Just My Luck

Beautiful Disaster

A/N: To start of the new year I decided to post this new story... I will still be updating my other stories more frequently now that I have honestly freed my schedule. I'm hoping I can update once a week like I used to :). With that being said my other stories will be updated soon since the holiday season is now over. This story's chapters weren't written ahead of time so it will most likely be updated once I update all the others stories next chapter first. Any who I created a twitter were I will post when updates will be coming for each story, or when they will be delayed. If you want to follow my twitter great I'll follow you back but if you just want to view it for story updates that's great too. Twitter link is in my profile :) Also check out my other stories if you haven't already I will really appreciate it :)... Anyways I hope you enjoy this...

                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key laid in bed his headphones on high volume as he tried to tune out the noise coming from Jonghyun's bedroom. Six months ago when everything was going well for him he had agreed to be in a open relationship with his two year long boyfriend Jonghyun. He thought it was a good idea at the time since he himself had developed a small crush on his co-worker Woohyun. But now that he got fired he realized it was the worst mistake of his life. Why did everything had to turn out this way? he thought as he covered his face with a pillow. It hurt him to know Jonghyun was having with Taemin in the other bedroom. It's just he doesn't love him, he told himself repeatedly even though he knew it was a lie. He wanted to think Jonghyun only loved him. He wanted it to be just the two of them again but he felt like he couldn't tell him that since he was afraid that Jonghyun would choose Taemin over him. After an hour he remove his headphones and all that he could hear now was the television in the living room. Thinking Taemin had left he decided to go out and spend sometime with Jonghyun. 

"I didn't know you were home.". 

Key could tell Jonghyun was embarrassed so he decided to act like nothing happened; since he didn't want to talk about it. "I was really tired so I took a long nap.".

"I guess it must really be exhausting to be looking for a job in this economy.", Taemin said as he sat up.

Key forced a smile on his face, he hadn't realize Taemin was lying down on the couch. He know definitely wished he would have stayed in his bedroom.

"Did you have any luck today?", Taemin asked.

Key wasn't sure if Taemin was being sincere or if he was just trying to make fun of him,"Yes. As a matter of fact I have two interviews tomorrow.".

"That's great."Jonghyun smiled,"I sure they'll hire you. I mean who wouldn't your so cute.".

Taemin smiled at Key and laid his head on Jonghyun's lap,"Let's just hope you actually get the job this time.".

"I'm sure he will.",Jonghyun commented.

Key hated when they talked about his situation; acting as if he wasn't there. So he decided to immediately change the subject. "Are you planning to spend the night?".

"Yes why?", Taemin answered.

"I was just wondering since I wouldn't want to repeat what happened last time.", Key smiled,"I'm really sorry.".

"You don't need to apologized you just threw water at me. Besides I thought we both agreed to leave it in the past.", he answered.

"I know but I still feel bad about it.", he stated,"Well I'll leave you two alone I need to make a call.".

"Thank you for the dinner Kibum it was delicious.", Taemin smiled at him.

"Well it wasn't for you but I'm still really glad you enjoyed it.", Key said as he then left the living room; heading straight to his bedroom.  He sighed at he locked his bedroom door, he was now sure that Jonghyun was going to talk to him tomorrow about the way he and Taemin got along. Taemin himself had tried to get close to him but Key wasn't having it; he was in no way going to have a like Taemin suggested. He felt like Jonghyun was spending more and more time with Taemin and he hated Taemin for it. After Key picked his outfit for tomorrow's interviews he changed into something more comfortable and went straight to bed. 

The next morning when he woke up he brushed his teeth and headed towards the kitchen. "Where's Taemin?", he asked as he saw Jonghyun alone in the kitchen.

"He headed off to work earlier today, his boss called him.", he answered as he then continued to eat his cereal.

"Why didn't you wait for me to make you breakfast?", he asked. Key kinda had the feeling that Jonghyun was mad at him.

"I wanted something quick.".

"Are you mad at me?", he asked as he grabbed some cookies.

