Part 4

I open at the Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week. What in the world did you say to Sunggyu?? Now he’s avoiding both of us! This time it was the ghost’s turn to nag at Woohyun.

“I didn’t say anything.”

Like I would believe that! Come on, spill the beans! It must be something serious, if he hasn’t contacted you in a week and I’m still stuck with you, because he doesn’t want to see me either!

Woohyun wasn’t an idiot, he was well aware of the fact that Howon visited Sunggyu these days. He found out 4 days ago when he woke up in the middle of the night, because he needed to use the toilet and saw that the ghost was not in his apartment. So at least, the black haired male had seen Sunggyu’s face during this past week while he didn’t. Honestly, Woohyun thought that things were going well that night. When he broke the kiss, he noticed how red Sunggyu’s face was and he believed that was a good sign, but before he could even say something, Sunggyu grabbed his bag and bolted out of the park. Hyung tends to act before thinking as well… he always runs away when something happens. Well, that’s cute too though, but I really miss him now. Sunggyu hadn’t contacted Woohyun since that day and he also didn’t come to the store, so it was clear that the older was avoiding him. “How does Hyung usually react to sudden skinship?” He asked the ghost, as he sighed, his thoughts were troubling him a lot.

What is that supposed to mean? Youuuu! You did something, didn’t you?! I knew I should have followed you that day! Agh, why did I even listen to you???

“Don’t answer to my question with a question, it’s confusing.”

Well, you firstly have to tell me what you did, so I can-

“I kissed him.” Woohyun cut in and the black haired male’s mouth opened in shock.

You did whaaat?!

“Aaah, don’t scream in my ear!” Woohyun whined and laughed at the ghost’s next actions – he started wailing his arms and tried to hit Woohyun, put his hands just passed through the human’s body. “There’s no need to get so worked up, it wasn’t even a deep kiss.”

Like I care! You still kissed him! Gosh, I knew it would come to this one day! I was certain that you wouldn’t be able to keep those naughty hands of yours away from Sunggyu!

“Heey, heey, your accusations are a bit out of hand. I didn’t do anything wrong. I just kissed the person I like, besides Hyung didn’t even push me away. It’s true that he ran away after that, but-”

Sunggyu just stood still and accepted it?

“Yeah.”

As I expected, I was right all along…

“What was that? Now you’re speaking too quiet on purpose, aren’t you??”

Seriously, what does he even see in you?

“If you have something to say, just do it! Speak clearly, so I can understand or-!” The ghost was getting on his nerves again and he did raise his voice a little, but he forgot that there was a customer in the store right now. He was reminded of that fact when one of his regulars stood in front of him with a judging expression on her face. Aah, she heard me, didn’t she??  “G-good evening Mrs. Lee, this just now… ah! It was lyrics from the latest pop song, which came out a few days ago! Everybody has been talking about! Youngsters really like it, you have heard of it, right??” Wow, I’m getting better at this! I came up with a lie right away!

“Woohyun-ah.” The woman began, as she adjusted her glasses. “I’m a 75 year old woman, how am I supposed to know what kind of music, kids listen to nowadays? Besides, I told you that my TV broke down last week, so I have been living in complete silence since then.”

D-damn it, I forgot about that.

Gosh, you’re so dumb.





It was only 10th of December, but it was already snowing. At least it wasn’t that cold, but Woohyun still shivered, as he walked through the park. He thought about going home right away after work, but he saw the park and his feet just walked towards it. He sat on the bench where he had kissed Sunggyu a week ago and leaned back. Sighs left his lips again, and he closed his eyes. He could feel that all the snowflakes, which fell on his face melted right away, because of his body temperature. But after sitting in the park for over 10 minutes, his whole coat and hair were covered in snow.

You will catch a cold.

“What do you care?” Woohyun asked nonchalantly, as he opened his eyes and looked at the ghost who was sitting next to him.

I don’t, but Sunggyu does.

“Yeah, right. He cares so much about me, that he’s been avoiding me for a whole week.”

I thought that Sunggyu is rather clueless when it comes to love, but you’re even worse.

Woohyun frowned, because he felt like the ghost was making fun of him again. “You’ve been saying weird stuff today, in the store and here again. Say what you’ve got to say and stop annoying me.”

