Impression of Momo

A fanboy ongoing diary that is being written Once after thinking Twice
Please log in to read the full chapter

 I stiil have sweaty hands when I am typing fast and trying to focus on my train of thoughts. Last night was somewhat wavy for me because after posting the first chapter I sticked to my unfinished schedule until I was completely done with it. When I turned in it was already past one AM. And the new experience of writing a story online was tentalizing my nerves even after 2 hours of me typing. I didn't expect this surge of emotions and inspirations that occured at the wrong time. So when I gradually fell into sleep it was almost four in the morning. A lesson has been taught and perceived well now.

   So in the member teaser video of Nayeon, JYP Entertainment again indicated their flair in selecting a visually stunning member in their new girl groups, which would be debuted six years after Miss A. In the first 10 seconds of Nayeon's teaser, her vibrancy, charming personality, liveliness, positivity, along with the visual, has been delievered quite successfully to all the audience. But this wasn't enough. Nowadays kpop is filled with tons of amounts of beautiful girls. So simply establishing to the netizens that "look, our new girl group members just look fantastic and staggering" is far from uncontrollably interesting at the first sight of a old timer fan of kpop, someone like me.

  What really caught my attention was the female zombie abruptly shown up when Nayeon bent her waist to clean the moisture on her face with faucet water. Honestly, I am a valiant, daring person, indeed. Sometimes during those lonely, dark, tranquil nights, I usually stood alone in a very meandering corridor in order to quench my flustering mind and brain. The shadow of the curtains draping down, the bleak and shrill of the wind blasting the windows, the flickering dim light at the end of the corridor and the wispy image of imaginary phantoms, is a perfectly palatable dish for me. They make me feel sleepy. But this time, in a video of a beautiful belle in the JYP girl group teaser video, a sudden appearance of a zombie really could be disturbing. At least I was shocked for one instant, and I knew my mouth was gonna pop some F words.

  But the trick of immediate switch in storytelling really work. Before watching this video, I probably have seen more than one hundrea music videos from other kpop groups. Nothing similiar to this theme has ever come to the thought of me. First time impression, is always as the saying goes, important, vital.

  Thanks to my roommate, my best friend in college, and whose major is film makiing, tirelessly taught me of all the elements those big name film directors used to lure the audience into their movies. A sudden transition in the genre of the story flow always work. Now I already felt that JYP Entertainment has a excellent group of scriptwriters and they cooperated well with the MV director. This video is catchy, to a old fan who almost watched all above-eight-points IMDB movies. This is a good threshold, a good signal for the whole team. Combining zombie, terror, the sense of apocalypse with the dancing and singing perfomance of kpop, is a daring trial. From the first teaser MV shooting, I made the prediction that Twice first official MV will get tons of views.

  And I certain

Please log in to read the full chapter