Be Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
          CH 1: LOVED OR LOVE?   

         [ Point of View of Sandara Park ]

          White blank walls surrounded me, camera flashes blinded my eyes, make-up powder floated gracefully in the air and racks of clothing littered the room. It was the environment I have grown accustomed to and have learned to love. Modeling was all about two things: Calculations and Chemistry.

           You needed to know your body well, every curve and every edge. This was crucial when calculating how to masterfully pose in front of the camera. How many inches does my head have to tilt down to look good with this position of my body? Do I look directly at the camera or look a few meters away? It takes a while for one to know her body well enough to answer those questions before the photographer takes another picture. Models couldn’t think twice or be unsure of one’s facial expression and body movements. That half second of doubt would be seen in the image like a muddy footprint on white-tiled floor.

           Chemistry, on the other hand, was what you have with many of the factors in the room. Your current state had to match well with the clothes on your body, the music playing in the background, the photographer and the theme of the shoot. Being in sync with all of these factors allowed you to convey the look and the feel clearly through your facial expression and positions. If these two aspects were both in check, the images produced would be nothing short of magic. Fortunately, I wasn’t a beginner. Being in multiple shoots for a handful of well-known brands and magazines, another one shouldn’t even bother me.

           “Dara, can you put a bit of effort in this? No one’s going to buy my clothes if you look like you’re suffering because of them.” A man with blonde hair yells at me as he looks at the images on the screen, clearly unimpressed. “Use your eyes and your body to show the clothing.”

           I puffed my cheeks quickly as I hear the disappointment in his tone but immediately took his suggestions and kept it in mind for my next poses. As I said before, I shouldn’t even be bothered. Unfortunately, Jiyong has been pressuring me these past couple of months already. Every time he sees me it’s always: “Dara, if your pictures for my first fashion line don’t turn out well, the girls wear might just completely fail. Don’t it up, arasso?” or “The girls’ section of my whole fashion line relies on you. Its success is all based on you.” That’s right, ladies and gentlemen. I, Sandara Park, am the the model of the women’s wear of the first fashion line of Kwon Jiyong. He is also known as G-dragon, global superstar and fashionista, leader of the greatest boy band yet and perfectionist from hell. If only I knew he would be so damn hard to please, I wouldn’t have accepted the stupid deal anyways. Let’s get this straight, I did not want to be the model of his clothing line. Yes, I knew that there would be lots of perks to it and I would have more job offers after I did it but those weren’t really the reason why I finally agreed to it. To help you understand, let’s go back to a couple of months ago.

- flashback - 

           My fingers held the cool metal chopsticks as I stirred my ramen carelessly. The side dishes that occupied the rest of my tray has been left untouched much like my phone that has been constantly ringing since I sat here. I let out another sigh, just one of the multiple ones I let slip this past hour.  It wasn’t like me to disrespect food by not consuming it as soon as I reached the table. I was the type of person that couldn’t wait to eat my hot meal even if it meant that I would have a burnt tongue because of this. Food was one of the things I loved most about life; Right after Career, family and friends. But it seemed like food wasn’t important at the moment and it did not grab my interest at all. My mind was occupied by the events that unfolded just a few days ago. It played on an endless loop which caused me to fall deeper into the never ending pit of sadness and disappointment. Lee Donghae, my boyfriend of two years, has broken up with me.

           He said it was because of his future schedules. He knew that it would eventually lead up to it anyways since he wouldn’t have enough time for me. “Its for the best”, he says, “He knows me well. I would end up even more broken if I didn’t do it earlier.” Funny, we’ve been dating for two years and yet he still thinks of me this way. He didn’t know me. If he knew me, he would have known that I would have come up of ways to see him atleast once a week. That I would do my best to show my support and love for him even if we weren’t together. He would have known that I would have fought for it. A sniffle from me interrupts the stillness of the YG cafeteria. I have been trying so hard to convince myself that it was all a dream; that I would wake up and find myself in his arms once again. But that wasn’t going to happen soon or ever again.

           I must have been so deep into my thoughts that I didn’t notice Jiyong enter the room. In fact, I didn’t even acknowledge his presence until he dropped his tray on the table and slipped unto the seat beside me. I couldn’t help but curse as my eyes searched for the cause of the commotion. Low and behold, they brought me to an im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter