Extra

I open at the Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Open your eyes and look around yourself - there's beauty in life, no matter what you're going through.
 

“Hyung, come on. Open the door.” Woohyun pleaded for the nth time.

“No! I’m staying here.”

“I told you I was just joking, there’s no need to lock up yourself in the bathroom.”

“Oh really? Because that joke totally felt natural. Don’t mess with me, I know there’s a ghost out there! You started talking to it the second we walked in!” Honestly, Sunggyu wanted to come out as well. Woohyun was about to stay over and they had better things to do than this, but right after he took off his shoes, chills ran down Sunggyu’s spine and then Woohyun suddenly started talking to someone. It was obvious that there was a ghost in the apartment, so Sunggyu was determined to stay in the bathroom until the supernatural creature went away. After dating Woohyun for a few months, Sunggyu learnt some of the signs, which indicated that there was a ghost around – sometimes the lights flickered or wind appeared out of nowhere, the temperature suddenly changed to a lower one and Woohyun usually looked around, as if he was looking for someone. Sunggyu couldn’t see the ghosts, but he could still feel that they were around, even if Woohyun didn’t speak to them.

“I swear, it’s just the two of us. There’s no one else here.”

“Are you sure?”

Sunggyu’s voice sounded a bit closer now, which meant he was at the door, probably wondering if he should open it or not. “Yes, Hyung.”

Sunggyu unlocked the door and slightly cracked it open. “Then why was it so cold in the hallway?”

“You forgot to close the window again. It’s warm during the day, but you know it gets quite chilly at night. I already closed the window, so the temperature in the apartment is back to normal.”

Woohyun’s explanation was rather convincing, it was exams time and Sunggyu stayed up often to prepare the papers or check the tests, which had already passed. He was rather absent-minded these days and forgot to turn off the boiler or close the window, small things like that. “I see.” Sunggyu finally opened the door and walked out. He was greeted by Woohyun’s smiling face and his spread arms. “What now?” Sunggyu asked, as he studied the younger’s overjoyed expression.

“Hug, hug.” Woohyun chanted, as his grin got even bigger.

“You couldn’t wait any longer, huh?” Sunggyu chuckled, as he dived into the hug, wrapping his arms around Woohyun’s waist. “So warm.” He muttered under his breath and Woohyun his back.

“Hyung, do you dislike ghosts? Or maybe you’re scared of them?” Woohyun asked in concern. He was glad that Sunggyu accepted him for who he was – an odd person with the strange ability to see ghosts. But sometimes Sunggyu would go to another room and refuse to get out until Woohyun dealt with the ghost in his apartment. Sunggyu didn’t seem to have that problem while they were outside, so the younger couldn’t stop wondering why Sunggyu behaved like that when Woohyun came over to his place, which was quite often these days.

“What are you saying? Of course, I’m not scared of them.” Sunggyu denied the statement right away.

“Then what is it?”

Sunggyu broke the hug and Woohyun almost whined, because it didn’t last as long as he hoped it would. “I’m really proud of you – that you’re trying to help them, so they can find peace and move on and I can see that doing this, makes you happy as well. When we’re outside you tend to ignore them unless it’s something urgent. I’m sure you speak more often to them while you’re alone at the store or at your apartment, but…”

Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s collar and pulled him closer. The older connected their lips for barely five seconds before he pulled away. Woohyun wanted to slap himself, he was so surprised by Sunggyu’s actions, that he couldn’t even reply to the kiss properly.

“But when you come here, the ghosts should be aware of the fact that you are mine and I have no intention to share you with them. That’s why I want them to leave us alone, so we can spend some quality time together.” With that, Sunggyu walked towards the living room, leaving one very stunned Woohyun in the hallway.

Good that the wall was right behind Woohyun, he used it to support himself, because his legs almost gave in. W-what was that?? Aaah, Hyung! You can’t say something like this and just walk away! Woohyun touched his lips, rewinding the moment of the quick kiss, which Sunggyu initiated. He’s totally bad for my heart, at times my heartbeat almost stops because of him and at other times, my heart starts beating so fast that I think it’s going to explode! Woohyun slid his body down the wall and buried his face in his hands.

Kim Sunggyu, what are you doing to me? How come I fall in love with you deeper and deeper by each passing day?





Woohyun needed a few minutes to recover from Sunggyu’s attack and when he arrived in the living room, the older was sitting on the couch, watching some random tv show. Woohyun threw himself next to Sunggyu, pulling him in his embrace.

“Hyyuuuung, I love you so much!”

Sunggyu laughed at the younger’s confession and ruffled his hair with a bit of difficulty, because Woohyun was hugging him too tightly. “Yes, yes. Everybody knows that.”

“Everybody?” Woohyun questioned, as he leaned into the touch. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter