The Lost Heir of Gangnam

The Lost Heir of Gangnam

                                            

                                                                  The Lost Heir of Gangnam

 

The van hit on at full speed, and I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness. Through the small instances of lucidness, I caught some of the conversation among the men that were in the van.

“I thought I specifically told you guys to keep an eye on her,” Suga yelled at the boys. There was a pause before they started to defend themselves.

“It wasn’t usual for her to go out at that time. It took me off guard when she darted out the house. Suga, I didn’t want to be in such proximity to her just in case she noticed something suspicious,” the man holding me by the arms explained.

“That sounds like a whole lot of bull J-Hope,” Suga sneered. It didn’t seem like anyone was in a hurry to defend him.

“You were lucky that we were around our base in Gangnam,” the driver interjected. The depth of his voice carried weight within the van. I assumed that he should be either the one in charge or the right-hand man. The rest of the ride I already felt like I was losing touch with reality and couldn’t grasp the rest of the conversation. The feeling was as if I was standing in an isolated pool floating without any sense of direction. I was carried to a mysterious room with bright lights. They placed me on a bed with ease like a ragdoll. Then, a woman’s voice sprang up in the room.

“She is going to need some anesthesia,” the woman instructed. Soon enough, there was a quick pinch right where the wound was. The anesthesia did not help me try to regain a touch a reality to figure out what was happening. She proceeded to work on stitching the wound carefully. The anesthesia must not have been completely in my system because I had wanted to scream loudly, yet I felt paralyzed. I just wanted her to be done and over with.

“Done,” she said. That was the last thing I heard until I took a long nap feeling numb but very peaceful. I had no idea where I was and whether I was going to suffer any permanent damage.

When I fluttered my eyes open the first person I saw was Suga, sitting by the bed crossed reading something out of his tablet.

“S-Suga,” I croaked. He looked up immediately and set aside the tablet. He looked deeply into my eyes like he had something important to tell me.

“What happened?” I asked. Still, no answer. He got up from the chair and walking back and forth with his arms crossed. His face revealed a thousand reasons to say something, but he looked like he didn’t have a place to start.

“You got hurt Lisa,” he said coldly.  

“I got stabbed. Didn’t I?” I asked. His lack of a response proved that this was true. Was it the guilt that was eating him up inside? But what was there anything to be guilty for?

“You know, you could tell me why you wouldn’t speak to me before school started. Suga, I know you want to tell me something, but you won’t budge. Just tell me,” I said.

“It’s a long story.” I sat upright on the bed slowly facing Suga.

“I got time,” I said. Then, I looked at the clock and it was already midnight. I forgot that tomorrow I had class. Also, my mom must be extremely worried that I did not come back home.

“I called your mother. I told her that you wanted to sleep over at my place. I said you were okay,” he stated. It was no surprise that he read my mind. I looked around and saw nothing but cement walls surrounding us. There was a small nightstand with a dusty lamp and a couple of metal chairs. The place was empty, but it gives off a suffocating vibe in here. It looked like that we were underground. Nevertheless, the bed was comfy and made me feel sort of at home.

“I’m going to tell you, Lisa, what is going on up to this moment only because you are now the immediate target of interest for other gang members in Gangnam,” he said. I was taken aback the fact that I was a target of a criminal organization. I was also surprised that he was aware of this. At this point, I was ready to expect the unexpected.

“Well here goes nothing,” Suga added.

A majority of wealth from Suga’s family comes from his uncle. When we were younger, his uncle and Suga were very close until he moved a couple of years ago to a place he never told him. It bothered him that he left without saying any reason why he couldn't stay in his parent's neighborhood. However, because Suga's family does not earn a lot of money, he sends checks to Suga every year to help out with their basic needs. He then discovered that he was the ringleader of the Bangtan Boys, a mafia based at the center of Gangnam. He hosted several illegal gambling events such as betting on exotic furs, drugs, and another thing worthy in the black market. The main job of the Bangtan Boys was to the make sure that their revenue was sufficient to carry out their lavish lifestyle for themselves and their families. However, any person within the illegal gambling arenas did not coincide with the rules, then the Bangtan Boys would have to eliminate them by any means necessary. Suga had always been aware that his uncle got his money somewhere else other than his accounting job at a small company. Furthermore, he was only able to find about the gambling ring after his uncle’s death two weeks ago.

Through his uncle’s will, Suga inherited his position and an invitation to join Bangtan Boys, the most notorious mafia in Gangnam, which was previously run by his uncle himself.  However, it doesn’t seem like Suga has completely committed himself to that role since he has only been a member for two weeks. In the meantime, before they find a permanent replacement for the ringleader, Rap Monster will be taking over his affairs.

“Don’t you think you should be the ringleader since your uncle said you will be?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. Rap Monster was willing to step down, but I told him not to. I’m not sure if I am ready to give up my past identity.  When they told me I couldn’t speak to you it shook me up,” he confessed. Part of the code of becoming part of the Gangnam Mafia is limiting contact between family members, loved ones, and friends. This was to ensure business would not interfere with the personal lives the members had.

“So what are we going to do now?”

“Lisa, I don’t know the answer to that either. What I do know is that my uncle left me this job to finish for a reason, and I’m going to fulfill it.”

That was the moment when our lives changed forever.

[A/N] Hello lovelys, Thank god it's Friday ;u; Also it's my birthday tomorrow so yay xD
I'm definitely going to introduce more of the BTS characters (and another female character) in the next chapter since a lot of it was vague (Part of it is that I'm doing the story entirely in the perspective of Lisa).  But damn I didn't expect the title of this chapter to be this cheesy ( cause like it's the title??) ANYWAYS, stay tuned and I hope y'all have a good weekend! :)