The Bus Stop

Taeny 365

(kinda inspired from TY's 11th Dec insta story)

 

4

 

The Bus Stop

 

For the nth time that night, Tiffany shed a tear that she quickly wiped off. Sometimes she couldn’t held in her sob, sometimes she couldn’t stop a particular face appearing in her mind.

On the second bus stop she passed, she tried to hide her teary face by looking out of the window, and covering with her palm as people passed by, getting on the bus and marked their seats.

The next, few people left, one or two boarded.

She was occupying the seat exactly on the middle row of the bus. Since the night was getting old, there were a lot of void. But this person who just boarded on the third or fourth stop, chose the exact seat behind her, skipping one row in between.

The night had grown older, and she was thinking about a slam of the white door, back when she was out of the house. Her house, their house. She remembered the breath she took as she rushed her steps on the sidewalk where a bus stop was located down the street. The bus that took her away from a place she usually call home.

That home, was where she belong.

She didn’t know what made her so sure to leave.

But she guessed, maybe it was because of her screams, her tears, and her heart.

Or maybe, just for a moment.. She was just trying to get away from her. Even though she knew that she couldn’t.

 

“Ladies, the next stop is the last. Aren’t you getting off?”

 

Then she realized that it was only her left. And by the rustle from the two rows behind her, she knew that it were only her, and the person in a black hood.

No, it wasn’t her stop. But she stopped there.

Around the cold night air and under the bright stars, she continued to leave her footprints on a few streets. The ones that will lead her home.

And that person from the two rows behind her in the bus, was keeping 20 steps behind her now.

 

Like usual, that person always walk her home.

Until that wasn’t the case. Because they will come home together.

 

The last time she heard her front door closed, it was a harsh bang when she slammed it close.

But now, it was just a silent click.

And a sigh. Tiffany heard a sigh.

She turned to face her, and she found her teary eyes under the hood that she pulled off her head.

They used to hug after she walked her home.  So once again Tiffany did, though usually she can hug her whenever she wanted.

They put their arms around each other in silence, only a few sniffs and sobs were left.

They were almost out of words because of their disagreement that turned disastrous when the night was younger.

But somehow, they will always find a way for each other.

For now, a word of apology was what was needed.

And of course, a few words of realization of what they did.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol ok day 9 and I can see that I'm failing this Taeny 365.