Seoul,Korea

Veronika's Dream

The time to fly of off to korea, the time that she could possibly reach her dreams, the time to say goodbye to her beloved ones. But time to say hello to new one to her life. The sky was almost there to reach, but that couldn’t happen, if she’ll open the window of the plane they’ll surely die and couldn’t reach the biggest sky of her life. That was pass 4:00 in the morning, and the sky was still dark, it’s tempting to sleep, in the middle of excitement, but that’s impossible for a girl with her dreams in her hands. Can you ask yourselves, could you possibly do that? Me? If you’re asking of course not,  the best thing that could happen is in front of you ,why miss a thing! She stare at the sunrise in her face, smiling by herself. Until sleepiness came to her. It was almost 9 in the morning, it was exactly 9:30 when they’ve finally arrived at their destination. SEOUL, Korea.

She reached the open gates of the Incheon airport staring at the scenery that she could possibly seen in her own very eyes, that was just on some old post cards, she look in the bookstores, but now can reach with her own eyes. She was strolling outside of the airport nowhere to go, until nearly dawn came, but still don’t know where to go. Until, there was a woman who approached her, when she came back at the place where she first step as she step outside the airport.

 “ Excuse me?” she asks.

“Ah yes can I help you?” she replied nervously, she speaks in English that she learned and speaks confidently.

“Oh, sorry, but are you Veronika Dunkan?” she asks, while she was looking at  the paper she was holding.

“Ah, yes, yes, that’s me, but how can I help you?” she asks innocently.

“Oh, you don’t know my dear?, but I am your mother’s best friend, I am Alfonsa Tabudir.”

“Ah, sorry, sorry I didn’t realize that someone will be here to pick me up, sorry”

“Oh, that’s okay dear, I think you’re amazed by the place, am I right?”

“Ah, yeah, yeah I am sorry I was just amazed by the scenery”

“Oh, that’s right Seoul is one of the neatest place in Asia”

“Yes, I can see”

“Let me bring your baggage?”

“Oh no it’s okay”

“Okay then, so do you know how to speak in hangug-o?”

“Ah? Hangug-o? is that what Korean call their language? I am sorry I never heard that before.” She said consciously.

“Yes, and their writing is hangul” Proudly saying it to her.

“Oh, Thailand and Korea have many differences”

“Yes of course”

“Thailand, had a fair skin, while Korea has white milk skins.”

“Yes, your skin color is already dark to them because no people here in Korea are dark like us, maybe if you see one, you could only see them in your bare fingers”

“Auntie, can I call you auntie?”

“Oh of course, anyways your mom is my bestfriend”

 

I slightly smiled.

 

“Oh by the way my husband and I meet here in Korea but we are both Thai”

“Oh, how many years are you here?”

“Maybe not more or less 6 years?”

“Woah?! That’s long”

“Yes I know.”

“Is your children are also here?”

“Yes, they just migrated here when my husband and I were just 2 years here”

“Oh, lucky for them”

“EH, how bout your mother and you?”

“Oh we’re doing fine, if your asking about my father we already gave up on him”

“Haha, that’s a good or a bad news?”

 

We laughed and walked towards the car that we’re going to use. And

we talked to much about Korea and Thailand. As we reach the car that we’re going to use, there was a man in the driver’s seat, I thought of maybe he was her son.

 

“Auntie, your son?”

“Yes, he is”

“Ah” the thing I reacted, and slightly nodded.

“This is my eldest son, Yonghwa,(okay, he’s not from CN Blue) and my youngest child who is at home right now, Eunja, she’s 13 right now, and yonghwa is, oh by the way how old are you?”

“Ah, me? 23?” I smiled and slightly nodded slightly curious

“Woah, oh look at that, you’re both in the  same age.” she slightly look at her son.

“So you finished your college?” she asked.

“Yes I finished, fine arts and Bachelor of arts in English.”

“Wow, you both finished them? Wow a hardworking person huh?”

“Oh, by the way yonghwa, this is veronika, I already told you about her, she’s my best friend’s daughter.”

“Good morning, sorry if I disturb you in this early morning.”

“Its okay.” he replied in a low voice, like he’s angry or what.

 

I just smiled.

 

“So are we going now?” he asked, knowing that he knew I didn’t yet the baggage.

“Ah, wait my baggage!”

 

He sighed without her  presence. Her mother just slightly nodded, telling him to help her. He right away set of off the car and helps her, even though he’s kind a irritated with the clumsy girl.

 

“I’ll be the one” a voice behind her said.

 

As she turned it was him.

 

“Ah, no it’s okay I can do it.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, you can’t do it, you almost fell right? Because of that heavy baggages of yours?”

 

She gulped, and just stared at him, and bowed her slightly.

 

“Go in now, before I left you here.”

 

She go in quickly in the fear that  yonghwa will left her. The boy just smirked.

 

“Okay, let’s go” the auntie exclaimed.

 

Veronika, strared at the window, looking at the scenery outside, the falling leaves, that the wind blowing, many cars passing by, people, walking fast with the walking lane,like time just pass by there so slowly with her. While outside’s time was moving so fast. The radio was on, she heard a familiar voice, heard a familiar tune and rhythm, did she heard it before? Or it was just a dream of her?

She then remembered, it was a super junior song. Will she enjoy her stay in her new home or it will…just be a chaos.

 

 

“Woah! I know that song” she exclaimed, that the two in front was frightened, the boy on the driver seat suddenly pushed the horn.

The boy was frightened and was really shocked, that he stared at her and shouted her.

 

“Yah! What are you doing? Are you killing us? Huh? Why do you suddenly shout in the middle of this caml atmosphere?”

“Ah, sorry, I was just shocked, and was just excited, by hearing that song”

“Yah!, are you like that in your home?”

“Yonghwa! Stop it” Auntie exclaimed.

 

The boy look at her mom, and just stop.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.” Yonghwa replied to her mother a little bit anger.

“don’t say sorry to me, say sorry to veronika.”

“I am really sorry, sorry” veronika said.

“That’s okay Veronika, that’s okay.” Auntie said.

“ Yonghwa!” auntie shouted.

“Sorry”

“Sorry.” Veronika whispered.