Why Him?

Taeny 365

3

 

Why Him?

 

It was an hour to dinner time when Taeyeon pulled up her car in the front yard. Taeyeon immediately squinted her eyes in suspicion looking at the slightly opened door to her house. She then clicked her seatbelt open and reached to the backseat where she kept her baseball bat under—just in case there was something that worth her swing.

“Do you think we should just call the cops?” The woman in the passanger seat said worriedly as she stopped Taeyeon from going out of the car. Slightly squeezing the hand that grabbed her arm, Taeyeon smiled to assure her. “Please do, if I don’t come back here in 5 minutes.”

“Taeyeon, honey, I’m worried about the kids too! What if—“

“Then let me check it out first, babe.” She smiled again though she was actually started to shed cold sweat under her coat. “We’ll be okay. I got this.” Raising her bat up, she was then pulled by her coat’s collar. “Since when did my house fairy became this brave?” Feeling a kiss against her lips, she smiled wider before she pulled back slightly just to lean in for another brief one.

“Since I married this awesome girl named Tiffany and have beautiful children on our own.”

“Such a sweetheart you are.”

And another kiss.

“But you better hurry up cos it’s getting more creepy.”

“Right. You’re absolutely right.”

 

They both ended up tiptoeing their way into their house, with the bat raised up infront of Taeyeon whom Tiffany was clinging onto behind. It was all fine, until they stepped into the living room. Taeyeon who seen it first gulped down when she saw an unfamilliar man’s top of the head over the sofa’s arm rest. They walked closer, and they saw his , on top of..

 “WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING TO MY DAUGHTER?!?!”

She heard gasps and saw a face that really resembled her own. A teenage version of her. Face burning in red due to being caught red handed. The girl swiftly took her sweater off the ground and hushed to the shirtless guy, telling him to put his shirt on. But he didn’t seem to care as he rose from the chair and walked with a huge hug to the shocked older couple.

“Heeeeey frickin awesome to meet you Mrs. Kim- woah!” He cut his own sentence in a shocked scream as Taeyeon who was still as shocked almost swung her bat in reflect when the guy tried to hug her.

“Umma, no! It’s okay! he’s my boyfriend.” Taeyeon finally got her composure back when her daughter jumped in the scene, hugging the guy’s tattoed arm. There were too much tattoos, that Taeyeon was focusing too hard at each that she didn’t really hear what her daughter said. Until she saw a certain eye-catching one on the left part of his chest

“Is that a tattoo of my daughter’s face? That’s a picture of my daughter’s face... on your chest?!” Taeyeon said in disbelief as she stepped closer while squinting her eyes.

“Oh, this? I got it on the first week we met. She’s so beautiful that I couldn’t help to have her face on my body forever. Right. On. My. Heart.” He proudly announced while tapping his own chest where the tattoo was located, along with alphabets forming the name ‘Irene’ under the picture. And oh, not to mention the arrowed heart behind. “Cool isn’t it, Mrs. Kim? High five dude!”

His hand was raised up for a high five, but being caught off guard once again, Taeyeon almost swung her bat if her daughter didn’t stop her. Again.

“Umma! Put that bat away, will you?”

“No, you put that guy away from you, Irene Kim.”

“Umma! How can you say that? Don’t you remember you told me to bring my boyfriend home for dinner?”

Taeyeon ran around her thoughts to find a memory of her own mouth saying that. It was until Tiffany slightly leaned in closer, whispered, “You did, honey. I was there.”

Finally remembering, flustered, Taeyeon could only let out an awkward ‘oh’.

Whispering back to her wife, she said, “But she said he’s the cutest ever, didn’t she? Don’t think this is the one.” Tiffany lightly slapped her by her arm in response, telling her to behave as she knew how protective she could be when their daughter is involved.

“Mommy, umma?” The youngest girl in the living room broke the silence and tried to lead a better conversation she dreamt of. Instead of countless swings of her umma’s bat.

“Meet my boyfriend..”

With a smile, the man offered his hand for a handshake as he said, “Mayhew. Laird Mayhew.”

Once again, Taeyeon was entangled in her thoughts, feeling familiar with the name.

“What..?” Softly she muttered to herself, trying to remember where she heard that name before.

“It’s Laird Mayhew, Mrs. Kim.”

“Laird.. Mayhew.. Laird Mayhew.” She kept on muttering the name to herself, until

“LAIRD MAYHEW- WHAT?!?!”

 

 

 

“Geez, Taeyeon.. No need to be so grumpy.. Screaming ‘what’ to me that loud...”

Taeyeon opened her eyes to her room’s ceiling. Looking at the clock on her nightstand, it showed few minutes pass 2 in the morning. Looking on the other side, she saw her wife’s sleepy face that was nuzzled to her shoulder.

“..just go and change Irene’s diaper. It’s your turn now.”

Then Taeyeon heard a baby’s cry from the room next door and the soft snore from the woman that snuggled even closer to her. It took her a solid 5 seconds to register what was happening.

Until she exhaled in relief after she was sure that it was her 8 month old baby crying, informing her parents that she just dropped the bomb.

 

It was just a nightmare. A horrible one.

 

"Sorry, babe." Taeyeon apologetically kissed her sleeping wife’s forehead as she caressed her baby bump, receiving a sleepy hum from the latter. When she finally left the bed and to the room next door, she mentally took notes for explaining the scream to her wife the first thing tomorrow morning, and also:

A better movie choice.

 

She still wanted to enjoy changing diapers and her baby’s drool all over her favorite t-shirts.

 

Oh, how waking up in the wee small hours of the morning just to change her baby’s diaper had never felt so good.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watched the movie earlier today and it still cracks me up whenever I think about it xD