Bonus

Friend for Hire

Taeyeon saw Tiffany while she was out to have dinner with her colleagues after work. Tiffany was talking with this good-looking guy whom Taeyeon knew was her client. Although it wasn't a one-on-one dinner, it didn't sit well with the blonde when the guy placed his arm over Tiffany's chair, his arm almost touching her girlfriend's back. To Taeyeon, it felt like he was trying to mark Tiffany as his. You'll only place your hands on things you deem as yours. And she is not yours, dude.

 

She almost screamed when the guy brushed Tiffany's fringe away from her eyes with his finger, especially when her girlfriend smiled at him sweetly. She must've been blinded by anger to not see that awkwardness in Tiffany's actions. Tiffany immediately stood up and excused herself.

 

Probably to the restroom. Perfect, Taeyeon thought. She excused herself from the table and followed her girlfriend to the restroom. Just before Tiffany closed the door to her cubicle, Taeyeon stepped in and locked the door behind her. She looked at the surprised Tiffany and said nothing, crashing her lips on her girlfriend's.

 

It was a weird and awkward location to start kissing but Taeyeon did not care. She wanted Tiffany to remember whom she belonged to. She wanted Tiffany to remember her kiss and her lips, her warmth, as she talk to her client. She was being petty and behaved like a jealous girlfriend, that she knew, but she couldn't control herself. She wanted the brunette to remember she had a girlfriend at home and she had to stop all the advances made by other men.

 

A soft moan from Tiffany stopped Taeyeon from going further. If she didn't stop now they would be doing indecent act in the restroom cubicle. She pulled away, looking at the disheveled look of her girlfriend and stared right into Tiffany's eyes. Her eyes were glazed over and the blonde was proud she did that.

 

"Tae, what was that for?" Tiffany asked, a little breathless. She had to cling onto Taeyeon because she might fall if she didn't. She could feel her legs getting weak. "And why are you here?"

 

"I'm here for dinner with my colleagues and I saw you talking happily with that guy. I need him to see that you're taken. I think I put my point across nicely. Have a nice dinner, Fany. I'll be going." She placed a chaste kiss on her cheek and left the cubicle while wiping Tiffany's lipstick away from her lips.

 

Tiffany was left staring at the slightly ajar door, her lips still tingling from the kiss. She touched her lips with her fingers and grinned, loving how possessive and jealous Taeyeon could get because the blonde would always kiss her senseless whenever that happened.

 

She excused herself to the restroom because her client was obviously dropping hints to her that he's interested in her, and it was getting uncomfortable. Little did she know that Taeyeon was also around and saw what happened. That was some mind-blowing kiss, she thought.

 

She stepped out of the cubicle and almost laughed at her appearance- her lipstick smeared and her hair messy. She wondered how the client would react to see her like that? She shook her head lightly and wiped her lipstick off, running a hand through her hair to make herself look presentable again.

 

Walking out of the restroom, she made a mental note to text Taeyeon and ask if she needed a ride home. Her eyes scanned the restaurant and she found her girlfriend looking at her, giving her a cheeky wink. She smiled and winked back before taking her seat next to the client.

 

Taeyeon was still looking at her, and she was also returning the gaze. Then her girlfriend mouthed something. She couldn't lip-read from the distance, but from Taeyeon's eyes she understood what she said.

 

I love you.

 

---

 

Sitting in a cafe with a mug of hot chocolate infront of her, Taeyeon stared at the black velvet box in her hand which she had gotten some fifteen minutes ago. She walked into the store with Sunny and it look her close to an hour to choose the right ring, one that Tiffany would like and hopefully say yes. Her friend was on the verge of killing her because of her indecisiveness but it was important for her so there was no way she'd compromise that.

 

They had been together for close to three years and Taeyeon knew it was time to take things further. So in order to ask if Tiffany would like to move in with her, she came up with this idea to get her a promise ring. It was like a pre-proposal, as Taeyeon would like to call it. Tiffany was still living with her parents and she had met the lovely duo multiple times. They grew to like her and she felt the same. Needless to say, Taeyeon's family loved Tiffany to bits and they treat her like she's family since Taeyeon brought her home and introduced her as her girlfriend.

 

"I can't believe I went into the store and bought a ring," she muttered under her breath, still staring at the box in her hands.

 

"Is that a promise ring or an engagement ring? It seemed more like the latter, from the way you're behaving." Sunny took a sip of coffee and placed the mug back onto the table.

 

Sunny was dragged out by Taeyeon to the jewelry store because the latter wanted to get a diamond ring for her girlfriend. She thought she wanted to propose but was surprised when Taeyeon said it was just a promise ring, and that she thought it was still too early to talk about marriage.

 

"We can't get married here, Sunny." Taeyeon tore her gaze away from the box and looked at her friend. "And if anything, this is more like a pre-proposal. The real deal will come in due time."

 

"Well, you can't legally get married here doesn't mean there are no other alternatives. There's always the option to have a private ceremony or something like that. Haven't you thought of getting married to Tiffany? Have your own wedding ceremony, take pictures, accept the blessings from people you know, and to officially call your partner yours?"

 

Taeyeon pondered for a minute before shrugging. "I know it has always been Tiffany's wish to get married and to have a wedding ceremony that’s simple but meaningful."

 

"So let me ask you again. Is this ring,-" Sunny nudged her chin towards the velvet box, "-a promise ring or an engagement ring?"

 

The blonde fiddled with the box, opening it up to see the sparkling stone. She felt a surge of excitement and longingness. She could almost picture the expression on Tiffany's face once she's presented with the ring. If she were to propose, she was sure that her girlfriend would say yes, but there's always that one percent chance of her saying no for whatever reason there was.

 

Right now as she's staring at the ring, regardless it would be a yes or a no, Taeyeon had the urge to just go down on one knee and get Tiffany to marry her. To hell with not being able to legally get married in Korea. Sunny was right, they could still have their little private ceremony and say their vows witnessed by people who are close to them. This seemed more romantic than what she had in mind, which was to just ask Tiffany to move in with her. Why do I have to do this 'proposal' twice? Just get it over and done with. She will move in with me and at the same time agree to be my partner for life, Taeyeon thought to herself.

 

"Engagement ring." Taeyeon smiled, closing the box and answered with determination. "This is an engagement ring. I'm going to ask her to marry me, move in with me and spend the rest of her life with me. We can't have it on paper but ultimately it's just a paper anyway. We don’t need that."

 

Sunny chuckled. "It is the paper. Without that legal document you can't make decisions for the other person and there are always limitations."

 

"Are you suggesting that we migrate to somewhere that legalizes same- marriage?" Taeyeon lifted a brow, feeling mischievous.

 

"Who's to stop you if you really wanted it?" Sunny shrugged. "You could register your marriage in one of the countries that legalizes same- marriage. I mean, it's better to have some form of security, I guess."

 

Taeyeon kept the velvet box into her bag and pat the back of Sunny's hand. "Thank you, my friend. You've been of great help to me. I need to plan this nicely and give Tiffany the proposal she deserves."

 

"You go do your cheesy thing and save me from the celebration . I just need to know if she said yes."

 

Taeyeon blushed, smacking Sunny on her arm. "I'm not like you! I will never share something like that."

 

She could still remember how awkward and embarrassed she was when Sunny started going on and on about how great Joongki was in bed and it almost scarred her for life. She was glad that Tiffany was there to make things better. When she told her girlfriend about it, the brunette laughed it off and erased that memory for her by treating her real good. She blushed deeper at that thought as she reminiscence about that activity.

 

"I don't really want to know what's going through your mind right now. But I'm not going to protest if you ever say something about it."

 

"Shut up."

 

---

 

"I'm here!" Tiffany announced as she closed the door, taking off her shoes and put it on the rack. She heard no response so she called out again, "Tae?"

 

She went around the apartment but she couldn't see her girlfriend anywhere. "This dork. She told me she'd be back early tonight," she muttered under her breath, checking her phone to see if she missed a text. Nothing.

 

She shrugged it off and continued with her routine, choosing to take a shower first. As she was lathering her hair with shampoo, she heard the door opening and soon someone stepped into the shower and hugged her from the back. She smiled at the familiar warmth and leaned back to Taeyeon's embrace.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey, mind if I join you?" Taeyeon placed a kiss on Tiffany's shoulder affectionately.

 

"You're already in the shower. Shouldn't you ask that before you step in?"

 

"I don't care."

 

Taeyeon helped Tiffany wash the shampoo off her hair and turned the brunette over gently, pushing her towards the wall. They both smiled at each other, letting the water from the showerhead fall on them.

 

"No hanky panky business, Tae. Let's not waste resources." Tiffany giggled as Taeyeon tickled her side, brushing her thumb against her bare waist softly as she nuzzled her face on her neck.

 

"Mmm," Taeyeon hummed softly, still nuzzling her face on the base of Tiffany's neck, placing soft kisses here and there. "We are not wasting resources. We're showering together. It saves water actually."

 

The deep, husky chuckle coming from Tiffany made Taeyeon smile. She could feel the vibration and she moved her lips to her girlfriend's throat, lightly nibbling on the skin.

 

Tiffany held Taeyeon's head between her hands and pushed her away lightly. "Babe, we're gonna get wrinkly at the end of this shower."

 

The blonde placed a chaste kiss on Tiffany's lips and pushed herself off the brunette. "Alright, alright. No more hanky panky business."

 

---

 

True to Taeyeon's words, they both showered together without the blonde making anymore advances towards the brunette. After the shower, they had a hearty dinner which consisted of Tiffany's favorite food that Taeyeon bought back. They played footsies after the dinner while catching up on the drama they missed. The night was going on great with giggles and light nibbles here and there. Taeyeon was sure today was the day she was gonna propose to Tiffany. She could feel it in her bones. Her heart was calling out for her to do it tonight.

 

The blonde stealthily dipped her hand between the couch cushions and she let out a silent breath as her fingertips came in contact with the velvet box. She hid it there knowing that Tiffany wouldn't touch her side of the couch. She's always on the right side whereas Tiffany was on the left.

 

When the end of the episode came, Taeyeon took a deep breath and mentally encouraged herself. It was a huge step to take and as much as she was confident, she started feeling nervous. She took the box out from the couch and held it behind her.

 

"Fany?" She called out to the brunette whose head was on her shoulder.

 

"Hm?" Tiffany answered without looking at her. She had her eyes fixed on the television.

 

Taeyeon her dry lips and she took another deep breath. As if sensing something weird, Tiffany lifted her head up from Taeyeon's shoulder and looked at her in confusion.

 

"What is it?"

 

The blonde her lips again and the moment her eyes met Tiffany's, she looked away immediately, feeling her heart palpitating. I love her, I am going to ask her to marry me. She will say yes, and she will move in with me, and we will live happily ever after. Just like the fairytales, Taeyeon chanted in her head.

 

"Kim Taeyeon," Tiffany called out sternly, looking at Taeyeon with her poker face. "I swear to god, if you tell me you're cheating on me or you're breaking up with me I'm kicking your all the way to mars."

 

Taeyeon was flustered at what Tiffany had said. "What? N-no! No, no, no. You got that- oh goodness, no! I would never cheat on you or break up with you! Like, ever! That's- that's not what I planned to say to you."

 

"Then what is this all about? You came back with food I love; you're even sitting down watching this drama you hate with me. And now you're stuttering." Tiffany frowned, sitting upright and faced her girlfriend.

 

She would never believe that Taeyeon cheated on her but if she did... if she ever did... Tiffany didn't know how to react or what to think of it. The thought of losing Taeyeon was very depressing and she didn't want to go there. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with Taeyeon. She would never let her out of her hands now that she had found the love of her life. She was glad she took a leap of faith and everything fell in place. Nothing beats having your feelings reciprocated, although Taeyeon fell for her first.

 

"Fany," Taeyeon started, holding Tiffany's hand with one hand and the other hand was clutching onto the velvet box. "On the contrary, instead of breaking up with you, I am going to ask you to marry me."

 

Tiffany gasped out loud - her hand flew to out of disbelief - the moment Taeyeon took out that black velvet box from behind her and opened it up, showing the brunette the sparkling stone in it.

 

"You make me a very happy woman for three years and counting. No words can express how much I love you and how blessed I am to have you in my life. There were ups and downs but we managed to pull through. I just want to let you know that I love you. I always will as long as I am breathing, and I want you to know that you're the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me."

 

Looking at Tiffany's glistening eyes, Taeyeon fought back her own tears as she took a ragged breath, getting off the couch to get down on one knee, still holding onto the box. "Will you marry me? And maybe move in with me? I love waking up with you next to me and I wish it's a permanent thing, not only when you're here for sleepovers."

 

Tiffany's brain stopped functioning the moment Taeyeon whipped out that black velvet box from behind her. How long has she been planning this? Is this real? She's asking me to marry her? She could feel her heart beating against the ribcage.

 

Receiving no response from Tiffany, Taeyeon her lips and chuckled nervously. "Um, well, I know this is nothing like the romantic candlelight dinner proposal you saw in movies but... but this is me laying it all out for you. This is me being transparent, honest and sincere, and... and I-"

 

"Yes," Tiffany interjected, reaching out to cup Taeyeon's face with her hand. Her voice trembled with happiness as tears clouded her eyes. She couldn't believe that it was coming true. Her little dream of getting married was coming true. "Yes, I will marry you."

 

Taeyeon grinned amidst the tears threatening to fall. She took out the diamond ring and threw the box behind her, eliciting a giggle from Tiffany. She then took Tiffany's hand and slipped the ring up her finger, placing a light kiss on the diamond once she's done.

 

"Thank you," she breathed out, locking her gaze with Tiffany.

 

Tiffany got up from the couch and tackled Taeyeon in a tight hug, sending them both to the ground with Tiffany on top of the blonde.

 

"Oomph."

 

"Sorry." Tiffany grinned sheepishly, leaning down to kiss Taeyeon.

 

It was a gentle and slow kiss, as both of them were over the moon at their new status. They conveyed their heartfelt feelings towards each other through the kiss and they were sure the other person was able to feel it.

 

Taeyeon broke the kiss and tucked Tiffany's hair behind her ear to get a better look at her. She was met with her favorite smile and she had to smile along with that.

 

"I love you, fiancée."

 

"I love you too, fiancée."

 

---

 

"So, you agreed to marry me but you didn't say yes to moving in with me," Taeyeon joked as she brushed her thumb across the back of Tiffany's hand. She was still holding onto the brunette's hand- the one with the diamond ring.

 

Tiffany laughed, hitting Taeyeon's head lightly with her knuckle. "Silly. Of course I'd love to move in with you. Just be prepared to help me with moving and to clear half of your wardrobe space for me."

 

"Woman, I'll buy you a new wardrobe so you can stuff all of your clothes in. I know you own many things and half of my wardrobe won't be able to fit all of that."

 

Tiffany pinched Taeyeon's cheek and snuggled up to her fiancée. She was on cloud nine and she couldn't wait to spread the joy.

 

"Tae, do you think we should tell our family and friends tonight? Or should we wait a bit?"

 

“Wait? Why wait?” Taeyeon asked with a confused expression. "Are you planning to go back on your words, Tiffany Hwang? I will never allow that. You agreed to marry me and we will get married. You hear me? There's no getting out of this now that you've accepted my proposal and you're wearing my ring! I swear if you-"

 

Tiffany leaned up and kissed Taeyeon right on the lips, effectively shutting her up.

 

"God, you talk so much. And stop being so dramatic!" Although annoyed, Tiffany couldn't help but laugh at the blonde's adorable antics.

 

"Let's do it now," said Taeyeon excitedly as she reached out to her phone on the coffee table.

 

Taeyeon grabbed her phone and opened the camera app. She held Tiffany's hand up gently and focused on the diamond ring before snapping a picture. She tried a couple of times and when she was finally satisfied with the picture, she opened up her Instagram app and started to upload the photo- not before typing the caption: "She said yes. (:" and tagging Tiffany on the post.

 

Tiffany did the same, snapping a picture from her angle and uploaded to her Instagram account with the caption: "I said yes. <3"

 

She was surprised that Taeyeon chose to announce their engagement through a social media post. Ever since they got together, Taeyeon seemed to stop avoiding social media. Tiffany was pleasantly surprised when she received a notification indicating that Taeyeon had started to follow her on Instagram one day while she was at work. The blonde had created an account and the first picture she uploaded was a photo Tiffany took of her back view. The brunette never forced her to open up to posting snippets of her private life for people to see, because she felt that Taeyeon should only do it when she's comfortable with the idea and not because Tiffany wanted her to.

 

Over the years, Taeyeon started to become more comfortable with social media and would even share things out of the blue. For instance her lunch at work, the dinner Tiffany prepared, a corner of her apartment that she found interesting, her holding Tiffany's hand, a picture of their feet propped up on the coffee table, and many more. It was her daily life and she took note of what happened, or the most interesting thing of the day, through using Instagram like a photo diary. Of course, her account was private so it allowed her to be herself without pretense. She still held on to her privacy so she wouldn't update just about anything like Tiffany. Regardless, Tiffany was happy at the change.

 

Within half an hour their phones started ringing non-stop, indicating multiple notifications were received. They were all congratulatory messages from their friends and colleagues. Shortly after that, Taeyeon's phone rang and it was Papa Kim calling. They couldn't contain their excitement and Tiffany could hear Mama Kim and Jiwoong's wife squealing from where she was seated.

 

Looking at the blissful face of Taeyeon's as she broke the news to her family, Tiffany could only smile and her cheeks hurt from all the smiling she did tonight.

 

---

 

"Are you nervous?" Sunny asked Taeyeon as she helped her with her makeup.

 

"I am very nervous. Do I look okay?" Taeyeon asked for the umpteenth time with a slight frown.

 

Tiffany wanted to have the surprise factor so they went for the wedding dress fitting on a different day. Taeyeon had no idea which dress Tiffany chose and vice versa. She was afraid at first, that the dress she chose couldn’t complement Tiffany's. The brunette was always the fashionable one. She heard from the store assistant that it took Tiffany less than 30 minutes to find the right dress because she knew what she wanted. Whereas for Taeyeon, she spent almost an hour and a half to two hours to choose the dress. She looked at every single dress in the store, tried them on and kept asking Sunny for her comments. When she finally found the one and had changed out of it, she immediately plopped herself down the couch in the store and heaved a relieved sigh. It was so loud that the store assistant had to suppress her laughter.

 

She wondered which dress Tiffany chose and tried to get some information from the store assistant but her lips were tight. The only consolation she gave Taeyeon was that their dresses look great and compatible. That was all the blonde needed to know anyway. Now that the big day was finally here, Taeyeon couldn’t help but fear that she didn't look good. She would only get married once in this lifetime so everything had to be perfect, or at least near-perfect. Gosh, she couldn't wait to see Tiffany, her beautiful wife-to-be.

 

Even though there was no way for this marriage to be legally documented, it didn't matter to them. For it's a promise to stand by each other regardless of what life throws at them. Taeyeon knew how much Tiffany wanted a wedding of her own, so she let her fiancée plan it as she liked. She would only give some inputs if Tiffany needed to choose between two choices. When she saw how tired yet happy Tiffany was while she planned the wedding, she felt warmth all over. It felt great to know she's looking forward to that day like Taeyeon did. She was going to call this woman, the love of her life, her wife.

 

"Don't worry, you look fine. Better than fine, actually. She's gonna love the dress." Sunny finished touching up on Taeyeon's makeup and smiled, patting her shoulder.

 

Taeyeon breathed out through . "I hope so."

 

A soft knock on the door made both women turn their head. Sooyoung popped her head in and smiled at the sight of Taeyeon. Her friend looked gorgeous and she was sure she would faint if she saw Tiffany.

 

"Are you ready? It's about time."

 

"Already?" Taeyeon gulped, checking herself out for the last time before she stood up with the help of Sunny.

 

Papa Kim came into the room after Sooyoung and it was the first time Taeyeon saw her father in suit and tie. He looked really dashing. She locked gaze with her father and she could see him tearing up. It made her eyes sting a little but she willed herself to not cry. She couldn't mess up her makeup minutes before the march-in.

 

"Appa~" Taeyeon called out, taking small steps towards her father and held his hand.

 

"Ah, what's wrong with me?" Papa Kim chuckled, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'm just really happy to see you getting married. My little girl all grown up," he choked.

 

"You're gonna make me cry." Taeyeon whined, biting her bottom lip.

 

She wasn't sure why she felt like crying. It’s not like she's migrating to another country or she'd never see her family anymore after getting married. They would still be in Seoul and nothing would change, apart from her status.

 

"Alright, alright, let's get you in there."

 

Papa Kim held Taeyeon's hand and hooked it to his arm as he led her out calmly.

 

"Don't trip on your foot!" Sunny reminded.

 

"You wouldn't want to fall infront of all your guests!" Sooyoung added.

 

"Don’t jinx it!"

 

---

 

The moment the doors opened, Tiffany walked in while holding onto her father's arm. They walked down the aisle as she looked around, spotting familiar faces and smiling at them, happy that they were able to make it for her big day. The guests all kept to her request of a white or pink dress code. It was such a beautiful sight.

 

When Tiffany was near the altar, she finally tore her gaze away from the guests and focused on her wife-to-be. Taeyeon was already at the altar, waiting for her as she was the first to march-in. Her eyes twinkled as she registered the two-tone dress Taeyeon had on. The dress was white and it gradually turned pink from her knee towards the end of train. It was a simple yet elegant dress.

 

Tiffany's whole dress was white, except for the bottom of the dress. There was a pink fold from her lower back all the way down to the dress train. She didn't expect Taeyeon to wear something pink because that woman hated it. The things people do for love, she thought to herself with a small smile. If she had known, she would've chosen a dress that was in a light shade of pink. The whole point of her choosing this dress was because she didn't want to overwhelm the pictures with too much pink.

 

When she finally reached the side of Taeyeon, Mr. Hwang took Tiffany's hand off his arm and placed it on Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Take care of each other. And when you feel like giving up, remember this happy moment over and over again," said Mr. Hwang as he patted their hands.

 

After Mr. Hwang went back to his seat, Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with so much adoration that she could feel herself blushing at the intense eye contact. She squeezed the hand in hers lightly as they both turned towards the Officiant.

 

This is it, Tiffany thought. This is the moment I will pledge to stay by Taeyeon's side from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

 

Tiffany wondered if every bride and groom felt this way when they’re standing at the altar, with the love of their life standing right beside them as they waited for their turn to say their vows, and to pledge their commitment to each other. She was overwhelmed with the emotions coming at her all at once. She's happy, nervous, touched and above all, loved.

 

---

 

As the ceremony went on, it was time for them to say their vows. Taeyeon gestured for Tiffany to go first and the brunette took a deep breath before holding onto both of Taeyeon's hand, looking straight into her eyes. She hoped the blonde could see and feel the sincerity in her words.

 

"Taeyeon, my best friend, my lover, my soulmate and soon to be my wife, I promise to be with you through the ups and downs. I promise to learn to be understanding towards you, to care for you, and to grow old with you. I'll cry with you when you're sad, laugh with you when you're happy and gladly let you vent your anger on me should you be angry."

 

Tiffany chuckled dryly as her mind started replaying their bed activities and she let out another chuckle when the guests started laughing and wolf-whistled.

 

Tears welled up Taeyeon's eyes as she listened attentively to what Tiffany was saying. She laughed with the crowd and squeezed the brunette's hands gently, urging her to continue.

 

"I let you go once and I swear that would be the first and the last time. You showed me how pure and sincere your love is for me and I can see forever in your eyes. From now on, you are my priority- you have been, actually. I am honored and happy to be able to take you for my wife today. I love you."

 

It was so beautiful and so close to her heart that when she looked into the brunette's glistening eyes at the end of her vow, the blonde lost it and started weeping. She couldn't stop her tears even though she wanted to.

 

"I'm not going to be able to say my vows like that." She whined, taking the facial tissue Sunny passed to her and dabbed her face. She was a crying mess and she's on her way to ruin her makeup if she continued crying like that.

 

Tiffany saw the tears running down Taeyeon's face and she reached over to wipe them off with her finger. She found it adorable that the blonde was always this emotional and sensitive. "We agreed to not cry on this day," she whispered affectionately, the end of her lips tugging up to form a soft smile.

 

The brunette still held onto Taeyeon's hand as the latter took deep breaths to calm down. Taeyeon looked up to see Tiffany grinning at her. She smiled back and sniffled, getting herself ready.

 

"Tiffany, the love of my life, my pillar of support, my best friend and my soulmate, from this day, I vow to be your companion for life and I promise to live, learn and love with you. We're two vastly different individuals but we managed to fall in love with each other. I didn't know we're able to get this far but I'm so glad we did. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I plan to keep you with me for a long, long time. I promise to understand and respect you as a whole. I promise to open up to you and keep no secrets. I love you and I can't wait to grow old with you."

 

Tiffany felt butterflies in her stomach as she listened to Taeyeon's vow. At the end of it, she couldn't resist but leaned in to kiss the blonde on her lips. Everyone laughed at how impatient she was but it wasn't like that. She was overflowing with love and she had to show Taeyeon how much she loved her and just exactly how blissful she made her feel.

 

I love you. I love you. I love you.

 

---

 

After the wedding, Taeyeon and Tiffany took off to Maldives for their honeymoon. It was planned by Tiffany and Taeyeon was surprised at how much the brunette had saved up for this. Her wife had everything settled so all she had to do was to pack her luggage and follow the brunette to the airport.

 

They spent most of their time snorkeling, basking in the sun, dipping their feet into the clear water, or swimming in their private pool that overlooked the horizon. Either that or they would fool around in the little isolated villa they had to themselves. If Taeyeon could make Tiffany pregnant and vice versa, they would have been by now after all the vigorous love making.

 

Tiffany planned a five days trip and for those days, the newlywed had so much fun that they were reluctant to head back to Korea. On the last night of their stay, Taeyeon surprised Tiffany with an intimate dinner right in their villa. It wasn't part of the brunette's plan and she didn't know how Taeyeon found time to arrange it. Needless to say, it was a very fulfilling and lovely dinner. The table was set up in the patio and the sight was breathtakingly beautiful.

 

Looking at the small smile on Taeyeon's face as she swirl the red wine in the glass, Tiffany felt like she had everything in the world. An accepting family, loving friends, a stable job, and a wife that made her feel like every day was Valentine's Day.

 

Right at that moment, Tiffany decided to deactivate her account for 'Friend for Hire'. Now that she’s married to Taeyeon, she should not do things that could jeopardize their relationship or make her wife jealous and uncomfortable. She thought of that little incident at the restaurant when Taeyeon happened to see her with her client and it only strengthened her decision.

 

"Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany called out.

 

"Hm?" Taeyeon hummed, looking up to meet Tiffany's gaze.

 

"I'm going to deactivate my Friend for Hire account."

 

Taeyeon stopped cutting the steak and raised a brow. "Where is this coming from? Why so sudden?"

 

"Because I'm married to you and I shouldn't be out there helping people get through their awkward social situations anymore. And I don't need to meet more people in my life now that I have you." Tiffany almost gagged when she said that but it was all out in the open now. It was too late to take it back.

 

Taeyeon cringed at the remark. Nevertheless, she was touched at the gesture. Tiffany thought of it which meant she was aware of how Taeyeon felt at times and she was putting her first before anything else. But she didn't want to restrict her wife. Being married didn't mean Tiffany had to give up on her social life.

 

"Fany-ah, you know that I trust you and I know there's no way you'd cheat on me. You don't have to do this. You like doing this, remember? There is no need to stop because of me." The blonde said affectionately, reaching out to hold Tiffany's hand in hers.

 

Of course she knew where Tiffany was coming from. The brunette was just afraid that whatever happened back then with George would resurface and cause a crack in their relationship, or that Taeyeon would feel hurt when she happened to bump into Tiffany while she's with a client. She trusts Tiffany, but she didn't trust the strangers who were gonna meet her gorgeous wife. It was easy to fall for someone like Tiffany. She's smart, friendly, caring, gorgeous and she had a knack to make people feel comfortable whenever they're with her.

 

Throughout the years of being together, Taeyeon had felt jealous and possessive a couple of times but Tiffany always updated her as to which person she's going out with and what they'd be doing. Sometimes Tiffany would also ask Taeyeon along if the other party was alright with it. The brunette was always open with their relationship although she's going around making people shocked at the revelation. Taeyeon would always plaster a -eating grin on her face whenever guys - who thought they had a chance with her then-girlfriend-and-now-wife - looked at her with envy. Because Tiffany chose her and she belonged to her.

 

Tiffany shook her head. "As much as I like this, I can't do this for life. I helped because I was sure I wouldn't be in a relationship and I wasn't looking for one. Then you came along and wrecked all that- in a good way. I don't have time for that anymore because I have a family now, my own family. I think I'm happy with my small circle."

 

She was adamant to delete her account. She was sure a lot of people met their other half through the app, because it was what happened to Sunny and herself. And it didn't sit well with Tiffany to leave her account there because there was no way she'd accept another request. Rather than having her profile there for everyone to see and send requests, she would rather take it down completely so there's no need to feel bad for leaving them hanging.

 

"Whatever you decide I'll support you. Just bear in mind that you don't have to give things up because of me, okay?"

 

"I know you're always understanding and accommodating towards me. Sometimes if things makes you feel uncomfortable you have to let me know so we can talk and work things out. You promised to be open and honest, remember?" Tiffany interlocked their fingers and brushed her thumb across the back of Taeyeon's hand.

 

Taeyeon could feel the genuine affection Tiffany had for her. She looked into her wife's brown orbs and all she could see was herself. She was sure Tiffany could see herself in Taeyeon's eyes, too.

 

"I'll always remember what I said at the altar when we promised each other forever. This marriage is another milestone in our lives, and this honeymoon period might not last long. But I know we'll both put in the effort to try. I'm laying it all out for you. The Kim Taeyeon you're seeing right now, you have my all. My commitment, my love, my attention, my everything. I don't expect the same from you because this is what I've decided on my own accord.”

 

Tiffany stood up abruptly, starling Taeyeon. The blonde stared, wide eyed, as Tiffany sauntered over. The brunette tilted Taeyeon's head up by her chin as she leaned down to capture her lips in hers.

 

Taeyeon whimpered slightly as Tiffany tugged on her lips. She gulped when her wife pulled away and she could still feel her breath on her face.

 

"You always know which buttons to push to get some, huh?" She whispered against Taeyeon's lips.

 

"I- I was just stating my mind."

 

"Baby," Tiffany cooed, blowing air into Taeyeon's ear, making the latter shudder in excitement. "You make it so difficult for me whenever you say something sweet, you know that? All I want to do is to kiss you senseless."

 

Tiffany nibbled on Taeyeon's earlobe lightly, and a soft moan escaped the blonde's lips. Taeyeon pushed her chair back as she reached up and held the back of Tiffany's head with a hand while another circled her waist, pulling her down to her lap. She then nuzzled her face in Tiffany's neck, leaving soft kisses here and there.

 

"Gosh, we're like female lions in heat." Taeyeon chuckled, biting Tiffany's skin gently then giving it a sensual .

 

Tiffany stifled a moan as she threw her arms around Taeyeon's neck, her hand weaving into Taeyeon's blonde tresses, massaging her scalp.

 

"Since it's our last night here let's make the best out of it, hm?"

 

"Your wish is my command, milady."

 

---

 

Tiffany put the bowl of kimchi stew on the table when she heard the lock to the door turned, indicating Taeyeon had come home. She wiped her hands on the apron before taking it off, placing it back on the hook.

 

"I'm home!" Taeyeon hollered as she changed to the in-house slippers. "Whatever you're cooking it smells good!"

 

The brunette chuckled, getting out of the kitchen to greet her wife. Her arms went around Taeyeon's neck as the latter brought her closer by the waist.

 

"Welcome home."

 

"I can get used to this." Taeyeon stole a peck on Tiffany's lips and grinned.

 

"Of what?"

 

"Of me coming home to your embrace and you welcoming me home. It was so quiet before you moved in. Now I can be like those actors or actresses in the dramas and scream 'I'm home' and there'd be someone to welcome me."

 

Tiffany had to laugh at that. "You dork."

 

"Anyway, thanks for preparing dinner tonight. It should be my turn but boss called on a last-minute meeting and I wasn't sure when I'll be done."

 

Since they didn't want to tire out each other, they came up with a schedule. Taeyeon would cook on Monday and Wednesday, whereas Tiffany would cook on Tuesday and Thursday. For Friday, Saturday and Sunday, they decided to either eat out or order food in. They even had cleaning and laundry scheduled on the weekend so they could do it together.

 

They had never lived with anyone else apart from their family so when they first started out, there were quarrels and little fights here and there because of the difference in habits and way of doing things. But now they learned to compromise and everything was going on well.

 

"Do you want to take a shower first before eating or do you want to eat first?" Tiffany asked, massaging the back of Taeyeon's nape.

 

"I'm kinda hungry so let's eat first?"

 

Tiffany hummed and held Taeyeon's hand, bringing her to the dining table. They sat across each other as they started eating the meal Tiffany had prepared.

 

"What should we get for Sunny and Joongki's wedding?" Tiffany asked.

 

The couple recently visited them with a wedding invitation and the married couple was happy for them. The wedding would take place in five weeks' time and Tiffany still didn't know what to get for them.

 

"I think we can get them a bottle of engraved wine bottle? Since Sunny loves to drink. We can engrave their names and their wedding date on the bottle. Maybe throw in two engraved glasses."

 

Tiffany pondered for a minute and nodded her head, agreeing with Taeyeon. "That's a brilliant idea. Alright, I'll go look for it and see if they can deliver on time."

 

Taeyeon grinned. "By the way, your culinary skill has improved. This stew is great!"

 

"Umma taught me this when we visited the last time."

 

"Ah." Taeyeon nodded her head. "No wonder it has that motherly taste."

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon thoughtfully. "Tae, shall we adopt a puppy?"

 

"Where is this coming from?"

 

"Well, you talked about mother and... you know, we can't have kids but we can... adopt a puppy?"

 

Tiffany hid her face behind the bowl as she bowed her head to scoop more rice into . She wasn't trying to hint that she'd like to have a 'kid' so their little family could be complete, but she just wanted another addition to their family so it'd feel more like home. It had been on her mind for quite some time now and this was her first time vocalizing her thought.

 

Taeyeon grinned as she put her chopsticks down, reaching forward to pinch Tiffany's nose. "Sure, we can go adopt a puppy. Shall we do it over the weekend then?"

 

She felt flattered that Tiffany wanted to add another member into their family and the fact that the brunette might have thought of having a kid with her. Regardless it was a puppy or kid, Taeyeon would gladly agree to it because she wanted the same thing.

 

Tiffany smiled, her eyes forming crescents. "Thank you for agreeing to this."

 

"Why wouldn't I? This is our kid you're talking about." Taeyeon teased, loving that pink hue on Tiffany's cheek.

 

As they were preparing for bed that night, Tiffany snuggled up against Taeyeon as the latter rested her chin on the crown of the brunette's head, with her arms wrapped around her wife.

 

"Goodnight, my love," Taeyeon whispered, tightening her hold on Tiffany.

 

"Night, Tae." Tiffany placed a light kiss on the blonde's collarbone. "I love you."

 

---

 

Aaaaaand I'm done. I hope this bonus chapter is satisfactory to you.

 

Here is the direct PDF download link. The bonus chapter is included in the latest PDF.

 

And click here for the folder to my other works. Into You's PDF will be up in a week or two. I'll post an update once it is ready.

 

Have a great week ahead y'all!

 

-E