Part 3

Friend for Hire

Taeyeon woke up because of the consistent banging on her door. If the person were to continue banging that frantically on her door, before her neighbors complain about the noise, her door might just break. She groaned and blinked several times to regain her consciousness. Looking at the clock on her wall, she noticed it's already noon. She got up and put a hoodie over her body before going to the door.

 

"Yah! What took you so long?!" Sunny bellowed the moment the door swung open.

 

"I just woke up," she replied groggily and turned around, walking into her bathroom.

 

Sunny stepped into the apartment and closed the door. Her calls and texts were unanswered since last night, and it made her worry, so she's here to make sure Taeyeon's okay.

 

A few minutes later, Taeyeon emerged from her bedroom and sat beside Sunny, lifting her legs up to the couch and folded her arms, placing them on her knees. "Why are you banging on my door like that?"

 

Sunny frowned, taking a good look at Taeyeon's face. Apart from the puffy eyes, she seemed fine. "You weren't replying to my texts or calls so I had to come and make sure you're alive."

 

"Don't worry, I still am." She gave her a small smile. "I must've been too tired. I crashed the moment I got home."

 

"As long as you're okay," she paused. "Taeyeon-ah, I'm sorry for last night. I shouldn't have-"

 

"It's okay, Sunny," Taeyeon interjected, raising her hand to stop Sunny from saying more. "Let's not talk about it anymore."

 

Sunny nodded and stopped the topic immediately. She knew that no matter how much she wanted to talk about it, Taeyeon wouldn't listen to her. She had probably made up her mind overnight to either forget about Tiffany or to forget last night ever happened. Sunny was hoping for the former though. Tiffany seemed like nothing but trouble for Taeyeon.

 

"Shall we go for lunch? I'm a little hungry," Taeyeon asked as she rubbed her empty stomach. She hadn't consumed anything since last night. "That is if you have no other plans."

 

"Okay, go get changed. I'll wait for you here."

 

Looking at the back view of Taeyeon, she couldn't help but notice how lonely her friend looked. I thought you'd be happier but I was wrong. I shouldn't have made the decision for you. But I didn't want you to live in your bubble either. Forgive me, Taeyeon. I'll try my best to help you get out of this mess.

 

---

 

"I don't want to say I told you so, but Sunny-ya, I told you so," Joongki smiled, flicking her forehead lightly as he stressed each word.

 

Sunny pouted and hit Joongki on his arm. "I thought I could just lend them a helping hand. I didn't expect this to happen."

 

"You're not them, so you're just doing a part as an observant. I'm not surprised that things went wrong." He wrapped an arm around Sunny and kissed her temple. "My friend called me telling me that his confession failed. Tiffany didn't accept it."

 

"She didn't?" Sunny asked, surprised. She thought that if Tiffany reacted that way the other night, it would mean that she's actually interested in the guy and she's annoyed at Taeyeon for the interruption.

 

"George was kind of pissed off because he said that Tiffany was just stringing him on for weeks. And when he confessed, she rejected him saying she's in love with someone else and that she's sorry for putting him through this."

 

"She's... in love with someone else?" Sunny asked hesitantly. Just what is this Tiffany doing or thinking? She's so contradicting. First she said she doesn't do relationship and now her reason for rejecting a person was that she's in love with someone else? It doesn't make sense.

 

"Yeah, that's what he told me. Surprising, huh? Didn't you say she doesn't do relationship?" He had a confused look on his face. He had to go through a thirty-minutes long nagging from George so he was sure he did not hear it wrongly. Well, unless George was too drunk to even remember what Tiffany had said.

 

"That was what Taeyeon told me. What is she trying to do?" Sunny frowned, totally not liking how Tiffany handled the situation and how she was behaving. It felt like she was toying with everyone.

 

Joongki shrugged. "Beats me. How's Taeyeon doing?"

 

Sunny shook her head. "Not that good. She's trying very hard to forget Tiffany and move on but I know she wouldn't be able to. Although they didn't date but she's still considered Taeyeon's first- the first person Taeyeon fell for. It's gonna take some time before her heart heals."

 

"Give her some time. She's an adult now so I'm sure she'd be able to get over this soon. Just be there for her whenever she needs someone? I think that's the only thing you could do for now. It's kind of worrying that she doesn't have many friends and she prefers staying home."

 

"I know right. I guess that's the only thing that could be done." She sighed.

