For Survival Purposes

Taeny 365

2

 

For Survival Purposes

 

 

Second day and the last day of the New Year’s holiday, fuzzy hair and grumpy frown, Taeyeon really made use of her last off-work day by waking up at 11—an hour to the midday. It has been a tough job closing and opening the year for her. From dinner with her family back in the town she was born, office party, taking her girlfriend for a countless year end shopping, and of course, endless driving due to her self-proclaimed ‘best driver you’ll ever meet’ title which she might regret at some points.

She finally came out of her den with a loud yawn, stretching her stiffen body after a long half-day of sleep while moving to the kitchen to get herself a warm cup of morning coffee. Tiptoeing and reaching out for a cup in the hanging cabinet, she pulled out a random cup that came to her touch the first.

It turned out to be the one in pink—an insanely pinkest pink ever. Her face scrunched up with the thought of going blind due to the color she had a love and hate relationship with. She personally despise the color. But she knew she had to put up with it the moment she asked her ultimate college crush out.

As she shrug it off, she put it down on the kitchen countertop, and dragged her steps to the coffee machine sitting on the other side of the kitchen. When she was there, she pulled a note off its top. It said,

 

There’s a huge possibility that you’ll forget where I’m off to. Hence, this will remind you. I’m off for shopping and brunch with the girls. Be home before 4. Gon’ take you out for dinner so you better wash that hair of yours that you haven’t wash in a year! ;)

Check the back of this paper, there’s a little something for you.

Simply for survival purposes only.

 

xo, Tiff.

 

Turning the small piece of paper, her smile of the day was made. She could imagine her girlfriend's giggle writing the note and sticking a wrinkled free food coupon for her. Seems outdated, but still valid.

There, stuck a smaller piece of beaten up and washed paper in red, with a printed picture of french fries, saying, ‘Free Regular Fries’.