Episode THREE

5 Seconds of Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 3: That Autumn Night

 

It was crazy for Eunji. It’s crazy for her how she could go days, months and years not talking or seeing her best friend but the latter was still passing her mind every single day. She thought she was the cold one, the one who didn’t care. She didn’t know how to approach the woman in front of her, and it was crazy how that could be. That girl was her freaking best friend, her soul mate, her almost lover.

Five years had gone by, that Eunji doesn’t even know what they were anymore.

Every step Eunji took was cautious enough, as if one wrong move then she’ll step on a land mine that would eventually blow up and tear her body to bits. That would’ve been better, Eunji’s mind thought. At least then, she didn’t need to do this confrontation.

She didn’t know what she will say to her best friend for the longest times. It’s been a while since they first met, and a while as well when they last met. This time it was different. They developed into fine women, and the space between the two of them were tingling with electricity that none of them knew what it meant.

On that last step, Son Naeun finally looked up.

Eunji didn’t expect Naeun to recognize her right away when in fact she changed a lot during the course of five years.

But Naeun did, that seventeen year old lady did.

“Eunji unnie… I was waiting for you for the longest time; I thought you’ve forgotten about it.”Eunji had seen it; how Naeun held back a sniffle of cries. “I thought you’ve forgotten me.”

“It’s hard to forget.” Eunji’s immediate answer. “How could I forget it? How could I forget you when there is such an empty space when you were gone?”

That led Naeun to release the tears she had kept for the longest times. The young lady stood up from her seat and basically lunged forward to attack Eunji with the tightest hugs she could ever muster. The moment Eunji hugged her back that they both realized how much they actually missed each other. It felt right after those five years. That hug wasn’t even perfect as Naeun could enumerate words and letters and flaws she could ever think of. However, she couldn’t complain.

It felt like she was waiting for it for her whole life.

The tears on Naeun’s eyes were there, and Eunji was just so glad Naeun was hugging her tightly for the sight of the younger one crying would just break her heart.

The hugging and crying session went on for about full five minutes until Eunji hesitantly pulled back, not that she wants to let go. Nah, both of them knows how much they don’t want to let go of each other from then on.

Still, even when Eunji did pull away, the two held each other’s hand tightly, before Eunji offered a smile to her best friend. Unknowingly, the fingers of Eunji fumbled for some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter