The new home, far away from the true home

Veronika's Dream

The car was in silence again, and the song that she heard just ended up like that, after their commotion, how sad it was to end up just like that.

 

They arrived at their house, it was pretty big with a pretty garden in front inside of their house and a little hallway towards the door, beginning on the gateway and grasses, surrounding the whole house. Veronika was shocked to live in this incredible house, it has a 2nd floor, and it was really beautiful. Eunja, came in front of the gate, and opened it. The amazed veronika, greeted the young lady.

 

“Eunja! Greet your Unnie!” Auntie said

“Oh, Annyeong Haseyo unnie?” The little cute lady said gently.

“Oh? Ah auntie what did she said?”

“She said Good morning” Yonghwa replied to her, while he puts down the baggage of the  amazed girl.

“Ah.. that’s good morning in Korean?” she asks.

“Ne!” he replied, while he put the baggage in front of her.

“Huh?” She reacted and got the baggage, with a slightly opened mouth.

“Nothing” he replied and smirks.

“Hahaha, I think you should, learn speaking in Korean unnie.”Eunja said to her.

 

The boys smirked at her.

 

“Ah, maybe next time, maybe when I get a job.” She smiled.

“Tsss.. Excuses.” He exclaimed, walking off.

 

Her Auntie helped her with her baggage. And happily they get in. An old man is sitting in the dining table, with the newspaper In front of his face.

 

“Yobuu, we’re here” Auntie exclaimed.

“Oh, honey, where is veronika?”

“Oh, she’s here”

Veronika, stand on the door steps feel amazed with the big house she never seen.

Then the two couple called at her.

 

“Veronika! Come over here.”

 

 

While the two, are in the corner of the room, whispering at each other.

 

“I think she’s stupid” yonghwa said.

“I think she’s pretty and she’s smart” said eunja, holding her chin, while concluding.

“Tss.. that’s what you think coz’ you’re a girl” he said looking at his sister.

“Whatever you say” she said.

The two sat down at the dining room facing the 3.

“Oh, yobuu, veronika.” Auntie said.

“Oh! Woah, you’re a nice young lady now huh? When we first saw you, you were just like this, a tiny small, cute baby.” He said proudly.

 

The girl just smiled. The two sat up and put their hands, under their chin and listening to their stories.

 

“Oh yes we were holding you and you’re really small, oh I remember that days when we always wanting for child” she said appreciating those days.

 

“Ah, thank you.” Veronika replied in shyness.

 

“So tell us about your mom?” Mr. Tabudir asks.

“Ah, my mom? Oh she’s still at that ranch and our precious garden of course.” I replied.

“You have garden? And a ranch?” Eunja asks in shocked in what she just she said.

“Yes” she said and nodded. “We have a ranch and a garden? What’s so surprising bout that?”

“Oh? So you mean you’re rich?” she asks more. “of course, it’s so surprising that you have a ranch.”

 

Veronika just smiled. While the not so impressed boy beside the amazed eunja, just stared at her. Smiling with his mouth agape.

 

“Oh, she really wanted nature, right?” Auntie asks her husband.

“Hahaha, yes she really never forgets about her dream. About that Ranch and garden” He replies.

“Oh, excuse me, you know bout that dream, the dream of my mom?” she asks furiously.

“of course yes! She’s our very best friend. Of course we know all about her.” The two explained.

 

Veronika, smiled in silence, and nodded happily.

 

I never know that these people are going to be a part of her life also, she just thought that friendship doesn’t exist, she just thought was, love was the only thing existed. But she knew about anything. She just knew that love was there. By the flowers that she was planting, And from crescendo and from her mom. And the sun that was under her skin, but always makes her happy with, everything she does. Oh if she just knew it, maybe she had friends now. But she never knew a thing about love and friendship. If only she knew. 

 

Veronika stared at the wind thinking of this thoughts. The people around her who was talking to each other was not talking to her, seems that she can’t hear anything. That they’re mouth was just moving without words.

 

“So do you have best friends or friends there?” Eunja asked.

“Ah..” the only words that slipped in my mouth.

“So you have best friends? Right?” Auntie asked too, curiously.

“Yes of course my Flowers in the garden.” Lied, I don’t have one but, I said proudly.

“Ah, Veronika, but…” I cut her off.

“Of course I have one, Nora!” I said, forgetting about her.

 

She was my first best friend who approach me, and ask my name, she was the first friend that I have lunch with, and being with my gardening, she was the only one who, stood beside me, when everything was falling apart she was there. And I thanked her about that.

 

“Ah, only one?” Eunja asked.

“Ah, I am not to much of socializing” I laughed at myself, and felt embarrassed.

 

Everyone in the room, felt disappointment, but the only one who didn’t react at all or maybe don’t interest him, was yonghwa, he was just staring at the things that  catch his eyes, he was playing with a water that dropped in front of him.

 

“You, yonghwa? Do you have?” I asked.

“Hmm?” he asked in shocked that, someone was calling him. “Huh? What did you said?”

“How many friends do you have?” I repeated.

“Ah? Many of course I am not like you” He said while looking at the other side, and grins.

“I know” I said realizing what he just said.

“Don’t take it seriously, I was just kidding”  he furiously added. “I have my 2 friends whose are all, dancers, and can rap” he added like feeling guilty in what he just said.

“Rapper? Dancer? Are they Artists?”

“Ah? No, but that’s what they  want to be.” He said.

“Ah, I see.”

“How bout you Eunja?”

“Hmm? A only one, but she’s the best! She can sing!” she said proudly.

 

The conversation stops there, feeling so uncomfortable lately, feels like it was almost I live here, in a year.

 

“Oh! Let’s stop there maybe we could talk tomorrow? Ah! Welcome Again Veronika!” Auntie said, and slightly hugged me hard, Uncle also, hugged me with his newspaper on his hands.

“Well! Veronika, start packing out your things and rest okay?” Auntie said. “Ah, eunja? Could you help your unnie?”

“Ah! Yes mom!” She replied.

“Ah, and reminder the both of you, no speaking in Hangug-o? okay?” she demanded.

“Okay!” they both simultaneously said.

 

I smiled, while carrying the baggages. While the other was, with yonghwa, he was helping out too, that was good, I thought he’s a jerk without  sense.My baggages was a 3 big suit case, that was full of my stuffs, clothes, and my plan book, pictures, and all of that, artsy-fartsy.

 

“Did you bring your whole house?” he asks.

“Ah? Of course I just brought the things that are important, thanks for your help by the way.” I said in the air.

 

As we enter the room, I was flattered how it was designed. Auntie went with us and surprisingly asked me if did I like the room and I said yes of course. It was colored with baby blue and a little of shade of  baby pink. I asked auntie if this was eunja’s room.

 

“Mhmm, to  say honestly yes, but we changed all the things that are all in these room.” She said secretly.

“Mom! You said we will share this room!” eunja interrupted.

“Of course no! You’ll be with us, you’ll disturb your unnie’s privacy.” She explained.

“EH! NO WAY!” She shouted in protest.

“Ah, auntie it’s okay, we’ll just put a boundary is it okay to you? Eunja?” I asked.

“Ah, Hmm, it’s okay to me! Mom, mom that’s a good idea, please please! I want to be with unnie, please please?” she said excitedly.

We ended up discussing about that and finally they’ve decided that eunja will be going with me, and sleep with me. We both happily put out my things and there started a brand new chapter of my life, a chapter to my life reaching me dreams, to complement the things I’ve wished.