picking up something to eat at the convenience store

i love you, noona.

what a nice Monday morning it is for everyone. well, everyone except for No min-woo. like any typical high school kid, he loves to eat, play and sleep. and he hates Mondays and school (don't most of us?) 

"aaaaaahhhhh!", he stretches after he wakes up. he grabs a towel and makes his way to the bathroom and take a bath. he then brushes his perfect teeth clean and white. he brushes up his hair using only his fingers to put them into place.

"i'm hungry", he mumbles. he strode to the kitchen and checked out the fridge for breakfast.

"nooooo!", he yells out in despair. there's no more food left in the fridge and his parents went to work early in the morning. he sets off for school, but not until he gets his breakfast. he heads out straight to the coffee shop, but it was still closed. this was the first time he missed breakfast at home for the whole year, so it was kinda new to him. the only store open that sells food is the convenience store across the school. he walks over and enters.

his tummy's already grumbling out of hunger as he made his way to the entrance. no surprise, he bolted straight to the meals section and got himself a hefty amount of food to fill up his tummy with. he was about to pay up when he looked up and saw the cashier. she's so pretty and her smile was oh so very radiant and bright. he found himself shivering while handing over his payment to her.

"here's your change, sir. 50 cents.", she smiles as she gives the change and touched min woo's hand unintentionally.

"oh, i'm sorry, sir.", she could feel min woo's hands shake but decides to carry on.

min woo slowly walks away with his eyes glued to that cashier. he sat on the table and ate alone. "i'd like to get to know her, she's cute and she looks kind, too." he tells himself. daydreaming he was indeed, while eating his breakfast. but just as he felt the need to look at his wristwatch. he was almost late. so he swallowed too much and was choking.

the cashier saw this and approached him. she brought a glass of water upon seeing this. "are you alright, sir?", she asks after min woo drank the water.

"yeah, it's okay. i'm fine now, thank you.", he responds with a sincere smile on his face. he was actually smiling because he saw her pretty face a little more up-close. he had no choice but to leave so he won't be late for school. although in his mind, he wanted to spend more time looking at her.

"min woo ya!", a classmate yells out. "are you still on earth? we're talking to you and you're looking somewhere else. are you daydreaming?"

"oh that, no. it's nothing.", he replies. yeah, the boy's mind was stuck on the pretty face of the cashier in the convenience store he just came from.

after classes ended, min woo walks home. he sees Kim dong-hyeon, his next-door neighbor for 10 years and his hyeong.

"hyeong-a!", min woo calls out in a rather lively mood. "dongsaeng?", dong hyeon speaks as he approaches.

"hey there lil'  bro, you look like you're in a great mood today, huh?", dong hyeon asks.

"well, kinda.", min woo chuckles in a child-like tone. "did you do something cooky in school again? is that the reason why you look  so happy?", dong hyeon responds with a suspicious look in his eyes.

"no, hyeong. what makes you think that? it's because of something else. something that just makes me happy."

"i can't think of another reason you could be this happy besides playing those foolish pranks on your classmates. you're still a boy.", dong hyeon answers.

min woo let it pass and kept everything to his youthful self. "by the way, are you headed somewhere, hyeong-a?", min woo asks.

"yeah, i'll pick up a bottle of milk from the store. we ran out of it. wanna join me?", dong hyeon replies.

min woo and dong hyeon made their way to the store dong hyeon was talking about. surprising enough, it was the same convenience store where min woo saw the pretty-faced cashier in the morning. he acts like it's cool, when dong hyeon went to the cashier and talked to her.

"hi, shi yeon. how's it been for you lately?", donghyeon asks the cashier girl. min woo stands beside his hyeong and shi yeon notices him and remembers.

"hey, aren't you that boy who was choking on a piece of chicken this morning?", she quickly opens up.

"you know him?", dong hyeon asks.

"not really, but it was kinda funny though. he ate breakfast here earlier this morning.", she smiles shyly.

"shi yeon, this is No min-woo, my next-door neighbor.", dong hyeon turns to shi yeon.

"...and min woo, this is Hwang shi-yeon, a close friend of mine since 1st grade."

the two shook hands, and min woo was jolted with a flash of electricity in a brief instant. shi yeon, on the other hand, was smiling cutely.

dong hyeon and min woo walk home.

"isn't she the prettiest thing lil' bro? i'm gonna marry her someday. she's my dream girl.", dong hyeon rants.

"oh....yeah...she is", min woo hesitates a little.

"i've had the biggest crush on her since God knows when. and it never went away ever since.", dong hyeon happily remembers.

min woo doesn't reply to that and they go on walking until they finally reached their homes.

as min woo was approaching their kitchen:

"well, so much for that cute girl. it seems that hyeong already has his sights set on her. and they've been friends for a long time, too...", he thinks to himself.

"...wait, then how old does that make her? i'm pretty sure she's around the same age as i am, right? judging by her looks, she has got to be younger than hyeong by a lot.", he continues to fluster himself.

it seems that min woo has a crush growing on shi yeon after seeing her for just one day. but how can he face the fact that his hyeong already fell for her?


we'll find out later. i'll try to update as fast as i can, bye for now. :3