Chapter Eight

Immure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Act I: Lullaby Chapter Eight

" Uuugghh, this is so boring." Darya commented, eyes darting around at the emotionless faces of everybody seated to the grand banquet hall. Her comment didn't erupt a response and she just pouted relaxing back into her chair. The grandfather clock chimed through the inpregnant silence that filled the room. The sounds of Sehun's fingers pulling apart the stuck together pages of his book could be heard as he ignored the tension. Luhan's eyes bore daggers into Darya's skull from his seat directly across from her. Adalei keep her eyes focused on the revealing dress that she was forced to wear instead of the clothes she protested to keep.

" Mistress, you must get changed." Kyungsoo pleaded eyeing the brutually disheveled outfit she had on her body. Well, If he could call it an outfit. The fabric was tattered and huge like loose flesh revealing areas not to be seen by just anyone. The beautiful color was stained in a gloomy brown and black.

"I'm not wearing anything he bought." She huffed looking at the wide open wardrobe filled with what she deemed to be even more revealing attire. " This is unconstitutional."

Kyungsoo ignored her simply moving past her and searching through the closet for something of taste. Grabbing a green sleeveless dress that happened to be transparent silk. It flowed to the bottom of her feet with a bold green slip that reached the knee underneath. " You will wear this."

"No. I'm not wearing that. That ert will not see me in any of those horrid concoctions." Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed as his voice dripped in annoyance.

"There will be people there of higher class. Which would you rather wear - the elegant dress or the ragged rags from the forest that happens to be even more revealing." He challenged.

Yixing simply finished another bite of his delighteful meal. The banquet was nothing short of spectacular and left Adalei in awe just like the other rooms she explored. She didn't get to marvel at it to long when she first was escorted in by the threatening knights, because she realised all eyes were on her and she quickly rushed into her seat. She had decided focusing on the tiny embrodiery that was sewn into her dress when she felt the harsh gaze of the man that had almost let his rabid dogs eat her alive. She was actually overjoyed when Kyungsoo said people of higher class had come to the castle. She thought they would be her escape when she told them her story, but it seems tha they all follow his orders obediently.

She was stuck like chuck.

"More wine." Sehun said not taking his eyes off the reading while holding the wine glass up for the servant to pour him another glass. Darya had picked at her food until yixing said something about the annoying scrapping of her golden fork agains the plate.

" With all due respect" Luhan sarcastically mumbled. " What is the point of sitting and eating together like one big gigantic family if we're only going to sit in complete silence." he tsked. " A waste of my time."

"You see anything as a waste of time, Luhan." Sehun sassed back. "But, then again you do have a point." Sehun acknowleged.

Darya sighed again, taking the napkin from her lap and placing it on the table. Scooting her chair back to get up. " Well, since it seems nothing much is going to be happening. I'll just excuse mys-"

"Sit." Yixing commanded. "No one is leaving until she eats."

Adalei felt all eyes shift to her and her anxiety in this situation rose. Yixing smirked and leaned back at the success of the plan he had mapped out in his head. Of course, no one whould utter a word to each other unless it was jabs and blows. Luhan despised Darya, Sehun wanted no part in the matter and poor Adalei knew nothing about the people in the room. He knew eventually someone would get agitated enough to get up and leave. The tension was a heavy fog weighing down on everyone's chests. Once she says that the freedom of others was controlled strickly by her need to follow his command, she would eventually give in. She was too nice. Although she tries hard to prove she's a cunning and ferocious as him, she was close to cracking. She was simply the beta and he the Alpha. She will crack under the pressure and eventually eat her meal.

" Here he goes again, selfishly dragging us into one of his schemes." Sehun flipped a page.

"If she eats her food, everyone can go."

" And if she doesn't" Luhan spat.

"Than we stay here until hell freezes over." Yixing spat back. Luhan's eyes pierced through her and her heart dropped into her gut. " YOU. EAT. NOW." she gulped.

She stared down at the plate of food. It did look particularly appetizing. felt parched just from looking at it. The tomatoes were a rich red, freshly picked. The steak was still simmering with flavor she could smell. The juices of the oils mixing with the seasoning slid down the meat. The potatoes looked scrumptious and ready to be devoured.She looked up at the sinister face of her capture who looked all to pleased with himself and her feelings towards the food had changed. She shook her head.

"No."

Luhan growled.

'Defiant again, I see.' Yixing thought to himself. He will make her squirm, but of course the whole reason she won;t eat is because she deems him the big bad wolf. Tonight, he will let his brothers and Darya do the bloody work.

"Fine." He Shrugged. "But, the more you protest the more I take away." He threatened.

A knight that guarded the wall closest to sehun walked up ripping the book from his hands ignoring the protestful 'hey' that was yelled in his direction and a knight took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter