Chapter 2

Perfect Coincidences

Jessica fidgeted in her seat, she suddenly felt like someone was watching her. As she looked up from her computer saw on of the tourists who just entered the cafe looking at her. Jessica made eye contact with the other person. They looked away quickly and her jaw dropped.

"Was that...?" Jessica mumbled before taking another glance at the group.

"It can't be.... I must be imagining things..." She whispered.

 

---------

 

Taeyeon quickly turned her head away as the person at the computer made eye contact. She looked around the rest of the room before turning turning to face her companions. 

"Shall we get some food now?" Seohyun asked the others.

"You guys head up and get some, I'll save our seats"

"Thanks Fany!" smiled Taeyeon.

Once Taeyeon and Seohyun were back from the table of food, it was Tiffany's turn to get something to eat. As she walked towards the food she knocked into someone. Out of habit she apologized to the person in Korean forgetting that she was in England.

 

---------

 

"Mianhae" 

Jessica looked up at the person who knocked into her. 'Did they just speak Korean?' she thought.

"Cheonman-eyo" she replied.

 

---------

 

Tiffany stood still for a moment, she looked at the person who just replied to her.

"Yeoboseyo."

"Annyeong." replied the other person.

"You speak Korean?" Tiffany asked still speaking Korean.

"Yes I do." Jessica replied in Korean.

Tiffany continued to ask questions, "Are you Korean?"

Jessica responded, "Korean-American."

Tiffany smiled before speaking in English, "Same here."

Jessica smiled and then realized who she was speaking to. parted in awe. 'So that is who I thought it is!' she thought. Never had she thought that she would see any of her idols, but here in front of her stood Tiffany Hwang.

"I'm Jessica." she said quickly, realizing that she had been staring at Tiffany.

"Hi Jessica, I'm Tiffany." Tiffany responded, smiling politely but worrying that Jessica might have recognized her.

Jessica sensed that Tiffany was worried, she remembered that all the members of Girls' Generation were keeping a low profile.

"Nice to meet you, Tiffany." Jessica replied, making it seem like she had no idea who Tiffany was.

Hesitantly, Tiffany then asked, "Do you recognize me?"

"No I don't." Jessica replied, "Have we met before?"

Feeling relieved that Jessica didn't know who she was Tiffany smiled.

"Don't worry, my mistake." She chuckled. "So what are you doing in Liverpool?"

"Oh, I live here, you?"

"My friends and I are visiting for some time."

Jessica pondered on where to take the conversation next, she wanted to keep speaking with Tiffany so decided to ask some more question.

"How are you finding Liverpool?" She asked.

"From what I've seen it's nice, we've only just got here."

"Well if you have the time you should defiantly visit the Tate." Jessica suggested.

"Thanks, we may need to do that." Tiffany smiled back. 'She seems really nice' she thought. She then had an idea.

"Do you want to come and sit with me and my friends?" Tiffany asked.

Jessica exploded inside. 'Tiffany Hwang just asked me to sit with her!' she screamed in her head. She tried to regain her composure.

"Alright." She smiled, "Let me just pack up my computer."

"Okay, let me just grab some food and I'll meet you over there." Tiffany smiled back.

 

---------

 

Jessica couldn't believe what was happening. She had just met Tiffany Hwang and was about to sit with her and Kim Taeyeon. She glanced back at the table where they were sat and noticed the third person there. She blinked. She pinched herself when she saw who it was. She turned around quickly to hide her face from the three of them. 

Quickly Jessica pulled out her phone and looked at herself in the camera, she fixed her bangs and made sure that all of her make up looked fine. She glanced back at the table with three of her idols sat at it.

"You can do this." She chanted under her breath. "Jessica Jung, you can do this."

As she slowly started to walk towards the table Tiffany looked up at her and waved over. There were two sofa's at the table. On one sat Tiffany and Seohyun, on the other was just Taeyeon. Jessica lowered herself into the space next to Taeyeon and opposite Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled at Jessica before introducing her to the others. "This here is Seohyun, and that midget sat next to you is Taeyeon."

"Yah!" Taeyeon shouted as her cheeks flushed pink.

Jessica couldn't help but giggle at Tiffany's comment, which made Taeyeon's cheeks become an even deeper shade of pink.

"I'm not that short!" Exclaimed Taeyeon.

"You're the shortest one here!" Laughed Seohyun.

"Just because you're all abnormally tall!" Taeyeon huffed, "I bet I'm taller than Jessica!"

Tiffany and Seohyun, who were still laughing, urged Jessica to stand up next to Taeyeon. Jessica, although aprehensive, stood up. Taeyeon did the same and Tiffany burst out laughing when she saw that Jessica was taller.

"Almost Tae!" She laughed.

Taeyeon proceeded stamp her foot against the floor whilst attempting to do a aegyo pout. Their leaders attempt at being cute led to Tiffany and Seohyun falling back onto the sofa howling with laughter, although Jessica seemed to be memorized by Taeyeon's failed attempt at aegyo. 'So this is what they're like off stage' she thought.

 

---------

 

Once everyone had recomposed themselves after the spontaneous laughing fit and they apologized to the others in the cafe, they all started to talk with each other.

"Have you ever lived in Korea, Jessica?" Inquired Seohyun.

"No I haven't, I was born in California then I moved to England when I was 8." Jessica explained, she then added, "Although I intend to move to Korea in the next few months."

Tiffany then followed up, "Oh, which part of Korea are you moving to?"

"Seoul." Replied Jessica.

"We're from Seoul!" Taeyeon said excitedly.

Jessica decided to try and see what the three idols would tell them about their own lives.

"So Taeyeon, what do you do for a living?" She asked.

Taeyeon answered quickly, "I'm in the music business."

"Are you a singer?" Jessica asked, pretending to be clueless.

Tiffany locked eyes with Taeyeon and shot a death stair from her usually happy eyes. Taeyeon gulped before answering. 

"Just as an assistant."

Seohyun then tried to change the topic to relieve some of the pressure from Taeyeon.

"Do you like K-Pop, Jessica?" She asked.

Jessica thought to herself, 'They don't know that I know who they are, I might be able to have some fun here.'

"Some K-Pop." Jessica replied, "Although I only like a couple groups."

"Ooo, which ones?" Asked Tiffany.

"Well I like Big Bang, and that new group BlackPink."

"What about Girls' Generation?" Taeyeon asked, which caused both Tiffany and Seohyun to facepalm.

Taeyeon then realized what she said and began to sink into her chair at the absurdity of the question she asked. 'Pabo!' she mentally scolded herself.

Jessica sensed this was time for her to have some fun as she replied.

"I can't stand them."