"No I know you and Taemin don't really get along.", he looked at him and smiled. "You don't have to worry about anything I can't be mad at you I love you.", he leaned over giving Key a quick kiss on the lips,"So how are things with Woohyun.".

"There is no Woohyun, I told you last month remember?".

"I'm sorry I really don't recall anything.", Jonghyun stood up placing his empty bowl in the dishwasher; as he then hugged Key from behind.

"Woohyun had a boyfriend that I didn't know about I'm just glad he is out of my life and that I didn't sleep with him.", he sighed,"He was a complete waste of time.".

"I remember now Woohyun's boyfriend was the reason you two got fired last month.".

Key freed himself from Jonghyun grasp as he then turned around,"I know but you don't have to say it like that. It almost sounds like your happy.".

"I am happy. I'm glad because I remembered and I am also glad because I get to spend more time with you now since your living here.", Jonghyun as he pulled Key closer.

He pushed him back once again,"Spend time with me? Maybe just the first week lately you been spending all your time with Taemin.".

"It's not my fault he keeps on coming over.".

"I know it's not but I know your very happy about it. I don't see you asking him to leave.".

"I'll tell him not to come over tonight so you and I can have the whole night together.", he smiled,"But please don't be mad. You and I both agreed on this.".

"Shut up you don't need to remind me about what we both agreed on. I already know.", Key poured himself a glass of milk and drank it,"Have fun at work, I'm going to go get ready.".

"Tonight I am all yours I promise.", he gave him a quick peck on the lips,"I love you.".

"I love you too.", Key placed his cup in the dishwasher as he then headed towards his bedroom. He grabbed his clothes he picked out last night as he then headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. After he got out of his shower he got dressed styled his hair and applied some cologne before he headed out of the house. When he entered his car he started to panic when he noticed his car wouldn't start. "Come on turn on please.", he talked to himself as he tried multiple times to get his car running again. He quickly got out of his car and opened the hood, he really didn't know what he was doing or what exactly he was looking for but he still tried to see if he could do something. Seeing that it was more confusing that he thought it would be he closed the hood and locked his car deciding to take the metro instead. He walked as fast as he could to the metro hoping that he wouldn't miss his first interview.

By the time he arrived where his interview was going to be he was twenty minutes late and they didn't let him in. Key felt mad and he felt like crying but he held it all in as he made his way back to the metro station knowing he only had this one last chance to get a job. When he finally arrived to his next job interview he patiently waited for his turn hoping that his prayers would be answered and that he would get a job. Unfortunately for him when it was finally his turn his streak of bad luck continued and they canceled his interview telling him to return next week. 

Feeling defeated and a bit depressed he walked to a nearby coffee shop and order himself some coffee since he didn't feel like going home yet. After he got his coffee he sat down; leaning back against the chair as he mindlessly stared at people coming in and out of the coffee shop. Everyone looked ordinary except for this one guy that had entered a minute ago. Key couldn't take his eyes off of him he was tall, handsome and was wearing a nice fitted suit that complimented his muscular physique quite well. What attracted Key to him was not his great looks, he was just curious as to why a rich looking man was carrying tons of bags while ordering four large iced coffee. Key curiosity was cut short when the handsome stranger received a call.

"You don't need to keep on calling me. I already ordered your coffee I'm about to head out.", his voice spread across the silent room as he grabbed the cup holder holding the coffee. "I just got it I'm heading out right now. Calm down.", the man said leaving his wallet behind.

 Seeing as the cashier at the coffee shop didn't noticed the wallet, Key stood up and grabbed it deciding to return it to him. He quickly exited the coffee shop looking both ways hoping he would have some luck to spot the man. To his surprise he found him walking down the street struggling with the bags and coffee. Key quickly ran up to him taking the coffee cups off his hands. "I'm sorry if I startled you. It just look like you could really use some help.".

"Thank you I really needed that.", the man smiled as they both continued walking.

"I saw you enter the coffee shop earlier.", Key commented as he reached into his pocket for the wallet,"You forgot your wallet in the counter I just wanted to return it.".

"Thank you.", the man grabbed his wallet; stopping to put it away on the inside of his suit."You're a life saver. My name is Minho by the way what's yours?", he asked as they continued walking.

Key was surprised that Minho was talking to him informally,"My name is  Kim Kibum.", he introduce himself as he did a quickly bowed.

"Well thank you so much for finding my wallet I had a check for charity in there. If it landed on the wrong hands I would have been in so much trouble.".

"I'm glad I was able to help.".

"So what do you do for a living?", Minho asked.

"Unfortunately I am currently unemployed.", he answered a bit embarrassed.

"That's great!", Minho smiled as he stopped walking."Don't get me wrong I'm not happy about your misfortune. Before you get mad how would you like a job.".

"Is this some kind of joke?", Key felt a bit insulted and confused.

"No this isn't a joke at all. You see I'm a manager to this author and CEO of a company. I book his appearances, I sometimes go to meetings for him. Needless to say I manage almost every aspect of his business life. Well the things he doesn't want to take care of.", he stated,"Unfortunately for me this morning his personal assistant quit and I'm now I have to be taking care of everything in his personal life as well. Clearly I'm exhausted and I can't do both. I need someone I can trust, how would you like to be his personal assistant? The job pays really well you'll be making four times the minimum wage.".

"Really?", Key was in complete shocked at what he was offered. "I'll loved to take the job.", he smiled.

"Great the car is just ahead.", he informed him,"I'll take you to go meet him so you can start first thing tomorrow morning.". Minho stopped walking when they arrived in front of a BMW can you rich into my right pocket and get the car keys.

"Sure.",Key said reaching into his pocket immediately grabbing the keys.

"Unlock the trunk please.".

Key nodded as he quickly unlocked the trunk and helped Minho put away the the bags in the already crowded trunk. "Wow this is a lot of stuff. Why don't we move some to the back seat.", he suggested seeing the very unorganized full trunk.

"It's already full.", he answered as he closed the trunk and unlocked the doors."Jinki wants everything he needs to be bought in the beginning of each month. So he won't be interrupted throughout the month.".

"That doesn't make any sense.", Key got in the passengers seat of the car as he then buckled his seat belt."What if he buys something he doesn't need or he doesn't get something he actually needs.".

"I know exactly what you mean but that's the way he likes things to be done. It may not make sense to us but it works for him.", Minho stated as he began to drive.

Key sighed as he began to question what in the world he got himself into. He was thankful that he got a job but at the same time he wasn't looking forward to meeting what seemed to be some spoiled rich guy."I'm really thankful for the job but why do you say you could trust me if we just met?", he asked. He was starting to think Minho was willing to hire anyone so he wouldn't have to be near this Jinki guy.

"All I had in my wallet was my credit card, license  and the charity check. You return my wallet with everything in it. Many people would haven't return it, they would have probably tried to cash in the check, use my credit card or something. You also helped me with the coffee. You are a nice person Kibum and that's the kind of people I need to work along side me and Jinki.", he stated,"Jinki is special, he is a kind, loving person that trust people easily. I can't just have anyone work near him. I don't want anyone to take advantage of him.".

Key wanted to laugh he couldn't believe was he was hearing. Minho was acting like he knew him for all his life when they just met in the streets a few minutes ago. He was starting to think Minho and this Jinki guy were too trusting and gullible. "Do you want me to get a back ground check or anything?".

"I never thought of that.", Minho laughed,"That's a good idea, we'll go do one sometime later in the week when I have time.".

This whole situation was giving Key a headache, he started to feel like he was in some kind of prank show.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you agreed to this. It took me over a month last time to get a personal assistant for him.".

"Why do his personal assistants quit?".

"They can't handle working around his schedule. The one that just quit lasted the longest. Jinki got in an argument with her because she woke him up to early. But to be completely honest with you I think she wanted to quit long ago. The whole previous  week before she quit she was complaining that Jinki was being too touchy.".

Great I have to work with a erted spoiled rich guy Key thought as he know realized why the job paid so much. Even though Key hadn't met him yet he already disliked him.

"Jinki isn't a ert or anything just that when he becomes used to having you around he starts being a bit affectionate. He likes to hug people a lot and I guess she didn't like it.", Minho stated as he stopped the car in front of this gate; typing in a code in his phone to open it.

Key was amazed at how beautiful the house was it was like one of those mansions he would see in dramas. He never actually thought he would see one in real life. "It's beautiful.".

"I know to bad it's all a waste.", Minho said as he drove the car towards the garage,"Jinki doesn't like going out much he mostly stays inside the house.".

As soon as Minho parked the car Key helped him with the bags and coffee. Once he unloaded the car he began to feel nervous, he was afraid that Jinki wouldn't like something about him and decline him as his assistant.

"Jinki can you please come down here.", Minho yelled loudly.

Key was surprised Minho didn't called a maid or Jinki's cellphone to get him to come down. 

"I want you to meet Kibum, he is going to be your assistant starting to tomorrow.", he yelled again.

As soon as Minho finished yelling his cellphone began to ring, Key assumed it was Jinki. He remained completely silent hoping he could hear something but he wasn't able to.

Minho sighed putting his phone away,"Sorry about that. Jinki said he'll meet you tomorrow morning. Well since your here let me tell you what you are going to have to do. You are going to have to wake him up every morning but make sure you don't wake him up before nine a.m. unless he tells you otherwise. You also need to have his breakfast ready when he gets out of bed he likes to eat breakfast right away. I'll make you a list of his favorite breakfast foods. You need to go grocery shopping in the beginning of every month and make sure you bring him anything else that he might need like, clothes, and miscellaneous items that he'll tell you about. I already did it for this month so you don't have to worry about it till the next. You are going to need to drive him around anywhere he wants, but that rarely happens. Basically just do whatever he tells you to do.", Minho smiled,"Do you have any questions.".

"How do I have to dress? And at what time time do I have to be here and what time can I leave?", he asked feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

"You can come to work in sweats you can dress however you like that isn't a issue. There are days you are going to be needing a suit but one of us will let you know in advance. Based on what you have to do I will probably guess that you should be here by around six or seven and you can probably go home around twelve or two a.m..", he informed him,"I know it may seem like a lot but his personal assistants usually stay to live here. That option is still open for you and I will highly recommended since this job pays hourly which means you will probably make more money that way but whichever way you want to do it is fine.".

"I rather go home.", he answered. Key didn't want to be trapped in this house all day and he wanted to be able to still see Jonghyun.

"Perfect. Just to let you know you can asked for as many vacation and sick days that you might need. Also your days off are in the weekend since I take care of him those days.".

"Then when do you rest?", Key asked a bit curious.

"I get Mondays and Tuesdays off. I wasn't suppose to work today but what can I do.", he smiled,"Okay then I'll see you here tomorrow morning, you are more than welcome to borrow the car that I was driving since I can't take you home. Jinki needs me.", he grabbed the iced coffee tray that was in the table and headed upstairs. "The keys are at the table please lock the door on your way out.", Minho yelled half way up the stairs already.

Are these two guys crazy he thought as he headed out the door; deciding not to take the car. Those two are definitely too trusting he thought as he locked the house door and headed towards the gate. He locked the gate and got himself a cab to the metro station so he could head home. He was happy that he got a job he wanted to go out with Jonghyun and celebrate. When he got home he heard music coming from Jonghyun bedroom he figured he was probably taking a bath so he decided to go inside and join him. When he went inside his bedroom he noticed Jonghyun was well dressed as he put on his shoes. "Where are you going?".

"I know I promised you we would spend the night together but Taemin got a promotion and he wanted to go out and celebrate. You are more than welcome to join us as a matter of fact Taemin really wants you there.".

"I don't want to go, you two have fun together.".

"Key please don't be mad at me, this is very important for Taemin.".

"I don't care you promised me we would be together tonight but you know what I don't care anymore go have fun with him.", Key stormed out of the room slamming the door shut.

He felt like crying when he locked himself up in his room. He loved Jonghyun he was the only person he had since his parents wanted nothing to do with him when they found out about his ual preference. 

"Kibum please open the door.", Jonghyun knocked,"I'm really sorry. You're very important to me Kibum I love you, and if you don't want me to go I'll stay.".

"Are you really going to stay?", he wiped his tears away.

"Yes I'm staying here with you.".

"I'll be right out, go to the living room I'll be there in a few minutes.", Key got off his bed and went to pick an outfit. He was happy that Jonghyun decided to stay with him instead of going with Taemin. My luck is finally changing he thought.

                                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"Why didn't you want to meet Kibum he's really nice.", Minho stated as he sat on Jinki's bed watching him work from his desk.

"I told you I am very busy today.", he grabbed one of the iced coffee from the container; taking a sip,"I need to finish this chapter by tonight, I don't want to miss my deadline.".

"I know but you could have taken a few minutes to at least greet him. I don't want him to think you're a rich jerk.".

"It doesn't matter what he thinks about me, we will both get to know each other as time passes.", he answered as he got back to work,"Minho do me a favor and put the other iced coffee in the fridge. I going to need them to pull an all nighter tonight.".

Minho grabbed the iced coffee and placed them on the mini fridge Jinki had in his bedroom. "Before I go I think you should know that Kibum is going to be working a bit differently than your other assistants.".

"What do you mean by differently.", Jinki stopped writing as he turned around to face Minho. He didn't really like change that why he hated having to change assistants frequently in reality he wished Minho was just able to handle everything.

"He won't be living here with us. He is going to be coming early in the morning and leaving around midnight.".

"What?", he pouted,"What if I need something?".

"Then you are going to have to get it yourself. I actually think is a good idea it will give you a break from work and Kibum will probably not quit like your other assistants. They all complained that they didn't like being in the house all day.".

"What's wrong with my house?".

"Nothing wrong with it. Some people don't enjoy being inside all day like you do. Imagine how boring your book would be if it all took place in one room.".

"I could easily make a book like that and I am sure  I could make it interesting.".

Minho smiled as he ruffled Onew's hair,"I'm sure you can your a genius. Well I'm heading off to bed I'll see you tomorrow.".

"Wait Minho I think you should probably hire someone else?".

"No Kibum is going to stay and that's final. I think it would do you some good if you took a break from work to do other things once in a while.".

Onew got off his desk chair and hugged Minho tightly,"You know I trust you with everything. You're like a brother to me. Please hire another assistant.".

"If you want another assistant hire one yourself.", he broke the hug,"I know your to busy with work to actually go look for one. Trust me when I say that Kibum is the right choice.

Jinki walked back to his desk,"Your right I'm to busy to go looking for an assistant myself. Are you sure you don't want to take my offer and become my assistant. You did such a wonderful job today.", he continue looking at his computer screen trying to gather some research for his book.

"I was able to help you out today because it was my day off. I wouldn't be able to do it every day its to tiring beside if I was your assistant who would help you manage your business?".

"Your right. Just ignore me I'm very tired.", he stated,"Have a goodnight and thank you for everything.".

"Goodnight.", Minho said before he left.

Onew continue to write as he drank his iced coffee trying really hard to stay awake. He hoped that Kibum his new assistant would last a bit longer than the others. He was a bit disappointed that he wasn't going to be living in his house like the previous assistants but the more he thought about it the more he realized Minho was right. He needed to take some small breaks from his work. Maybe with this change I could finally fix my sleeping pattern he thought as he decided to look at the bright side of things like he always did. 

                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for any Spelling/Grammar mistakes I probably missed a few. For updates on my stories view my twitter(link in profile). In the next chapter Key and Onew will finally meet, I know I'm Onkey trash. Any who please comment I really enjoy reading them. Also thank you for subscribing I really appreciate it. See you all in the next chapter.