Howon never thought he would be the one to tell Woohyun these things, but the other looked so pitiful at the moment and he had seen Sunggyu’s condition as well, when he visited his apartment at night. Sunggyu stayed up late and he rarely did that, it was only when he couldn’t fall asleep and that was when something was troubling him, a lot. Howon wanted to believe that he was partly responsible for this, because that meant Sunggyu thought about him, but he knew that someone else had occupied the other’s thoughts. You know, ever since I died quite a few people made passes at Sunggyu. I don’t know if he was oblivious that people were hitting on him or he simply decided to ignore them. My point is - he was never interested in anyone. That is… until he met you.

“Me? What are you talking about?”

You must think that Sunggyu first met you at the store, but that’s not true. He met you week before that when-

“You’re lying to me, aren’t you? That doesn’t make sense. We met at the store.”

Stop interrupting me and listen to the whole story, will you?!

“Fine, fine.”

Sunggyu was about to meet with a friend of his, someone who studies at you university. His friend was being late, so Sunggyu decided to walk around the campus. He was aimlessly wandering around, when he heard loud cheers from the field, so he walked towards it. There was a football match and Sunggyu is totally not into sports, so I thought he would just walk away, but he stood there and watched. He started smiling and I wondered what was wrong with him, but then I followed his eyes, he was intensely observing somebody’s every move on the field and that someone was you.

M-me? Woohyun thought about it and he remembered that he indeed participated in a friendly match against another university football team around that time. There was no way Howon could know that, if he wasn’t there and he followed Sunggyu all the time, which meant that the older was at the campus too.

His friend called him and asked him where he was. He arrived a few minutes later and said he was hungry, but Sunggyu said he wanted to watch the game until the end. You managed to score a goal in the last minute and your team won the match. Sunggyu started clapping like a seal, smiling from ear to ear, I hadn’t seen him that excited in a long time. He asked his friend if he knew your name and he actually did. After that Sunggyu was dragged to eat lunch, but he received a vital piece of information – that you were working in a convenience store somewhere around the university.

H-hyung watched me play and even asked for my name??

I thought it was strange… that on the next day after work, he didn’t go straight home from work, but entered a store in the area of your university. He looked at the person behind the counter, but he was disappointed, it was like he was looking for someone. He walked into a different store after work, every day with the hope in his eyes, but he was let down every time. On his 4th try, I made the connection – the way he was looking at you on the field, the fact that he wanted to watch the game until the end and even asked for your name, then the information that you worked around here. It was obvious now – he was looking for you.

“Why would Hyung look for me?”

Howon glared at Woohyun, because of the question.

Do I need to spell it out for you, ?!

Rude, rude.

Sunggyu probably fell in love with you at first sight or something, ugh!

“Hahaha, what a joke! I am the one who fell for Hyung right away. You’re trying to get my hopes up right now, you’re just trying to trick me!”

Do I look like I would joke about that?! This is why I dislike you so much! I couldn’t believe that Sunggyu was finally interested in someone, why did it have to be someone like you??

“What’s wrong with me? I’m a rather decent person.” Woohyun bragged and Howon gave him a disgusted look. “At least, I’m a lot nicer than you.” Howon didn’t reply and Woohyun felt victorious. You can’t say anything to that, huh? Howon’s words sounded too good to be true, what were the chances for two people to fall in love at first sight for each other?  Even meeting someone else who could see ghosts suddenly sounded more possible, however Howon’s words so far were rather convincing and Woohyun wanted to hear the rest, not like he completely believed the black haired male’s words, but just in case. “So what happened after Hyung started looking for me?”

On the 8th day he finally found you. You were looking at the floor when he walked in and yet, Sunggyu still recognized you right away. But maybe he wasn’t completely ready for the meeting, because he suddenly panicked and disappeared into the store, he wasn’t looking for anything in particular to buy, so he grabbed the first things he saw – mineral water, spicy ramen and dark chocolate. Haven’t you wondered, why he always bought these 3 things?

“Well, I just thought he liked them.” Woohyun threw in casually, those 3 items indeed sparked Woohyun’s interest.

He probably thought that if he bought the the same things every day, you would notice him. He wanted to make an impression and he did, didn’t he? On the 3rd day, you finally looked up and Sunggyu found the courage to start a conversation with you. He kept coming back to the store at 6pm, that was also because he wanted you to remember him and associate him with something. If we talk about the 3 t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter