Episode ONE

5 Seconds of Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode One: The First Falling Leaf

 

Dear Eunji unnie,

            It’s been a while. School was just good, although it could’ve been better if you were here. Every single day that I meet new people, I wished I’m with you. However, I still made some friends, not as close as we will ever be though. Still, I get to learn a lot of new stuff from them.

            The buildings here were a lot higher compared there in Busan. There are also a lot of malls and shopping centers here. I even went to Hongdae once and I have a lot of things to buy for you but I didn’t. A high schooler is short with money hahaha…

            Anyway, Eunji unnie, do you know that cherry blossoms fall five centimeters per second? My friend, Hayoung, told me that yesterday. I never thought of it back then when I’m in Busan. There are cherry blossoms here but it wasn’t as beautiful as it was there.

            The last time we were together was there in the bus stop. That was half a year ago. So, Eunji unnie… do you still remember me?

Love,

Naeun

 

Dear Eunji unnie,

            Thank you for replying. Autumn has started and the falling leaves here were still as beautiful as I remembered. It changed into those beautiful colors once again. Let’s see it some time?

            I still miss you Eunji unnie… I hope I could get to see you once again.

Love,

 Naeun

 

Eunji gripped the letters tightly in her hands before folding it neatly and putting it back in the envelope. She glanced at the window of her classroom, seeing the setting sun on the west. And then she released a sigh.

It has been five years, and she was no longer that little thirteen years old that holds her camera around and snaps everything in sight. In fact, she has gotten more confident, more mature and more responsible.

And yet, still, she can’t let go of her best friend, Naeun.

It has been five years and the countless letters was the form of communication between the two best friends. Best friends… That label never changed, not once in those five years. Eunji never complained though. She knows it was only right. She was still a kid back then, it could be nothing serious.

And yet… that box with the ring on it was still sitting silently in her top drawer, waiting to be opened once again.

 

“I heard that you are transferring schools, Eunji? Wae?” One of her dearest friends, Chorong, ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter