Chapter 6

Perfect Coincidences

"I love you, Jessica."

I smiled across at the man sitting at the table with me, nothing could ruin this perfect moment. He reaches across the table and grabs my hand, my body immediately reacting to his touch. I feel my heart begin to beat faster, my palms begin to sweat. Suddenly a small velvet box appears at the table.

"Be mine?" he asks, "For all time, will you be my one and only, my moon and stars?"

My eyes tear up, this is actually happening.

"Marry me..?"

I close my eyes to savior the moment, but when I open them to give my answer, he's gone. I'm no longer sat in the little Parisian resturaunt.

I'm sat in a hospital. 

I hear a scream, whether it's my own, I can't tell.

Suddenly doctors run past me, they're shouting.

I'm now running as well.

"No!"

 

---------

 

Jessica bolted up from the bed, she was drenched in sweat. She looked around the room, trying to gather where she was. Her breathing was ragged as she griped onto the bed sheets.

"It was just a dream." 

She felt empty, it'd been a long time since her last nightmare.

As she climbed out of bed she looked at her clock, 6:30 am, still two hours before the others would wake up. 'Maybe I need a drink' she thought. As Jessica walked past the other two rooms she heard the sound of a soft snore coming from where Tiffany and Seohyun were sleeping. The door to Taeyeon's room was ajar, the light from the corridor highlighted a figure who slept on the bed. Jessica looked in at the sleeping Taeyeon, something about seeing another person sleep made Jessica smile.

After pulling herself away from the figure that slept in her guest room, Jessica made her way towards her kitchen. On her way past her lounge, she grabbed her computer and set it down on one of the kitchen counters. Jessica made herself a coffee and leant up against the counter before she started browsing the internet.

Things To Do in Liverpool

"Why did I offer to be a tour guide, I don't know what there is to do around here." She mumbled.

Jessica slowly zoned out as she read the article. She was lost in her own thoughts until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Ah!" She shouted as she span around to face Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled, her eyes smiling as well much to Jessica's ammusment.

"Sorry for startling you." She giggled.

"Don't worry about it." Jessica smiled back, she checked her phone and saw that it was only 7:15. "What are you doing up this early?" She inquired.

The other girl sighed, "I needed to go to the toilet, but I couldn't get back to sleep because of Seo's snoring."

Jessica giggled which caused Tiffany to shoot her a death stare.

"It's not that funny!" Tiffany pouted, "What are you doing up so early?"

"I had a nightmare..."

Tiffany's face fell, "Do you want to talk about it, Jessica?"

Jessica smiled at her sincerity, "I can't really remember it. Thanks anyway, Tiffany."

"Please, call me Fany." She smiled.

"Okay, Fany."

Tiffany changed the subject, "So what's the plan for today?"

Jessica gulped, "I was thinking that I could just... show you round today... maybe do a bit of shopping."

Tiffany smiled, "Okay then! Sounds like fun!"

"Once the others get up, I'll order us some breakfast." Jessica added.

"Order breakfast?"

Jessica winked, "I'm a terrible chef."

Tiffany looked confused, "You can't be that bad..."

 

---------

 

"Mmmm, what's that smell?"

"..."

"Smells like..."

"..."

"Burning?!?!"

Taeyeon quickly sat up from her mumbling. She could smell burning. She got out of bed and ran out of the room looking for the fire.

As she got to the kitchen she could see two figures stood by a smoking pan.

 

---------

 

Tiffany's jaw was on the floor. 

"How...?" She absentmindedly asked, as she looked at the eggs in the pan.

Jessica just scratched her head. "I said I was a bad cook." She said matter-of-factly.

Tiffany just shook her head as she turned to look around the room. She noticed Taeyeon, a quizzical look on her face.

"Sica was trying to make eggs."

Jessica spun around, wondering who Tiffany was talking to. Once she saw Taeyeon, she moved to stand in front of the pan.

"I said we should have ordered." She muttered sharply, so that only Tiffany could hear her.

"I agree, you are a terrible chef."

Jessica punched Tiffany's arm and the younger girl giggled.

Taeyeon still looked shocked, "So the flat isn't on fire...?"

"Not anymore!" Tiffany laughed.

Jessica raised a fist to Tiffany as she ran away from her, Jessica proceeded to chase Tiffany around the room trying to catch the other girl.

Taeyeon still stared at the pan in disbelief before moving closer to it to take a closer look. Sitting in the pan were two black lumps. "They were eggs?" She questioned. Taeyeon turned to see Jessica still chasing after Tiffany, she laughed before picking up the pan and emptying the contents of it into the bin. 'Sica' she smiled, 'those two are already becoming friends.'

 

---------

 

Once Jessica and Tiffany had stopped chasing each other the three of them sat down and discussed the day's plans. Halfway through the discussion, Seohyun came out of her and Tiffany's room.

"As everyone's up, shall we head out for breakfast? It still smells like smoke in here." Jessica suggested.

Tiffany and Taeyeon nodded their heads.

"Why does it smell like smoke?" Seohyun inquired.

Jessica and Tiffany looked at each other and started to laugh. Seohyun, still confused, looked to Taeyeon for an answer.

"Jessica tried to cook." She chuckled.

Seohyun nodded in understanding and Jessica started to blush at what Taeyeon said. Tiffany noticed, she looked at the two of them before smiling.

 

---------

 

Being the bad cook that she was, Jessica knew all of the best places to get breakfast nearby. They all made their way to a large cafe before being shown to their table.

"Have any of you ever had a full English breakfast?" Jessica asked.

The three girls shook their heads, Jessica smiled. "You guys are in for a treat."

They all ordered their food, and after a short while it was brought to the table. The three idols mouths swung open once they saw the food in front of them, Jessica couldn't help but laugh at their reactions.

"All this for a breakfast?" Seohyun asked in disbelief.

"This is so much..." Taeyeon muttered to herself. "Is this how much you would have for breakfast in America, Fany?" 

Tiffany shook her head, "American breakfasts are big... but this is something else..."

Jessica just laughed at their reactions.

"This isn't that much food." She chuckled.

Taeyeon just looked at her in disbelief.

"You guys are going to need the energy for what we're going to do today." She winked.

Seohyun, Tiffany and Taeyeon all gulped. They looked at each other, 'What have we gotten ourselves into?'