four.

Breathless

Loud cheers could be heard from the school’s field as various competitions were held on the school’s field. The sports festival was full of excitement as each classes cheered for their teams and some even collaborate with each other.

The student councils’ members were busy keeping track of the event while making sure nobody violated the rules.

Even if the weather was pretty hotsince it was almost summer, but the girls didn’t really mind since they could see the handsome boy, Eunwoo, running around doing his errands. Some of them even neglected the competition just to watch him walking around doing some important things—like checking up whether the next class to play was available, and making sure there are enough supplies for the event.

The cheers almost deafened Jihyun’s ears, but she didn’t particularly care. She was sitting at the front row of the bleachers and watched the on-going basketball competition. Her friends went here and there but she stayed on the same spot, unmoving.

Although her face didn’t show it, Jihyun was fascinated with basketball. She admired tall person that was good at shooting and their athletic bodies mesmerized her. She would want to learn how to play basketball, but she wasn’t that athletic.

“Jihyun, I’m going to the restroom” Sora whispered, replied with a nod by the latter.

Sora stood up and left Jihyun, even then she didn’t turn her head. Two of her friends—Heeyeon and Jina—sat next to her, got back after finding themselves some snacks.

 “Hyungjin! Shoot it!” cheers exploded when Jihyun’s class succeeded on earning 3 points. Jihyun was impressed too. It was between pure luck or pure talent.

“Hyungjin!” the boy turned and blocked the opponent from shooting the ball, but it bounced in high speed and very powerful towards the bleachers.

The players stared at it in shock, watching it bounced straightly to someone—in this case, it was Jihyun. Her friends screamed and quickly protected their heads whilst Jihyun sat there unmoving. Her eyes widened and she didn’t have any option besides protecting her head.

The sound of the ball being grabbed could be heard and the blood rushed to her head. The adrenaline rushed in her body as she looked up, only to find her savior swung the ball towards the field.

Jihyun resisted the urge for her jaw to drop as she watched him looking at the field, watching over the ball. Eunwoo turned to her and flashed her a worried look.

“You’re okay sunbae?”

She stared at him blankly and nodded. He gave her a bright smile before going back to his business. Heeyeon and Jina gasped at the scene.

“You know him?” Heeyeon asked, looking amazed.

Jihyun shook her head. “Woah, this is awesome. He’s so cool!” Jina squealed, reminiscing the moment Eunwoo had saved her friend. Jihyun glanced at her before looking back at the field, trying to erase any unimportant thoughts in her head.

***

The last day of the festival came by pretty quick. The final match of soccer was being held and many students watched it in anticipation.

Jihyun was forced to watch the final match by her friend. She reluctantly agreed, only after she was bribed by a bag of potato chips.

All of a sudden, smokes of color started to spread, and it smelled like something weird was burned. The students started to ran away for their safety and the match was cancelled. Student councils’ members ran to the source of smoke.

Jihyun quickly stood up, helping Heeyeon up on her feet. Without much questions, Heeyeon clung onto Jihyun’s arms and ran.

The smoke spread pretty quickly and soon the field was filled with weird-smelled smoke.

“What is this thing?” Heeyeon asked between her coughs.

Jihyun glanced back before her running slowed down, her energy started to wear off. “I think someone lit some smoke bombs,” she answered with a coughed.

She felt Heeyeon’s grip tightened on her and she looked back. Heeyeon was gasping for air. Panicked, Jihyun quickly supported Heeyeon and tried to run forward but she wasn’t fast enough. The added weight was no help for Jihyun who wasn’t athletic.

“Sunbae!”

Jihyun looked up and found Eunwoo looking worriedly at her. She was about to raise an eyebrow at him but resisted. Inside her head, she was questioning on to why he’s not with the other student council members.

She then looked back to Heeyeon who was at the verge of fainting, focusing back on the real problem. She coughed before nodding her head at Heeyeon. “Help her,” she said and coughed more.

Eunwoo quickly moved Heeyeon’s arm and circled it around his neck before quickly walked towards the infirmary which wasn’t that far. He looked back to Jihyun, and hesitated whether he should offer her his hand or not.

Even though she slowed down, she never once look at him. Instead, she kept glancing at Heeyeon to make sure she’s alright. Eunwoo glanced at the fainted senior he carried and a small smile appeared on his lips for a second.

Now he knew she wasn’t that cold hearted.

When they finally arrived at the infirmary, Eunwoo quickly putted Heeyeon at an empty bed, and told the nurse that she has asthma. Jihyun glanced at him in strangely. She never told him Heeyeon has asthma. She shook her head, telling herself that asthma was a common thing and everyone knows the symptoms.

After making sure Heeyeon was taken care of, he turned to Jihyun. “Sunbae, are you okay?”

Jihyun furrowed her eyebrows at him, but her vision suddenly became dark.

“Sunbae!”


A/N : I'm sorry I didn't proof read it first, but I hope you like it! Thank you for reading and please continue to support Astro!

"Please stay at the same spot, you are my shining star"