 

"Don't beat yourself up. Even if you didn't do what you did, Taeyeon would still get hurt eventually." He rubbed her arm soothingly. "That is if Tiffany doesn't like her the way Taeyeon does."

 

"Thanks." Sunny gave him a smile and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I'm just worried, you know. Seeing her like that breaks my heart. She's already a little emotional at times."

 

"It's alright. We fall and hurt ourselves at times, it's part of growing up. At least now she knows that love isn't all fluffy like how the dramas and movies portray it to be like. It's a learning point."

 

"Yeah, you're right. Hopefully it will all be okay."

 

"It will be." Joongki kissed the crown of Sunny's head and tightened his hold on his girlfriend.

 

---

 

Life was very monotone for Taeyeon. All she did was to go to work and then go back home. She would only get out of the house if she needed to get groceries or if she had an appointment with friends. It was somehow back to normal- before she met Tiffany. Almost. She would still think of the brunette from time to time and it would still hurt but it wasn't as bad as before. She tried her best not to open the text history or her photo library because it was like tearing her wound open. It was suicidal and she wasn’t ready to die of heartbreak just yet.

 

She was glad that Tiffany didn't know where she lived. She was sure the brunette tried to contact her after that night but unfortunately - or fortunately for Taeyeon - her calls couldn't get through because it's blocked.

 

Maybe she didn't even try to contact me after that night, she thought bitterly. Because she could've called me using another person's phone or from her office. Oh, right, she can't use her office line because I already know the number. Or she could've at least waited for me at my office building. Well, that is if she really wanted to find me.

 

The more she thought about it the more dejected she felt. All of it just pointed out to the fact that Tiffany didn't make the effort to look for her, and it crushed her heart. She honestly thought that what they had was special. She thought that all the subtle touches and skinship were a hint to something but she was wrong. It seemed that Tiffany was just someone who liked skinship in general and they were all platonic. You were the one who misunderstood. She never once said she liked you or expressed interest in you. You're an idiot for throwing away the friendship like that. If only you could control your jealousy, that night wouldn’t have happened and you could still stay by Tiffany's side as a friend. It's better to be friends than to be nothing at all, right?

 

She tried to believe that love's a beautiful thing and it just wasn't time for her to be in love yet. It was the only way to console herself after being through the ordeal. She must not let one bad experience affect the rest of her life. She was sure this bad feeling would follow her as she aged, but she knew it wouldn’t be healthy to hold onto it. She needed to let this go. She needed to let Tiffany go. And the only way she knew how was to try to meet new people. Maybe then she would be able to move on.

 

Picking up her phone, she dialed Sooyoung's number.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, remember that girl you tried to introduce to me last week but I said no?"

 

"Yeah, what about her?"

 

"Do you think she'd still be interested to be friends?" She closed her eyes and asked. There was no turning back now.

 

"Are you for real? What made you change your mind? You were still so sure you'd not be interested."

 

"Yes, I am for real. Why can't I want to get to know more people? Aren't you guys telling me to do this? I'm finally trying to do as I'm told and you're questioning me?" She tried not to sound annoyed.

 

Couldn't she be a little fickle minded? She didn't feel like being friends with the girl last week didn't mean she wouldn't feel like this week. But of course she felt bad for snapping at her friend like that. They were all just concerned for her wellbeing, but it was too late to take it back.

 

"Woah, there, chill man. I was just curious. Let me hit her up and see if she's still interested. I'll get back to you."

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. But thanks Syoung, I shall wait for your call then." She sighed in relief, glad that Sooyoung did not take it the wrong way.

 

She ended the call and mentally told herself to just go with the flow. If she were to click well with the girl Sooyoung was trying to introduce to her, then there might be room to be something more than friends. If not, it wouldn't hurt to gain a new friend. She wasn't sure if her heart was ready to welcome another person but if she could, she would like to try.

 

---

 

"Um, babe?" Joongki called out to Sunny as he stared at the caller ID showing on his phone.

 

"Hm?" She hummed, turning around to look at her boyfriend. "What is it? The soup will be ready soon."

 

Joongki flipped the phone over and showed Sunny the screen. "Tiffany's calling."

 

Sunny stopped all movement and grabbed the phone. It was indeed Tiffany. "Why is she calling you?" She glared at Joongki. "Are you hiding something from me?"

 

He raised both his hands up and with the most innocent face, he shook his head. "Of course not! I am not hiding anything from you! I really have no idea why she's calling me."

 

The phone rang again and Sunny picked up the call almost immediately.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi Tiffany, this is Sunny speaking. Joongki is actually busy at the moment so is there anything I can help? Or to convey a message perhaps?" Sunny asked, pointing to the pot of soup she was cooking just a few minutes ago, gesturing Joongki to take care of it.

 

The man nodded his head and did as he was told. In the house his girlfriend called the shots so he had to listen to her.

 

"Oh, h-hi Sunny. How're you doing?"

 

"I'm doing fine, thank you. Is there something you need?" She asked again, annoyed at the small talk Tiffany was trying to make. Just go straight to the point, woman.

 

"I... um, I just called to ask Joongki if he could give me your number but since you're on the line now, I'd like to ask you for a favor."

 

"You're looking for me? What is it?" Sunny looked at her boyfriend and the latter just shrugged.

 

"You probably know what happened back at the club a month ago. I just- I tried calling Taeyeon but I couldn't get through to her. Can you please get her to call me? Or can you give me her address? I need to talk to her."

 

"I believe there is nothing left for you to say," Sunny’s tone changed immediately.

 

Joongki sensed the unfriendly tone and made himself scarce after making sure he had switched off the stove. He didn't want to be part of this. Experience told him that nothing good would come out of it if he were to interfere.

 

"Look, I can explain what happened that night. All I need is a chance," Tiffany pleaded.

 

"It's been a month, Tiffany. You could've explained it to Taeyeon if you really wanted to. You didn't have to wait a month to do that," she spat, annoyed that the brunette came up with such a ridiculous excuse. Why wait a month when she could've cleared things off the day after?

 

"I- there were some things I needed to sort out and I did. Sunny, please, I really need to talk to Taeyeon and explain everything to her. Just one chance, please."

 

Tiffany was begging her and she felt her heart softened at the pleading tone. "I'll be the judge of that. Let's meet to talk things out," she suggested.

 

"THANK YOU!" Tiffany screamed. "Just let me know when and where, I'll shuffle my schedule."

 

Sunny winced at the volume and took the phone slightly away from her ear. "I'll keep you updated."

 

"W-wait!" Tiffany spoke before she had the chance to end the call. "How's Taeyeon? Is she doing okay?"

 

"She-" Sunny paused, thinking that it would be better to confront Tiffany face-to-face, and to think about what she should divulge to the brunette, "-we'll talk more when we meet."

 

"Oh, okay. I'll see you soon then? Bye."

 

Sunny frowned as she looked at the phone screen. It was uncharacteristic of Tiffany to call Joongki just to ask for her number. It's even weirder that Tiffany wanted to talk to her. What are you trying to do, Tiffany? It's been a month and Taeyeon's trying to forget you. Don't tell me you're planning to come back into her life? Please have some mercy and don’t hurt her twice.

 

---

 

It turned out that the girl Sooyoung wanted to introduce to Taeyeon was Im Yoona, a girl who’s a year younger. Although she's probably ten centimeters taller than Taeyeon, the height didn't bother Taeyeon one bit. Yoona has a pair of pretty eyes and her features were sharp. Taeyeon instantly took a liking to her the moment she smiled. Although her smile wasn't as mesmerizing as Tiffany's, it made her day. Her body visibly relaxed the moment Yoona smiled and introduced herself.

 

It wasn't like a blind date kind of setting. It was her, Yoona, Sooyoung and her girlfriend. Apparently Sooyoung's girlfriend and Yoona were schoolmates and they studied the same thing. It was as per Taeyeon's request to not make it seem very serious or that Taeyeon was seeking a romantic relationship with Yoona. She wasn't really sure if she could do it, so it's better to not give the other party false hope.

 

Taeyeon didn't know that she could converse so well with someone whom she had just met. It was like an eye opener. Apparently when you meet someone you could click with, the conversations would just flow. And she clicked really well with this Yoona girl to the point that when Sooyoung and her girlfriend decided to call it a day, the both of them shifted to the ice-cream parlour down the street to continue their conversation.

 

Before Sooyoung left, she gave Taeyeon a wink and a subtle thumbs up. She almost laughed if not for the fact that Yoona was facing her. She felt proud of herself, to be honest. Who knew a homebody and a somewhat anti-social person like her would be able to talk like long lost friends with a person whom she had just met? Oh, Yoona wasn't the first though, Taeyeon thought.

 

It was different with Tiffany. With that brunette, there seemed to be something lingering in the air and although she was comfortable, she was also careful with her words and actions. But with Yoona, Taeyeon could be herself without much restriction. And here you are, thinking about someone you shouldn't.

 

"Unnie," Yoona called out carefully.

 

Taeyeon broke out of her trance and smiled apologetically at the younger girl seated across her. "Sorry, I spaced out. What is it?"

 

"Unnie, why are you still single?"

 

She was taken aback by the blunt question. Why was she still single? Because the person I love couldn't return my feelings.

 

"Aye, what's with that question?" Taeyeon tried to laugh it off, taking a scoop of her ice-cream.

 

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or to be rude. I just- you're such a nice person so it got me thinking why you're single. There must be a lot of people vying for your attention, male or female."

 

Looking at the embarrassed girl across her, Taeyeon smiled and ruffled Yoona's hair.

 

"Yah, it's okay. Don't feel that way," she paused. "Well, I don't really mingle much and I am quite oblivious to things like that. I've never dated before and I fell in love with someone I shouldn't a while back. I guess I just haven't had the chance?"

 

"Oh?" Yoona sat up, intrigued. "Who's that person?"

 

"Someone I'm no longer contacting."

 

Sensing the change of mood, Yoona changed the subject and no longer touched on topics like this. Taeyeon was touched and appreciative of such a kind gesture of the younger girl. They continued talking until it was time for the shop to close.

 

She could probably lie to everyone but she couldn't lie to herself. She knew that even if she were to try hard, she'd still see Yoona as a friend and nothing more than that. She apologized to the younger girl and the latter grinned, saying that she felt the same. Their conversations and interaction felt more like friends and sisters rather than lovers. They decided not to take a step further, to try how it would eventually turn out, so they would remain as friends.

 

"Do you want to come over to grab that DVD you're interested in? My place is quite near here. I can send you back home afterwards," she suggested.

 

"Free ride back home? Count me in," Yoona joked.

 

Taeyeon shook her head at the kid-like behavior and smiled to herself. Even if we can't be something more, it's nice enough to gain a new friend out of it.

 

---

 

The lift door opened and Taeyeon stepped out with Yoona following her at the back. She turned the corner and stopped in her tracks when she saw someone crouching beside her door.

 

The poor girl behind wasn't expecting the sudden stop so she bumped into Taeyeon, holding onto her arm to balance herself at the abrupt stop. "Unnie~ why did you stop suddenly?"

 

Taeyeon could feel her heart beating erratically inside her chest as the person stood up slowly at the commotion, her eyes meeting hers.

 

"T-Tiffany," she called out.

 

Taeyeon saw how Tiffany's eyes travelled from herself to the person behind her, then at her arm. She gulped, totally not expecting to see the brunette outside her door.

 

"Unnie, I think I'll grab the DVD from you another day," Yoona whispered, cowering in fear at the daggers the lady called Tiffany was shooting at her through her eyes.

 

Taeyeon turned her head around and nodded. "Okay. Sorry about it."

 

Yoona smiled and bowed politely at Tiffany before making her way towards the lift.

 

Taeyeon took small steps forward and stopped at an arm's reach from Tiffany.

 

"Hi," she greeted, her eyes taking in the changes of the brunette. Her jawline seemed even more distinct now and she looked like she would break at any moment. What have you been doing for the past month, Tiffany? Why didn't you take good care of yourself?

 

She scratched her nose awkwardly as Tiffany did not reply the greeting. "Um, let's talk inside?" She asked as she fumbled with her keys to open the door.

 

Taeyeon got into her apartment and took off her shoes. She heard Tiffany closing the door and she turned around, wanting to give the brunette the in-house slippers but Tiffany turned her around instead and pushed her against the door. It didn't hurt at all but Taeyeon gasped in shock the moment her back slammed onto the door.

 

Tiffany had her hands on Taeyeon's shoulder and was looking at her with an unreadable expression. The blonde wasn't sure what happened or went wrong that made Tiffany all riled up. Before she could react, Tiffany leaned in and captured Taeyeon's lips in hers.

 

Her brain had shut down the moment their lips touched. Her eyes widened and she tried to struggle but Tiffany pressed her body to Taeyeon's, locking her in place with both her hands on either side of Taeyeon's face. The brunette was kissing her fervently and she could hardly breathe. Instinctively, her arms went around Tiffany's waist, placing them gently on either sides. Her hands shook at the contact and she could feel the latter shuddering at the touch.

 

She closed her eyes and tried her best to follow Tiffany's lead. Her eyes sprung open when she felt the tip of the brunette's tongue on her lips. She immediately pushed Tiffany away by her shoulder. She blinked a couple of times and touched her lips. Dammit, what the hell just happened?! That was my first kiss!

 

Tiffany looked like she was about to pounce on Taeyeon and the latter put her hand out to stop her. "Yah!" She shouted. "What are you trying to do?!"

 

Tiffany halted her steps immediately as tears clouded her eyes. "Taeyeon-ah," she choked on her tears as she squatted down like she had lost all energy.

 

Tiffany's voice was shaking and Taeyeon could feel her own batch of tears in her eyes. What is it that made her so emotional? She took small steps towards Tiffany and crouched down beside her, taking her hands off her face.

 

"Hey-" she softened her tone, "-what's wrong? Why are you crying? I'm sorry I shouted. I- I was just shocked."

 

Tiffany sobbed harder and Taeyeon threw caution to the wind and embraced the brunette, patting her back gently to soothe her. "It's okay," she whispered, "cry it all out. You'll feel better after this."

 

The first thought Taeyeon had was that Tiffany broke up with the guy she saw her with at the club. Or that he wasn't what Tiffany thought he was. She couldn't bring herself to think that Tiffany had been taken advantage of because she was sure she would kill the guy.

 

Tiffany was holding onto Taeyeon like she was her lifeline. The blonde could only let her do as she pleases. Still a er when it comes to Tiffany, I see. When will you really get over her, Taeyeon?

 

After making sure that Tiffany’s sobs died down, Taeyeon leaned away slightly to see a very disheveled Tiffany. She almost burst out laughing at the cute sight but chose to wipe Tiffany's tears away with her thumb.

 

"Aigoo, what is it that made you so sad? Why are you crying like that?" She asked as gently as she could. It was as if Tiffany would break down again if she were to raise her voice.

 

Tiffany sniffed and wiped the remaining tears off her face using the back of her hand. "I'm sorry."

 

"There's no need for you to-"

 

"I'm sorry I broke your heart, Taeyeon," Tiffany interjected, her voice shaking and her lips quivered. She bit her bottom lip, trying hard not to burst out crying again.

 

"Oh." Taeyeon quietened down as she stared into the pair of mesmerizing eyes. She knew? How? That kiss just now... does this mean that... but it couldn't be. "What was that kiss about? Do you feel sorry for me so you kissed me?" Taeyeon could feel her anger rising. If it was all because of pity, she'd be so upset. But other than pity, what else was there?

 

"Do you still love me, Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked, ignoring Taeyeon's question.

 

Taeyeon was in turmoil. Nothing made sense. From when she saw Tiffany outside her door until now, none of it made sense. How did she know where I live? Why is she here? Why did she kiss me? How did she know about my feelings for her? What's the purpose of all this? Could it be that she felt something for me too? But she said she don't do relationship. What if she wants to be friends with benefits? Should I succumb to my desire and go with it or reject her?

 

Tiffany placed her palm on Taeyeon's cheek and caressed softly. "Taeyeon-ah, I- I like you."

 

The blonde gasped and let go of Tiffany, falling on her . "W-what did you just say?"

 

Tiffany gulped and looked straight into Taeyeon’s eyes. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realize and accept it."

 

"Are you drunk?" She asked stupidly, frowning at the sudden confession although her heart was beating erratically. It's obvious she didn’t drink. You guys kissed just now and you didn't taste any alcohol, Kim Taeyeon. So Fany-ah, what are you trying to do?

 

"I am perfectly sober. Why don't you believe me?" Tiffany sounded exasperated.

 

"I must be dreaming then." She shook her head, still not believing the words that came out of Tiffany's mouth. A very realistic dream.

 

"Taeyeon-ah-" Tiffany called out and left a chaste kiss on Taeyeon's lips, "-I like you."

 

"H-how- what..." she stuttered, still not fully registering what just happened. Is it real? Does she really like me? "B-but you don't do relationship! What do you want from me? I don't think- I don't think I can do friends with benefits."

 

"Would you give me a chance to try? To try to love you the same way. I've been hurt badly before so I don't do relationships but if it's you... I think I can. Let me try, Taeyeon-ah."

 

Tiffany looked and sounded so sincere Taeyeon almost believed her. Almost. "Are you playing with me?"

 

"Of course not!" Tiffany screamed. "What should I do to let you believe me? I really like you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. It feels so weird without you around and it felt as if I lost a part of me."

 

Taeyeon sighed and rubbed her face. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be skeptical but try to look at things from my point of view. First you tell me you don't do relationship then you chose to side with the guy, ignoring me when I thought I was saving you from trouble. And now you appear out of nowhere a month later and tell me you like me? What do you take me for? Am I a rebound? Did he break your heart? Is that it? I'm someone you can use to heal your broken heart?" She could feel tears in her eyes as each word she spoke stabbed her heart. To her, it seemed like the truth. She felt so worthless and Tiffany's out of her reach.

 

"NO! I- there's nothing going on between me and George! I'm not taking you as a rebound, Taeyeon." Tiffany grabbed both of Taeyeon's hand. "Please believe me. I- I didn’t look for you earlier because I wasn't sure of my feelings. I wanted to sort it all out before approaching you. And I am sure I feel something for you. You don't have to accept me now. But at least give me a chance to win you back? Even if you don't love me anymore. I'll try to make you fall for me again."

 

"Are you really serious?" She looked at her, still skeptical.

 

"Hundred percent," she replied with determination and nodded her head.

 

Taeyeon sighed and stood up, reaching a hand out to help the brunette up. "Alright, I'll think about it. It's late, let's get you home."

 

"So you're willing to consider giving me a chance?" Tiffany reached for Taeyeon's hand and pulled herself up.

 

She nodded her head. "Just one, Fany. I don't think I can take another blow. You might really kill me if it happens."

 

"Don't worry, there won't be another." She sighed in relief. "Thank you."

 

Taeyeon gave her a small smile and allowed Tiffany to hold onto her arm as they walked. She could feel that the brunette was being careful and whatever happened in the apartment was making her heart do funny things. She wasn't sure if she made the right decision but she knew her heart still yearned for Tiffany.

 

If I could trust her, and if she's serious, then please let this be real. Let her be mine. No more heartbreak. Let me experience this thing called love.

 

---

 

Taeyeon unblocked Tiffany's number from her phone and the text messages and frequent calls resumed. It was almost as if nothing happened. She's still skeptical but Tiffany was slowly breaking her walls. The brunette never once initiated any intimate contact like hugging or kissing but she would hold onto Taeyeon's arm or to hook their arms together as they walked.

 

The blonde didn't mind the contact though. She liked the way people looked at them like they were made for each other. Or they were just jealous of how good they looked, standing beside each other. Either way, Taeyeon was proud.

 

She knew Tiffany was trying to take baby steps, subtly proving to her that she's still interested in her but she did not once hint of anything- of whether she would fully and officially accept the brunette or not. She just let Tiffany do as she pleases. She's still holding back a little and it wasn't fair for Tiffany but she's afraid of falling again.

 

It's been almost half a year since Tiffany confessed that night and Taeyeon would be lying if she said she's not touched at the things she did for her. She knew how badly Tiffany liked to make new friends but the brunette only took up a few requests. She spent most of her time with Taeyeon and it felt as if they were seeing each other exclusively but they were not. At least not yet.

 

Taeyeon would still get jealous at attractive men and women who sent Tiffany requests. But the latter would always make it a point to explain that it's all platonic, or she'd invite Taeyeon to go along with her.

 

It was a lot to ask for, Taeyeon knew. But she was being so possessive and a jealous freak that she's starting to dislike herself. Tiffany did so much for her and yet here she was, doubting her. Maybe she really meant it when she said she likes me, she thought to herself and a smile slowly spread on her face.

 

She was never able to forget Tiffany so the feelings she had for the brunette did not lessen a bit. It's about time to stop playing games. It's time to officially make Tiffany hers.

 

Looking at her phone, an idea popped up in her head and she immediately went to re-download the app she deleted several months ago. It's time for me to do something for us. Fany-ah, thank you for putting in the effort for the past half a year. Take a break now, I'll take the remaining steps. Wait for me.

 

---

 

"So you guys are together? Just like that?" Sunny asked the couple seated across her.

 

"What do you mean just like that?" Taeyeon asked, eyeing her best friend.

 

"I thought there'd be more dramas before you guys become official," she joked.

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon threw the unused napkin across the table.

 

Sunny laughed while Tiffany had a small smile on her face, slightly bashful, slightly awed at Taeyeon's protective grip on her hand under the table.

 

Right after Taeyeon asked Tiffany to be her girlfriend, which the latter agreed almost instantly, the couple called Sunny out the day after to break the news to her. They weren't expecting this kind of reaction from Sunny but it didn't matter. All that mattered was the two of them, and they didn’t need another person's inputs.

 

"Whatever it is, I am happy for the both of you." Sunny turned to Tiffany and made a stern face. "Taeyeon is very innocent and gullible, and I'm entrusting her to you. Please take good care of her and don't break her heart again. It was so horrible to watch her being so depressed."

 

"Sunny!" Taeyeon hissed, embarrassed that Sunny brought out the past. "You didn't have to say that."

 

"I will take good care of her. You have my word, Sunny. I will make sure to be extra careful with her," Tiffany replied, looking at Sunny straight in the eyes to show her seriousness and sincerity. "She's my priority now."

 

Both Taeyeon and Sunny were stunned by Tiffany's determined tone. Sunny had a small smile on her face while Taeyeon blushed, lightly squeezing Tiffany's hand.

 

"Good. That's all I need to know. You're her first love, Tiffany. And I hope you'd be the last."

 

Taeyeon pouted as Sunny and Tiffany talked like she wasn't there. It was so awkward to be seen as the weak one although it was the truth. She was secretly glad for Sunny because her friend knew her best. She knew that Taeyeon needed some form of confirmation or promise from Tiffany to put her heart at ease. It still felt very surreal for her- that she's with Tiffany and she kind of broke through the walls the brunette built up to protect her heart. Tiffany once said she's not into relationships but she was the one who made the first move.

 

"I hope I'm her last too." Tiffany turned to Taeyeon and smiled sweetly, effectively melting the blonde's heart.

 

Taeyeon wanted to kiss Tiffany then and there but she managed to control herself. She didn't want to give a free show to Sunny and other onlookers. She made a mental note to herself to kiss Tiffany senseless once they're alone to convey how touched she felt by her sincere words.

 

"Alright-" Sunny stood up, breaking the intense eye contact the couple had, "-it's time for me to leave this place and let you be as yucky as you want."

 

The couple blushed and bid Sunny goodbye before leaving the cafe hand in hand.

 

"It feels good to be able to hold your hand like that," Taeyeon said, pulling Tiffany closer, making their shoulders bump together.

 

Tiffany giggled and tightened her hold on Taeyeon's hand. "It feels good to finally have you by my side."

 

"We need to go back to my apartment as quickly as possible." Taeyeon quickened her pace, pulling Tiffany along.

 

"Why? You have something you forgot to do?" Tiffany pouted and followed her girlfriend.

 

She thought that they could go somewhere else to take a walk before heading back for the movie they agreed to watch at Taeyeon's. Taeyeon preferred indoors while she preferred outdoors, therefore they would often compromise. They must at least spend half a day outdoors in exchange for half a day indoors.

 

"So that I can kiss you," Taeyeon replied shyly. "I wanted to do that just now in the cafe but there were people around. I feel like kissing you whenever you say things which made my heart flutter. I can feel your love for me, and I want you to know that I appreciate what you've done and said. They say I must show my love through words or actions, and actions speak louder than words so I am going to kiss you once we get back."

 

Tiffany's cheeks turned pink and she kept her head low, biting on her bottom lip to stop herself from grinning. They say Taeyeon's innocent and did not have any experience prior to this relationship but how could she say things like that, without knowing the impact they have on the intended party? Tiffany shook her head and smiled to herself. Taeyeon's definitely one of a kind, and she'd never let her go.

 

---

 

Because it was Seohyun's goodbye stage today, and Tiffany had her first IG live, so I was kinda distracted the whole day.

 

Last part should be out by end of this month. It will cover whatever loopholes of this chapter. At least those I could think of.

 

Thanks for the comments and for subscribing. And thank you for waiting patiently for the update. (: Comments/feedbacks/criticisms are welcome. Just leave a comment or private message.

 

-E