LAST Episode

5 Seconds of Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Episode: Farewells and Goodbyes

 

Goodnight.

Naeun was more than disappointed hearing those words. She wanted to hear much more. She wanted to say much more. But she can’t… they both know that they still can’t, that both of them lost the courage of saying it after the five years that has passed them by so swiftly.

Eunji was more in a sullen state. She wants to say those three words, but kept it to a wishful goodnight. The world love means falling anyway, and she remembers how much Naeun is afraid of heights.

The two of them fell asleep in each other’s arms that night, in that bench in that station. Both didn’t complain though. If it was the most that the two of them can have, they will make the most of it before beginning to part yet again.

Parting, just how sad those words are.

 

Eunji was the first one who stirred awake as the sky showed its first ray of light from the horizon. There were almost to no people around, and her back still ached from the uncomfortable bench they were in. Naeun was still sleeping peacefully in her arms, and she didn’t want to ruin it. The angelic look of her best friend while sleeping is one of the things she was happy seeing once again. It felt like when they were twelve and those little sleepovers they used to have. The eighteen year old was once again reminded of how much fun they used to have, their first kiss… and even her first proposal.

She might’ve seemed silly now that she looks back at the memories, and yet she also knows how much she was serious too. She wants to get married with her best friend that is if her best friend harbors the same feelings.

With her fingers slowly caressing Naeun’s hair, Eunji couldn’t help but sing a song out of the blue. It wasn’t loud; it was low enough to pass a lullaby that could lull Naeun more to her sleep. She didn’t want the younger girl to wake for if she did, both of them have to wake up from a reality that they need to part yet again.

“How are you, my love, my lost piece? I wanted to see you, I cry, exhausted. In the place you left intact, I’m waiting for you… oh oh…”

However, soon enough the notes were left flying in the air as Naeun’s phone started ringing. Eunji took it and checked who it was, seeing a name of a guy unfamiliar to her. Didn’t want to be nosy, she placed the phone back on Naeun’s side; the getting louder rings slowly woke up the sleeping girl from the deep depths of her slumber.

“W-what time is it?” Naeun groggily asked as she sat up straight, rubbing her eyes and slowly getting her consciousness back.

“It’s seven now. Someone was calling you earlier but you missed it. I guess you should call back, they are probably worried.” Eunji politely informed the younger girl, standing up and preparing her stuff for her train ride that morning will depart at 8, merely an hour from that moment.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter