#1 Her Sagging Shoulders

DK x Yuju Fics Compilation: #2 The Tricks of Familiarity

Seokmin has been together with Yuna since he forgets when.

He’s a manly guy so he doesn’t remember anniversary dates and such. Manly guys only remember their birthday and New Year day and manliest guys also remember his mother’s birthday.

Sometimes Seokmin even forgets his own birthday if Yuna doesn’t hug him from the behind and scream a happy birthday in his ear as loud as fireworks. He always forgives her because her voice is sweet and he feels grateful having her.

He’s 26 now and he’s totally a man.

He got broad shoulders. He is strong. Seokmin is now a tower of refuge for the people he holds dear to his heart and because he is manly and tends to follow the society trends on how a manly guy should behave, he believes that a man should not show his weak side to anyone and that a man doesn’t cry.

He never cries in public. Well, he cried embarassingly in his kindergarten days because you don’t call little boy a man so he allowed himself to cry. But, after all the pain and problems in his teenager days, he doesn’t cry anymore.

He gets dry eyes when watching dramas, not like Yuna who will cry just because of cheesy scenes or a news about her favourite idol fainting on stage because the idol’s famous agency is so cruel and treated their artists like slaves (Yuna told him the details). Seokmin will never cry because of fake things like dramas, fake laughs, fake smiles, fake tears, and fake faces.

Seokmin thinks people these days don’t cry because of sad thing that happens to others in front of them, they cry because handsome peoples get sad. But he never blames them, though. He also doesn’t blame Yuna because he himself doesn’t cry when that happens, just like those people.

He knows that people will never be able to understand other people’s feeling if they don’t experience it themselves. Various peoples are melancholic toward various things in life. We have a load of sympathy in our heart, little courage of empathy, and not many in our society holds antipathy.

It’s normal.

He just got to be strong for the people he holds dear to his heart. So, he can be the shoulders they can lean on. He may not cry and his teardrops are like rare pearls of the blue sea, but he doesn’t realize that his heart is very sensible. He is always strong in the place of the other people he holds dear to his heart.

He still studies for the exam even though his puppy has just died because he promised his mother to get an A.

He always let Yuna bury her face in his chest and wet his white shirt whenever she’s crying because of anything.

He holds his mother’s hands to his face when she’s lying sick on the hospital bed.

He puts fresh flowers upon his deceased father’s gravestone every month.

He listens attentively when his workmates get drunk and complaining about their lives, things at the office, unfair treatment, low incomes, or how his workmate’s life is a mess since he married his lover who turned out to be a mere stupid woman who loves to fight and his workmates always thank him because of that.

Maybe Seokmin simply transforms his tears into actions.

He’s doing it better than ever since Yuna came to his life, he becomes stronger. Yuna is his strength and vice versa. He’s doing well because he got Yuna by his side. He sometimes wonders how affection can moves people to uncountable ways, unlimited chances, of becoming better or worse day by day.

He has problems too but he never tell Yuna and Yuna never ask him because she knows it’s not his style and Seokmin will never tell her either.

Yuna always comes to his apartment every odd day at 9:00 PM. They only meet at night since they graduated from college and got a steady job. They’re both busy and can’t see each other often. Today is Wednesday so she comes. Seokmin arrives at 11:07 PM. He founds Yuna sitting in front of the TV watching drama again and laughing, still in her work suit, covered with his blanket.

“Hi! This is so funny. It feels nice watching drama after hard work.”

Here she comes. He knew it even before she tells him.

“Is that so?” asked Seokmin.

He puts his bag, removes his black tie, and folds his sleeves until the middle of his arm. Yuna thinks he’s really handsome (and y) when he’s doing that so she watches him instead of focusing on the drama. Seokmin is her most favourite and vice versa.

“But it’s more fun watching you,” she said with a grin. “Come here.”

Seokmin sits on the warm brown carpeted floor and rests his tired back on the sofa’s foot. It’s a hard day for him, too. But he still smiles for Yuna and asks Yuna in a low voice, “Are you doing well today?”

Seokmin will forget his troubles of the day in front of Yuna. He will empty his happiness for Yuna so Yuna can out her head on his shoulder comfortably. Whenever he listens to Yuna’s burdens, he feels at fault. As if it is his burdens and problems, too. He wants to do something for her and put an eternal smile on her face.

Yuna turns her head upon the question and they are looking at each other warmly despite of their weariness. Slowly Yuna’s eyes become watery and some drops fall. Seokmin just caresses her cheek gently and that makes her cry more because of he always cares.

“Today-” Yuna starts hesitantly.

She always shares her stories and always afraid she wastes Seokmin’s night which should be the time he rests.

“Who made you cry again? Who was mean to you? Tell me everything without exception,” Seokmin said and pulled Yuna to his embrace. Yuna wet his white shirt with her tears and feel the warmth of Seokmin’s body. She begins her story, troubles, problems, mistakes of the day.

“Why are you worrying? I know it’s difficult. I’m just like you.”

He hugs her through the night.

She made him forget all the hard things. Even if her story gets longer all night long, Seokmin is on her side and he will always be her resting place. She can always lean on him.

Always.

 

 

 

Author’s note: I really love hiphop team’s Lean on Me song. Especially Vernon's and S.coups' part… It made me cry. ‘Who made you cry? Who was mean to you?’ by S.coups and ‘Come to me, I know it’s so hard’ by Vernon. As if the song is talking to me and comforts me. What's best is they wrote the lyrics themselves. Hope the reader enjoy this short fanfiction.