we're just friends (for now)

i love you, noona.

he was tossing and turning trying to think of what to text her. "should i greet her good morning? or should i say something else?", its been such a dilemma for him for about an hour now. good thing it was the weekend. he decides not to get up from bed. then, he finally sends shi yeon a message saying, "good morning, noona. had a great week so far? ~min woo :)". he wonders if she'll reply, since he knows how busy she is with her different jobs.

afterwards, he stretches for a little while, like he usually does after he gets up from bed. he's such a monster dancer. that's also one of the many reasons why he's so popular in school. but despite his popularity, no girl who walked the school grounds had ever caught his eye, not once. girls only see him, they're never able to get close to him or touch him by accident. plus, he does not prefer the company of girls that much. he has a sister, however, who is older than him by 3 years. she is currently attending university, and that is the reason why min woo is always left alone at home.

he lets out a big sigh as he thinks of something he can do that won't bore him too much. "it's such a drag being alone like this. now if i could only find something to do before i decide to doze off again. it's so boring!" just then, he heard his phone's message tone. "i gotta see if that's her.", he giddily reaches for his phone. "oh, it's mom.", he types and tells her he's okay and that he's already eaten. another message came, but this time it wasn't his mom. the message reads, "oh, hi. good morning to you as well. yeah, so-so. work, work, work. how about you min wooya?~shi yeon noona :)" he takes in a deep breath and, yet again, smiles like crazy.

he hears a knock from outside the door. "who could it be this time?", he wonders. "hyeong-a! what brings you here?", he asks. "i just remembered, it's eun-bin's (eun-bin is min woo's older sister.) birthday today isn't it? i'll drop this off, tell auntie my greetings and send my regards to your sister.", dong hyeon explains. "but why are you in a hurry, hyeong-a?", min woo questioned. "i have a date to go to. you wouldn't wanna disappoint a girl now, would you? well then, gotta go."

after dong hyeon took off, something was bothering min woo's mind. "is he going out on a date with...shi yeon noona?". "why are you thinking of stuff like these? remember, he's your hyeong. and she told you to be friends with her. don't expect anything more than that. you have to hold back your feelings so that no one gets hurt."

he spends a whole day at home, alone. games, food, drinks, television. he did all of these things by himself. oh, and not to forget. he was sending a message or two to shi yeon for every couple of hours. he looked very eager in anticipating her every reply. but one caught his attention in particular. "uhm. i'm here with donghyeon oppa. want to join us? ~shi yeon noona :)", this totally let him down for some reason. he felt shot in the heart. he responds with a fake smile and politely declines.

well, so much for 'first love'. i guess this is just not for me yet. he crosses his arms and jumps on the couch with the remote on his hand. his phone's message tone goes off again. it's a message from shi yeon. "just got home. whatcha doin'?~shi yeon noona :)", there was only half a smile on his face. he's not quite sure if he's supposed to be happy or not. "friends should be happy when their friends are happy, too. i'll be happy for her from now on."

he slept thereafter. but very weirdly, he must have been so exhausted to have been able to sleep for almost 2 days. damn, he didn't even feel like taking a piss. guess he's still lovesick. he can't get over it that easily.

the following Monday:

he rode his bike to school and went along with the twins. but curious kwang min saw a rather familiar face through the glass windows of the convenience store. "hey, isn't that shi yeon noona?", he yells. "yeah, i think it's her. that's her alright.", young min confirms. "why don't you go see her, dude? she looks lonely, too."

"she's hyeong's girl. i don't need to do that. it's his job anyway.", min woo angrily speaks up. "man, you're not over her, aren't you? you can't hide that you know?", young min tries to advice min woo. "we're just friends. she said so. i can't do anything about that anymore. :|"

"if you really want her, you don't just go ahead and give her up that easily. you should do everything you can to make her love you back.", young min opposes min woo.

"i don't know. i don't think i'll do anything for now. it's too early. everything came by so fast. it's too overwhelming.", min woo calmly answers.

"aaak! i forgot. our math homework is due today. i hate math!", min woo's so frustrated and puts his hand on his forehead.

"that's not the reason! you're lying to us again. you're monster at math, how could you forget it just like that? tell us the truth. you were so crazy over her , right?", kwang min disappointedly points out.

min woo heads straight to the library with his trusted pen and paper, trying his best to complete the math homework he forgot to do over the weekend.

"poor min wooya. he's too damn smart, but his heart's...well, otherwise.", youngmin sadly expresses his sympathy for his friend because of his love problem.

min woo hustles to finish his homework on time. he missed his p.e class. he returned just in time for math class, and...completed his homework? yes. of course he did, he always gets everything done on time. he can do everything, excellently. as usual, he got a perfect score. isn't he so perfect? uhmm. at anything else besides confessing to the girl he loves, definitely. but his weaknesses are his very shy personality and his excessive obedience towards people older than him. he's a son every parent could only wish for. obedience is good, however, too much of a good thing is always bad. 

he can't freely voice out his true feelings for shi yeon because of his respect for his hyeong. depriving himself of true love because he doesn't want to go against the will of his hyeong. when will he be strong enough to try and win shi yeon's heart?


*back to school, sorry for the slow update. but i'll try to update more despite my crammed schedule. :3