one.

Breathless

Sound of footsteps was heard from upstairs as a girl shuffled down to the kitchen. She turned to the kitchen, watched as a girl at the middle of her twenties cooked breakfast.

The older girl turned around with a wide smile on her pretty face.

“Jihyun, you’re awake!” she putted the pancakes in three plates she already arranged before giving one to Jihyun.

“Thank you eonni,” Jihyun held her plate with a small smile before sitting down on a chair. The older girl nodded and sat next to her.

Jieun, Jihyun’s older sister, squirted out maple syrup on top of her pancakes. Jihyun glanced at it before eating her own pancake plainly. “You should put something on top of it, chocolate syrup won’t hurt” Jieun chuckled.

Jihyun gave a thin smile and kept eating her pancake, not taking her sister’s suggestion. Jieun laughed at her sister’s behavior before putting a cut of pancake into . Not long, Jihyun finished her breakfast and took her plate to the sink.

“I’m going, tell father I’m going first,” she waved her sister goodbye before going to school like usual.

It was the first day being an eleventh grader for her, but overall, her morning was the same. Eat breakfast, go to school, then go to hakwon, and then go home. Jihyun had become immune to the schedule and tried to enjoy it like other students.

She plugged earphones to her ear and listened to some music while doing her usual life routine. Her eyes watched the busy street, not even bothering to sigh.

***

It was the first day of the new term. The hall was filled with tenth grader students who began to socialize with each other. It was already a habitude of seniors to watch their juniors, whether for no reason or for personal reasons.

Mostly it was for personal reasons, seeing that most seniors who watched the juniors were girls. And you know perfectly why that is.

“Oh my, look at that boy!” “Is he a model or something?” “What an unforgettable face!”

Cha Eunwoo looked around in discomfort as he tried to find someone that might save him from this uncomfortableness. Unfortunately for Eunwoo, he knew no one in this new school. His big eyes scanned through the crowd, looking for someone who looked friendly enough to be his friend—minus girls, of course.

Since the hall was pretty crowded, plus the seniors hungry eyes that watched their every moves, the atmosphere was a bit uncomfortable, especially for Eunwoo who was being an object for girls’ eyes.

A dejected sigh escaped his lips as he surrendered himself being preyed upon.

“Um, sorry, but can we know your name?” Eunwoo turned to two girls that just came all the way from the front row just to ask his name. He gave them a small smile, which proved powerful enough to melt their hearts by hearing their gasps, and bowed a bit. “My name is Cha Eunwoo, nice to meet you”

The girls grinned from ear to ear before eagerly offered their hands for him to shake. “I’m Jung Gayoung!” “My name is Woo Nara!”

Eunwoo awkwardly shook their hands and nodded.

“I hope we’re going to be classmates!” they chorused.

He once again replied with an uncomfortable smile while wishing for the other way around.

***

“Jihyun! Sora!” their classmate, Haneul, waved from the end of the field with a paper in hand.

It was still in the morning, and since it was the first day of school, the teachers had an assembly to attend to and that meant no lesson for the students. Some of them received an assignment, but some are not.

Jihyun’s class got a short assignment from their homeroom teacher to name 10 plants in their school area in their scientific names. It was expected, since their homeroom teacher was teaching in biology classes.

Following Haneul’s voice, the two girls walked on the side of the field in a bit rush. Some of the tenth graders were playing soccer and none of them wanted to be a target for a hit thus they walked a bit faster.

Jihyun brushed her wavy hair aside before covering half her face from the sunlight. Her brown eyes became a shade lighter under it. She silently watched the ball being kicked here and there by the juniors, so that if a ball went her way she would be alert.

There were many girls at the side of the field, much to Jihyun’s surprise. She thought girls dislike being under the sun since it would ‘burn’ their skin. Some of them squealed a few times, too. Jihyun wondered what made them being odd today.

“Watch out!” she heard the girls gasped whilst some of them screamed.

Jihyun turned her head towards the field immediately and widened her eyes. The ball flew in the air, right on her way. Couldn’t do much, Jihyun shielded her head and closed her eyes tightly.

The sound of the ball bounced onto something was all she could hear in the complete darkness. When she felt no pain, she opened her eyes and pulled her arms down, revealing her savior.

All she could see was his large innocent eyes, perfect-shaped nose, and another perfect pair of lips. He was flawless from the side, and she bet he would also be flawless from the front. His jet black hair added his perfection.

He was a perfection.

Unfortunately, Jihyun wasn’t interested.

“Thank you,” she bowed before walking away, still a bit taken aback because of the soccer ball.

The girls screamed like a bunch of seagulls at her savior, commenting on how perfect he is, saving someone from getting hit by a ball. Jihyun shook her dizziness away and was completely fine when Sora nudged her.

“Who is that?” she nodded her head to the boy that saved Jihyun from the soccer ball. Jihyun turned her head a bit to glance at the boy who just saved her and shrugged nonchalantly. “I don’t know. Never saw him before”

Sora turned her head with an awe escaped her lips. “He’s really handsome. I think he’s a tenth grader. Isn’t he a model though? He looks like one,” she admired with a wide grin. Again, Jihyun just shrugged.

Her savior—which is none other than Cha Eunwoo—kicked the ball hard towards his teammate. His teammate dribbled it and kicked it towards the goalpost, earning a goal. His teammates and their supporters screamed in joy before one of the teammates hugged Eunwoo.

Eunwoo laughed and patted his teammate’s back. Then his eyes wandered back to the girl he just saved. His laugh subsided to a bright smile, remembering how pretty her eyes to him.


A/N : that's the first chapter! I'm sorry there's not much Eunwoo and Jihyun's interaction, but, hey, it's still the first chapter! I promise there will be more Eunwoo and Jihyun's moments in the next chapter! I hope you like this! ^^ thank you for reading~

*hakwon : additional lessons after school at private institution