Chapter 3

Perfect Coincidences

"I can't stand them."

All three of the idols jaws dropped.

"What's wrong with them...?" Tiffany asked, sadness evident in her voice.

Jessica laughed inside at their reactions.

"I just feel that their music is old and dull." She said, before she added, "They really need to come Into the New World."

"But they're one of the most popular groups in Korea." Seohyun stated.

"I just don't feel like their music is Complete." Jessica answered, "It doesn't have much Soul."

"Oh okay." Taeyeon answered sullenly 

Jessica decided that it was time to change topic as to not upset the girls too much.

"What are you three planning to do whilst in Liverpool?" Jessica inquired.

"We don't actually have much of a plan yet." Seohyun answered.

Tiffany added, "We're going to go sight seeing, but apart from that there's not much else we've planned to do."

Jessica sensed an opportunity to get even closer to the trio.

"Gee, it seems like you need some help. Do you need a tour guide?" Jessica asked.

Seohyun perked up at the mention of a tour guide and the other two seemed to consider Jessica's offer. They had to leave London so quickly that they didn't have time to properly plan what they were going to do in Liverpool.

They still hadn't found a place to stay whilst there. Lee Soo-man had told them, in their last phone call to him, that they were sorting it out but he still hadn't got back to them with any details.

Suddenly they all heard a ringing sound and Tiffany saw that it was her phone, she shot Seohyun and Taeyeon a worried glance as she headed outside to answer the call. Whilst Tiffany was outside Seohyun stood up and excused herself to go to the toilet, leaving just Jessica and Taeyeon.

"Are you sure that's okay Jessica? Being a tour guide?" Taeyeon asked.

"It'd be my pleasure." Jessica smiled.

Taeyeon didn't know why but Jessica's response made her blush but her cheeks turned a deep shade of pink. Jessica noticed this and wondered if everything was okay with Taeyeon. Before she could ask Seohyun and Tiffany came back into the room. Tiffany was looking worried as they sat back down at the table.

"We have a small problem." Tiffany said with a sullen voice.

"What is it?" Seohyun asked.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and Seohyun before sighing and answering. "The hotel booking fell through. We're going to need to find another place to stay."

Seohyun quickly looked at her watch.

"We need to go quickly!" She panicked, "It's already 5 o'clock!"

Taeyeon reached across the table and grabbed Seohyun's hand.

"Don't worry Seo, we'll sort something out." Taeyeon reassured her.

Seeing the way that the two girls acted really made Jessica believe that the Soshibond she kept seeing on TV and in the news is real. She got another idea.

"Why don't you three stay with me?"

The three girls turn to face Jessica.

"Are you sure that's okay Jessica?" Tiffany asked.

"It's no problem to me." Jessica replied.

"We wouldn't want to be a burden." Taeyeon said sincerely.

"Don't worry, I've got space." Jessica reassured Taeyeon.

"Thank you Jessica."

 

---------

 

The four of them spent the next few hours sat in the cafe talking, and it wasn't until the many clocks in the room chimed at the same time that they realized how long they had spent. It was seven o'clock and getting dark out side.

"We should head off now." Jessica suggested, "We'll order some takeout once we get back to mine."

Taeyeon's face lit up at the mention of food and Tiffany rolled her eyes at the leaders reaction.

"I'm starving!" Taeyeon exclaimed, rubbing her stomach for extra effect.

Seohyun and Jessica both giggled at the way Taeyeon was acting. Tiffany was confused though, her best friend rarely acted this way.

"There's this Indian restaurant that I'm sure you'll love." Jessica chuckled.

Taeyeon her lips. "Sounds yummy." 

 

---------

 

The girls made there way out of the cafe and back along the dock complex. As they reached the exit Jessica pointed up the shoreline towards the direction of the peir. 

"Look at that funfair over there, can you see the Merry-Go-Round?" She asked the others. 

They all looked at Jessica wondering why she'd ask such a strange question. Seohyun looked at the fair and saw that there wasn't even a Merry-Go-Round there. 'What's going on?' she questioned.

Jessica realized how stupid she sounded, 'I hope they don't catch on to what I'm doing' she thought. She'd manage to sneak in a fair few Girls' Generation song titles into their conversations without them noticing but this last one was a real stretch.

As they made there way to where Jessica parked her car she thought about how strange her day had become. She started off the day unable to think of anything to write and ended it walking three members of Girls' Generation back to her can to take them to her flat.

As Jessica rounded the corner she saw her car parked in its familiar space. She went into her bag to find her keys before opening up the doors of the car for the others. 

Taeyeon realized that it was going to be a squeeze getting into Jessica's car, it was small. Not small small but small. She made sure to run towards the front seat as so she could have to most leg room.

Tiffany watched Taeyeon run forward towards the car and pondered as to what she could be doing. Once again she questioned what was making Taeyeon behave in the way she did.

 

---------

 

The drive to Jessica's flat was not very long. As Jessica pulled her car around into an underground car park she pointed to the building that her flat was in. 

The three guests looked up at the building in awe, it was massive, even bigger than SM Entertainment back in Korea.

"Which floor is your flat on?" asked Seohyun as they started to walk towards the building after parking the car.

"Top floor." Jessica nonchalantly replied.

"Really?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah, come on I'll show you."

 

---------

 

As they stepped out of the lift Jessica walked to one of the only few doors on the floor. Once she reached the door she pulled a key card out of her bag and scanned the lock. A clicking sound was heard and the light on the lock turned green.

The flat was massive. Full length windows lined the walls, giving a commanding view over the rest of the city.

Seohyun and Taeyeon ran towards the glass and looked in awe at the view.

"This is amazing!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

"How can you live in a place like this?" Seohyun asked, shocked at the grandeur of the flat.

"I have my ways." Jessica responded with a wink.

Once they were all done admiring the view they sat down in the flats living room. Three large leather sofas were arrayed around a glass coffee table facing a TV hanging over a fireplace on the wall.

Jessica quickly grabbed a menu from the coffee table and handed it to Tiffany so that she could look through at the food on offer. Whilst Tiffany and Seohyun were looking at the menu Taeyeon looked around the room, noticing a frame on the wall of a cover of a book. Taeyeon immediately recognized the cover.

"You like 'A Public Secret'?" 

Jessica just nodded with a smile on her face, "You could say that, you?"

Taeyeon nods as she speaks, "Yeah it's really good, reading it helped a lot with my English." 

"How so?" Inquired Jessica.

"It was also available in Korean, so I read it in both language as practice."

"You read the book twice?"

"Three times actually." Smiled Taeyeon.

Jessica was impressed, "You must of really liked it then."

"I did." Taeyeon replied, "I felt like I could really connect with the characters, plus the Korean translation was really well done." 

"It was?" Jessica asked, slightly amused at the praise she was getting from Taeyeon without her knowing.

"Yeah, it would almost seem that Samuel Blake wrote the book in Korean." She mused.

Taeyeon realized that she had started to fan-girl over Samuel so she tried to change the subject.

"By the way Jessica, I don't remember asking, but what is it that you do?"

Jessica smiled, "I'm an author."