Playful Yonghwa

Veronika's Dream

"I've had a great time, having lunch, dinner, going to amusement park, it was really something, thank you for letting me stay at your house Auntie, I hope you don't mind." I said out of blue while waiting for the waiter.

"Oh, dear, we don't mind at all---" she said, but someone whispered,

"I mind."  Yonghwa whispered.

"YONGHWA! Say sorry. What are you talking about, You don't mind right?" Auntie said, and demanding to say yes.

"Whatever, you say." he said lazily.

"Yonghwa, I think you are being mean to Veronika aren't you?" Uncle asked him.

"Not a little, I'm not being mean to her, it's just that, that's what I feel."

"She's our guest, and she's the daughter of our beloved best friend. Don't dare insult or do somthing wrong with her, understand?" Uncle said while speaking in hangug-o with a serious tone.

"Arasao-yo. Aishh, chincha." Speaking in hangug-o, yonghwa.

"Ah, auntie, what did they just talke dbaout?" I asked.

"Oh, Uncle said to yonghwa, to be nice to you." She said and smiled.

"Ahh, really? Sorry for distrubing you, I'm really sorry."

"No, It's fine, it's really fine. Just do your best okay?"

"Yes, I will Thank you very much."

"Unnie, Fighting?"

"Ah, Huh? Ah, Fighting?" I said, doing the fighting action that I learned from Korean dramas.

"Ahhhh, chincha." Yonghwa said out of the blue.

"Is there any problem?" I asked him.

"Ahh, you want to know?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Dang sin" He said speaking hangug-o with a serious tone, while looking at me.

"Eh? I did not understand, I'm sorry can you say it in english?" Eh. WHat did he say? I'm a little bit worried caoz I can't understand it, ugh if only.

"Ah, unnie, don't bother asking him, he's a little bit not good."

"Ahh, sorry." 

 

Then, as we patiently waited for the waiters for a bit, we ordered for the meat that everyone was waiting for, it was not a shabby restaurant, as they say don't judge the book by its cover, it was suprisingly delicious, it was great to have meat, with everyone. There was many  people eating there, it was the outside look that it doesn't look good to eat but, if you really look in the inner side of it, you'll know that its a beautiful place for everyone. As we eat our meals, I got shocked for how the meat, the kimchi, everything tastes, it was hot and spicy, ohhh, how refreshing, I feel I'm a true korean already woah. I'm so happy.

"Ah, veronika, we enrolled you for Korean Class."

"Ah?! Really? You don't have to do that, I was going to enroll after tomorrow, I was really just adjusting, and really don't know where should I go first, oh, sorry I'm disturbing you so much.How can I pay you."

"Ahhh, No, it's fine, this is our help for you. We just can't leave you alone, we are excited for you, having your dream in your hands right in front of you right now. We really want to help you. So, just do your best for us, that's how you can pay us." Uncle smiled at me and glance at Auntie.

 

"Thank you very much, auntie, uncle, thank you very much, and thank to you also, yonghwa, Eunja, and I'm sorry for disturbing you guys."

"Ahh, no, it's too early for you to say thank you. Okay? Just do your best. We will support you." Uncle said, while auntie was nodding.

"Yes, Thank you!"

 

After we eat, we walk and went to our car, Yonghwa and Eunja was holding there hands again, I was a little bit envious, I wish I have a sister, or a brother to hold my hands, like Eunja, Mother, I miss you, I wish you were here, I wish we can walk like this in seoul, and just like them, eat outside, and go to amusement park, and together fulfill our dreams, sigh.

"Unnie, Why are you sighing so sadly?" Eunja, suddenly came at me, and asked this questions, that let me stop from walking, yonghwa was just staring at us froma far, while the lovers was still walking.

"Ah.." I glance at Yonghwa, and continue what was i saying, "No, I was not..."

"Huh," He smirked and continued with "Liar."

"No..No, Eunja, Unnie, is not sighing, she's just feeling the air." I then Smiled. "Eh, Wait, you keep on saying unnie, to me, but, What is that?" I then asked her so curiously. 

She then, shook her head, and she puts her one hand on her forehead and she just grab my hands.

