Ao's Moon - Puri

Colorful Moon (Indefinite Hiatus)

 

Narrator's pov:

 

The air ship drifted through space and slowly it neared the mint colored celestial object.

Minho's eyes were big, full amazement by not only the special color but also because it gave off a beautiful light unlike Earth's moon that reflected the light from the sun.

"Is it this color because there is green water?" the woman asked curiously, knowing that Earth got named the blue planet because of the oceans and seas.

"Puri exists out of bluegreen water, because of the micro organisms, and blue grass. Because of that, Puri came to get this color if you see it from afar. Look, that is Puri's largest ocean Nla." Jian said, her hand moving to a big mint colored ocean, the strong waves visible once they passed through Puri's atmosphere.

"The grass really is blue!" one of the two men, the taller one, gasped, his eyex fixed on a vast land that existed out of blue colored grass and trees with emerald colored leaves.

The airship flew through the sky and finally landed after what seemed like hours.

"We have arrived at Puri's royal palace." Jian's personal maid announced, looking a tthe guard who gave her a nod, opening the doors.

One by one they got out of the airship, amazed by their surroundings.

In front of them stood a beautiful palace, made out of a stone they didn't know, beautifully decorated with foreign gems. Around them they could see the blue grass, trees and exotic flowers.

Puri's princess started to walk, knowing that her guests would follow her. It was only when they arrived in a huge room did she stop, turning herself around so that she was facing everyone.

"Let's introduce ourselves. I am the princess and heir of Puri, Jian. They are my maid Sia and guard Or."

"I'm Lee Dongwook. A rookie actor." one of the men, the taller one, said, giving everyone a small smile and a wave with his right hand.

"Park Minseok, I do some jobs on working sites." the other one spoke.

Both of the men were strong looking men, yet the taller one looked softer than the second one, who probably liked to react rougher because of his work.

"You can all call me Sarah... I'm a magazine's journalist." the woman said arrogantly, not really caring enough to tell her real name to others.

"Guess it's for a tabloid or something." Minseok grumbled under his breath, slightly amazed by her great body porpotion, the red lipstick and leather heels.

"Kim Shinwoo is my name. I recently retired and am enjoying the rest I've finally gotten after so many years." the grandpa said with a smile, a soft yet warm chuckle escaping him.

The old grandpa blinked a few times before looking at Minho, like the others did. He was the only one who didn't introduce himself after all.

The young man took in a deep breath and fixed his tie a little.

"My name is Choi Minho. I'm an office worker. Nice to meet everyone." he said politely and bowed his head a little.

Jian smiled, nodding her head.

"You will all get a room in the palace. Please refrain from going out of the palace...because I can not promise what will happen to you all if you do. Though people of Puri are friendly and nice... They are quite sensitive after what happend around us and with people...from another planet here, uncomfortable things may happen." Jian warned Earth's humans, her voice stern yet clear.

Everyone nodded but Minho realized that not each of the earth's humans were that interested in the princess' warnings.

Minho followed a palace maid who asked him to follow her, taking him through the beautiful moon palace.

It was quiet yet it felt peaceful, not scary or tension filled at all.

"Is this made out of glass?" Minho muttered in question, looking at great pillars holding the palace.

"It is made out of a stone found in the seas of Puri. They're of great quality." the palace maid answered, having heard Minho even though he spoke so softly.

The office worker looked at the middle aged woman with big eyes, pressing his lips together.

"This room is for you, sir." 

Minho was taken aback by the respect he got, feeling a troubled by it.

"Y-you don't have to call me sir." he tried to laugh it away awkwardly.

The maid smiled, Minho realizing that there was a blueish shine in the maid's eyes.

The woman must have noticed Minho's staring and tilted her head a bit to the side.

"Is there something wrong, sir?"

"Ah... I... I'm sorry for looking." he blushed, slightly shaking his head. "Y-your eyes." he muttered in a whisper.

"My eyes?" the maid wondered, having heard the soft muttering of the human in front of her.

Minho, who was surprised that she even heard him, scratched his head lightly.

"Oh... We have different eye colors." the maid stated the fact, looking at his brown orbs. "People who live on Puri have silverblue eyes." the maid explained before opening the door to the guest room.

"Oh." Minho nodded his head, walked inside the room with the maid following him.

"On your left you can find the bathroom. If you have questions, you can always call for us. There will be people walking around here. You can freely walk around in the palace but please don't leave it, sir." 

Minho, who was getting goosebumps from being called sir, nodded his head and gave the maid a small smile.

The middleaged woman looked at him for a moment, seeming to want to say something but decided to not put her nose in someone else's business and gave the human a small nod.

"Enjoy your stay here." she said before turning around, getting ready to leave the room.

"I... I want to ask something." Minho quickly said, stopping the maid with his words.

The woman turned around and looked at him, waiting for him to ask his question.

"Why...are you not afraid of us...? I mean... this whole situation is very weird and somehow creepy, isn't it?"

"I am not afraid of you, sir." she maid smiled. "It is known in Puri that there is life in other galaxies. It is written in the ancient books after all. Though there is life somewhere else in the universe, we shouldn't get in contact normally. Even though people living on Puri know this, they will still be very carefull."

"You knew that life existed aside from your planet's people?"

"We live on a moon actually, Puri's planet, Ao is not a place we can live on. And yes. It is written in the ancient books."

Minho nodded, letting the new information sink in.

"Are there any more questions, sir?"

The young office worker shook his head and gave the woman another polite smile before she disappeared again.

Minho sighed heavily, looking around him, the guest room spacious and decorated with beautiful vases and silken curtains.

"Why did I even decide to do this?" he wondered to himself.

He dropped himself on the bed, the matrass feeling like he was sitting on air, so soft and light.

Minho's eyes looked down, staring at his suit, hands loosening up his tie.

The young office worker never had anything derail from his usual schedules, feeling slightly nervous because he suddenly decided to get on an UFO and go to another galaxie's moon.

A knock came on his door after a while, Minho standing up and opening the door, finding Jian in front of his room.

His eyes were slightly widened, but he tried to smile, giving the princess a light nod.

Jian smiled back, returning a respecting nod.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked after she didn't continue to speak, his eyes looking at her silverblue eyes, a kind of color that humans didn't had, not even westerners.

"I was wondering if you're hungry?" she asked.

Minho nodded ebfore thinking, not planning to stay in this room forever.

"Great. Let's go." Jian beamed, waiting for Minho to exit the room before walking again, leading him through the long halls.

Unlike the palaces he saw in the human world, where walls were beautifully patterned, decorated with paintings, vases and other expensive objects, the palace of Puri was simple.

Though simple was probably not the right word.

Even if tehre were no expensive looking things decorating the place, the beautiful gemms that created the pillars, roofs and small bridged were beautiful.

When they entered a garden, the blue color of the grass grabbed Minho's attention.

'It looks so pretty, that it feels fake.' Minho thought, walking on a stoned path that lead through the garden.

"Your world...has many high buildings." Jian said, breaking the silence.

Minho looked up before turning his head, finding Jian still smiling.

Unlike the smiled he showed people, it looked genuine and sincere.

"Most part of the world, but only in cities." Minho started to explain. "We have nature as well, though the plance you landed on not really." 

"I noticed." her clear voice sounded. "Puri is very different from Earth. We live together with the nature."

Minho nodded, realizing that just as the princess said, everything looked so untouched.

"Why is it not possible to live on Ao?" 

Jian slowed down her walk, but Minho didn't notice this, keeping on waiting on an answer.

"Puri's planet, Ao is a planet where nature rules. The climat varies a lot and different organisms live on it that makes it unsafe to live on. There have been people travelling to Ao, but not many returned alive because of the situations on the planet."

Minho was surprised by this piece of information, a soft hum escaping him.

"I see." Minho softly whispered, more to himself.

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and comment, please look forward for more :D