Taken Away

The Lost Heir of Gangnam

                                            

                                                                  Taken Away

"You should let him go. If he is not willing to talk to you then you should forget about keeping the friendship," Jennie said on the phone.

“But it’s been eight years,” I said. I called her the minute I got home to vent. After a whole hour of muffled tears and sobs, Jennie finally had enough. In a way, she was right that I depended a lot on him. Then again, it wasn’t entirely my fault that we depended on one another for support. It was how it has always been with us. In either of us were in a major crisis the other would be only a phone call away.

My first memory of him was the day I broke my ankle at the park. He invited me to play the monkey bars, and it was the first time that anyone asked me to join to play. Being an only child compelled me to try to make friends. My excitement was soon overcome with the inevitable pain of falling off the monkey bars. He was a lot more innocent back, asking his mother if he could fix me. As the years gone by I’ve watched him grow in and out of relationships, as I gave him as much advice as any young girl would know. His mother called us the partners in crime, whether it was sneaking out of the house on Sunday’s to go to a midnight movie or to prank each other with the classic whip cream on the hand.

Suga was the person who would stay overnight at the hospital even when he should have gone home. He knew how clumsy I was in middle school, and I’ve had too many visits to the hospitals for broken bones. Sometimes my mother teases me that he acts like a boyfriend, but we never really thought about a relationship beyond our friendship. It would be selfish if either of us wanted to pursue something more. It was also selfish Suga’s part to abandon the friendship for no goddamn reason.

“Just take a walk around the neighborhood to cool down,” Jennie suggested. I took my headphones for music and light jacket. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone on a run. Usually, I run more when the track season begins. However, it’s the only healthy coping mechanism I have left. The weather was perfect with the light breeze and the crisp leaves turning into warm colors. To feel the wind through my hair made me feel weightless. It kept my mind out of Suga for awhile. On days that I run I make a pit stop at the local convenience store for a Dr. Pepper. When I arrived there I went to the back of the parking lot to take a deep breath to cool off my racing heartbeat. I checked my watch and surprisingly, it was already 9 o’clock. I decided to quickly text mom to let her know that I was going to make a pit stop. I saw a shadow behind me but I was too busy to notice anything suspicious.

Then, in a blink of an eye, I felt someone stab my side with a knife The pain was instant and I felt in shock. Time was moving ever so slowly as I try to get my grip.

“Ah!” I gasped while I try to fight the attacker. As soon as I turned around the large figure with the ski mask punched my face almost knocking me out. Before I could yell out anymore the mysterious person covered my mouth with a cloth tied around my face. I grunted and kicked as hard as I could, but he was stronger than me as he dragged me towards the back seat of the car. I would have never imagined myself to be in this place. I still wanted to keep fighting but I did not know how. As he shoved me inside the car I kicked his jaw hard enough to hear a crack. He did not look happy about that.

“If you don’t stop trying to kick I’m going to shoot your face off,” he hissed pointing his handgun right on my face. I couldn’t resist anymore without foolishly getting myself hurt. At my peripheral, I already saw that I was losing a lot of blood. On top of that, I was starting to feel lightheaded. Because of my defiant actions, he took some rope from the trunk of the car to tie me up. Once he shut the door I was left to my own thoughts. The searing pain of the wound came back to me. All of a sudden I heard loud shouts from the parking lot. I couldn't catch all the words of the conversation until the yelling crept closer to the car.

“You're not going to get away with this!” a husky voice shouted at the man. Then at an instant, three gunshots were fired. The man then collapsed leaving the interior of the car unlocked.

"Do you think the girl is inside here?" the man with the husky voice asked. I tried to make as much noise through the cloth not long until a young man opened the car and carried me to a black van.

“Don’t worry miss, Suga will know what to do,” he said as we enter through the back of the large interior of the van. The first eyes I laid on was Suga’s. His eyes left me thinking that he was going to go mad, almost like he felt sick to his stomach seeing me like this covered in blood and bruises. Suga always knew how to surprise me. However, this was not the moment in which I wanted to be surprised.

[A/N] I've decided to update every Friday since I will have more time to edit. I also made the layout a lot simpler if y'all like the raindrops lol. Anyways, thank you for subscribing and let me know what you think of this chapter~