"Unnie, it is what Korean call older than them, When I say Unnie, the younger should be a younger girl, in boys, younger boys call them hyung, while us, youngster you call us elder, dongsaengs. Ugh, unnie, you have many things to learn, this can't be." She said, sighing so hardly.

"Oppa! Chakaman~" She shouted.

The lovers looked at us, and smiled.

"Ahh, eunja, whya re you so slow?" he asked. "Ahhh, Veronika? What's the problem? should I hold your hands too?" He asked mocking.

"EH? HAH?! No, I'm fine, why should you?"

"Hahaha, why are you shy? and why are you blushing now? I'm Oppa, oh, we're both 23 right? Hmm.. Then, what month are you born in?" he asked.

"Uhm--, it's March."

"Oh~~~ I'm November, Eottoke? Hahaha, now, that you are in our house, and korean, do call their elders Oppa, Unnie, Hyung, or whatever, because I am older than you, you should call me oppa. Arachi?"

"Eh? I don't even know what you are talking about. How can I do that."

"That's why I am telling you, I am older than you, you should call me oppa, like this (doing the aegyo way.) Oppa~~ Araso? I mean, understand? Right Eunja?" he said, while glancing at Eunja, while she just shook her head turning away from them.

 

That time, when Eunja,and Yonghwa was helding their hands, Yonghwa said to Eunja that, " let's have a prank on her, what do you think Eunja?" 

"I don't that's bad, bad it she gets hurt, Appa, and Omoni, will be sad, I don't want them to hate us, for doing somthing like that to unnie veronika, and I also like her."

"Muot? Waah, you've became so attached to her, you've just met for 2 days, how come huh? "

"because, she's nice, and innocent, how can you do this oppa? You're being bad."

"What? I am not, it's just that I want to try playing with her, ugh. Kids, have a simple mind, how boring. Anyways, I'll do it, no matter what."

"Yes, just do whatever you want." She then went to Veronika, and asked if she was alright.

 

"O-oppa?" (doing the aegyo way.In an exagge way.) That's why, Yonghwa was laughing so sneaky.

"Woah, you did it well, okay when you are calling me, also, do this okay. "Oppa~~~ Poing poing~~" That would be nice, and that what girls do when people call their oppa, okay?" He then giggled like a highschool girl.

"Ahh, okay, okay. Oppa~~ Poing poing~~ (did exaggeratly.)" 

"HAHAHA, You did well, dongsaeng, you did well." He then is laughing so hard he can't help it.

"Why is he laughing? Did I just did something wrong, ugh, anyways." 

They then, got in the car, and drove going home, Uncle blake then turn on the Radio, a song was just about to end, and that was, SEOUL sung by SNSD & SUJU. 

"Woah, I like that song."

"Oh? Really? Can you understand it?" Auntie asked.

"Ah, No, I just like it, coz its catchy. Hehe."

"Oh Kuraeyo? Huh? Dongsaeng?" He then played at me again.

"Ah yes, its cute."

"Ohhh. I see. Good for you."

"What is with you?"

"He's playing with you." Eunja said out of the blue.

"EH?"

"he's just playing with you, not all girls do that Poing poing~~ with someone they don't know well, you can but to those you can only like thos close friends, but not necessarily. ugh. (Started to talk in hangug-o.) Oppa! Why are you making things so complicated! She doesn't know anything!"

"Ah wae?! That's why it's fun! coz she doesn't know anything!"

"Aish. Omma~ Appa~ Oppa is being playful to Veronika Unnie~"

"Aish, you little brat!" he whispered.

"You playful Yonghwa. Tsk. Why can't we just be friends." She said sadly.

But then, the mood went good when a familiar song came in.

Oh! My Goddess! sung by TRAX

Yonghwa, just sang and rock the whole car.

"Woah, you like that song?" She asked.

"Huh? Yeah! 

uni nuni neoman baraboge haneun Girl

nae mami mami neoreul gadeuk chaewobeorin geol

 

badajwo nae mam aetage neol Waiting Baby
 
nuni nuni neoman barabogo inneun Boy
 
nae mami mami geunyeo maeum ppaeseobeorin Boy
 
Oh jebal nan deo jichineun geon No More Baby
 
oh! my yeosin~~~"
 
They both sung and their friendship grew. A new, thing will grew and a new lesson will be learn.