three.

Breathless

Eunwoo’s eyes moved concurrent with her move. He had been looking at her since this morning and whenever he saw her, she never looked his way. That gave him a chance to observe her more carefully.

Since that night, Eunwoo has been calculated on what is her real traits. From the outside, he could tell that she was a very introverted person, and she didn’t show any kind of sign to act warmer to strangers. And from what he calculated ever since he watched her, on the inside she was..

“Cold.” He stated.

Jihyun was a cold person, from the outside and from the inside.

He never saw her laugh around her friends, it was almost impossible to tell that she’s a warm person. If he guessed right, she didn’t have any best friend.

His stealthy eyes watched as she walked across the cafeteria to sit at an empty table. She didn’t seem to care that everyone around her chatted happily with their comrades. Her eyes occasionally scanned the crowd, but nothing seemed to catch her interest.

Eunwoo noticed how Jihyun’s hair often framed her face loosely even though she already putted it behind her ear. He also noticed her long lashes every time she batted them. Her red lips whenever she brought food to it. Her small nose.

But she didn’t seem to be that cold towards her boy classmates.

Two boys Eunwoo believed were her classmates stopped by her table. They engaged a small conversation, and she actually smiled brightly to them—almost laughing. The boys also laughed, and they looked like normal friends—but from what Eunwoo caught after he observed her, they were more than normal friends.

If they were her normal friends, she would never smile brightly like that. Or would she?

“Cha Eunwoo, are you going to sit or not?” His head snapped to his classmates who stared at him weirdly. He was just realized he had been watching her with his lunch in his hands while standing there like a fool for almost five minutes.

With a distressed sigh, Eunwoo ruffled his hair and sat down. He was so obvious, he was afraid Jihyun would notice.

***

After bidding goodbye with his classmates, Eunwoo walked to the library to study personally. It was a rare day where student councils didn’t have any meeting or activities to do and he would utilize this rare moment to study. He was a little bit behind in biology anyway.

As soon as he entered the library, he was greeted by the librarian—a woman in her mid-30s. Before he joined student councils he often came there, and whenever he has free time he would spent it there too.

Eunwoo proceeded forward and seek the biology section immediately. When he got the books he wanted, he walked towards the tables to put it down. Unfortunately, the first scenery he saw was Jihyun with one of the boys she talked to at the cafeteria earlier that day.

Even strangers would know both of them had something going on.

He blinked his eyes, seeing the fact in front of himself made something stir inside him.

“Why can’t you do this one with my way? It’s obviously easier my way,” the boy beside her—Doyeon—joked, bumping onto her by the shoulder. Jihyun smiled, shrugging. “I think the way Mr. Kim explained it is easier than yours”

“No way, our friends said otherwise,” he chuckled, writing down the formula on his notebook. “You’re a genius then,” he continued, pausing for a while to glance at her playfully.

Jihyun smiled adoringly while watching him writing down his own solution on his book. She would never be happier than she already was. He was everything she could ever asked for. He’s funny, tall, loving, kind, and most importantly, he's smart.

Jihyun and Doyeon was known for their brainy self, but with different methods. The two of them was secretive about their relationship, there was just a few closest friends who knew about them. The rest of the people they knew were just wondering on what was happening with the two.

“Oh, Jihyun, what do you think—“ he cut his own words with a small yelp when a cup of coffee fell down, spilling its content onto his arm and pants.

Jihyun gasped before helping him to dry his arm with the tissues on the table. People around them glanced at the small commotion they made before returning back to their own activities.

Doyeon pulled her arm gently aside and smiled. “I’ll clean this up,” he stood up and went out from the library.

She was a bit flustered as she watched him walked out from the library while trying to erase the stain on his pants. It was fortunate that their school’s uniform used navy blue color, or else the stain would have been visible.

With a sigh, Jihyun played with the pencil in between her fingers before moving her attention to the fallen cup of coffee. It was weird, since she thought the cup of coffee wasn’t there when they first went there. She moved her body forward, examining the cup even closely.

Her arm reached out and took the cup, some of the coffee dripped onto her notebook. A frown was formed on her face as she examined it. Her eyes went to the place where Eunwoo was, but it was empty. She then looked around, completely perplexed at what happened.

“Who brought a cup of coffee to a library?” she asked whilst the glitters from the cup glinted under the light.


A/N : I finally updated fast enough heheh I made this chapter in 30 minutes or so and so I'm sorry if it's not that good :( I just watched Eunwoo at the Law of the Jungle again and he was so cute! Anyway, thank you for reading~ And thank you for lydia435 for commenting! I'm so happy ^^ see you soon!

"once I fall into you, I can't get out"