I'm here

"It's okay"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan is studying at ---- College so he rarely stays at home. When summer arrived, Jeonghan decided to tag his little brother along to the shopping mall nearby. Both of them caught the attention from the people as his brother shouts loudly. It's not really a big deal, well, kids. Jeonghan kept repeating 'No' for who knows how many times but the kid won't listen. (In fact he doesn't want that answer). 

 

"Hyung, I only want that!" the little kid shouted which make the people near them startled. Who wouldn't, its loud! 

"Yah Yoon Jeongdae! No! Arasseo!?" Jeonghan let out a very loud shout, his brother ran away out from the mall. A young lady around Jeonghan's age, saw this so she ran after the kid following him from the back (of course). 

"Hey there" finally she stopped in her steps and let out a big sigh as she panted at the same time.  The little boy turned his body around facing the noona infront of him. 

"Don't cry..." she tried to console the kid but he wouldn't care. All he want is that toy and that would make him happy. 

"Noona... Jeonghan hyung don't want to buy me that toy....." he sobbed as he points his finger at the toy; its a controller car which is on the display. 

"Your hyung doesn't have the money, besides there's a lot more cheaper than that." the boy burried his head onto the lady's neck, still sobbing. Which she didn't realised, Jeonghan had been keeping an eye on the two of them behind a tree nearby. Who's that girl?, he thought. 

"Keurae, noona take you to the ice-cream parlor over there. How's that sound?" she stood up and helped the boy too. 

"Noona, Jeonghan hyung will get mad at me for following strangers.." he looked down at his little feet. Jeonghan let out a small chuckle since his brother remembered his advice. 

 

"Sinbi noona, kamsahamnida!" Jeongdae his chocolate ice-cream while grinning at her. Sinbi smiled as she starts her vanilla ice-cream. Jeonghan squinted his eyes to get a better view and it seems like his brother won't follow him back home. 

(it looks something like this)

"Jeongdae-ah, how about your hyung? Wouldn't he be worried?" she blurted which made the kid beside her quickly turned facing her. 

"Jeonghan hyung....? Molla~ Let's just eat!" the kid finishes the ice-cream and wipe the dirty on his two palms with the tissue. 

"I'll take you home, alright?" Sinbi stood up and throw her rubbish into the dustbin. Jeonghan run from his secret hideout towards his home, pretending he's waiting for his brother. 

"Yoon Jeongdae! How many times-" 

"'Do I have to tell you don't go with strangers', hyung?" Jeongdae cut his words' as he gets annoyed with it (well who doesn't though). 

"Atleast this noona is much better than you!" the kid spats, running into the house leaving SInbi and Jeonghan outside. An awkward silence filled the air as Jeonghan finally decided to broke it. 

"Yea, so...... Sorry about my brother.." 

"No, its fine! He's a really nice kid and he behaved well today" Sinbi put a wide smile at him, showing her eyesmiles. 

"How much is the ice-cream anyways?" Jeonghan blurted and a small laugh escaped Sinbi's mouth. 

"Aniya... Kwenchanha.." Sinbi pressed her lips into a thin line as it getting more awkward. 

"YOON JEONG- Ohh.. Hello there!" a not-so-old woman showed up at the front door. 

"You know it's not nice leaving the guest outside. Come in the two of you" she pushed the door widely for them. 

"It's okay, Ms Yoon.. I should go home now, its getting darker."  Sinbi stated.

"Aniyo, you should come in. You've been taking a good care of Jeongdae when I'm not around." she insisted.

Sinbi only nod and Jeonghan didn't bother to budge.

"Jeonghan-ah, invite her in." his mom said with a sarcastic voice.

Jeonghan looks at Sinbi, " Kaja." He guides her to door and let her enter first.

 

"Jeongdae-ah~ Noona is here!" his mom called.

Jeonghan can hear fast steps from the stairs as if Jeongdae is rushing to come down.

"Noona! Are you going to sleep here?" Jeongdae asked as he runs to Minhee.

"Ani, I just want to check if you're okay." Sinbi explained.

Jeongdae starts to whine. " Ahhhhhh noona! It's been a long time since you play with me. "

Jeonghan starts to feel annoy so he ruffles his hair.

"How about we go out together tomorrow?" Sinbi suggested.

Jeongdae jumps in joy, "Yayy! Yaksok?" he points his pinky finger out.

"Yaksok." Sinbi smiles as she,too points out her pinky finger.

 

"Sinbi-ah~ Have a seat here." His mom shouted from the kitchen as she serves some dumplings.

"Kamsahamnida, ahjumma! I'll eat well." Sinbi said as she grabs a dumpling and start eating it.

Jeongdae and Jeonghan follows her from behind and they seat at the dining table as they start eating the dumplings. His mom excuse herself and she walks upstairs.

Jeongdae eats with great appetite which made the atmosphere less awkward.

"So...where do you live?" Jeonghan decided to break the silence.

"I live next door." Sinbi stated which receives a nod from him.

"What's your major?" Sinbi asked.

"Music. You?" Jeonghan asked her back.

"I don't go to college.." Sinbi said as she lowers down her voice.

"Waeyo?" Jeonghan asked curiously.

"Financial problems." Sinbi stated and Jeonghan only nods. He starts to feel guilty for asking.

"I'm done! I'm sleepy~ Goodnight noona!" Jeongdae said as he yawns.

"No goodnight for your hyung?" Sinbi joked.

"....Goodnight,hyung." Jeongdae said slowly and he walks upstairs towards his room leaving both of them downstairs.

"He's still mad at me, is he?" Jeonghan asked.

"Well,maybe. They need attention- you know..kids." she stated.

 

"So what do you do? Any part-time job?" Jeonghan asked.

Sinbi shooks her head, "I work online. Selling stuff online." Jeonghan nods and looks at the clock. It's getting darker outside.

"I should go home. Thanks for the food and send my regards to your mother." Sinbi said as she walks to the door. 

"I'll walk you home" Jeonghan said with a poker face. 

"N-nae?" 

"My mom is definitely going to blabber me about 'How dare you let a girl outside alone'" he mimicked his mom's voice and the two of them start laughing until Jeonghan's mom came outside from the kitchen. 

"Jeonghan, send her home. You know it's not nice for a guy like you to let her walk outside alone." the aged woman crossed her hands together with a face saying like you-better-send-her-home.

"Yes mom..Kaja" he let out a sigh, he can't escape this after his mom said. I wonder why I don't know her.. She's not bad for the appearance... YAH YOON JEONGHAN--, his mom cut off his thought by pushing him to the front door. 

"Be back safe, Jeonghan. Sinbi-ah, if my son did anything to you, please do tell me. I'm going to ground him. See you around!" Jeonghan's mom slammed the door shut, it feels like she throwed them outside from the house. 

 

"Jeonghan, isn't it?" well, yeah,SInbi's mom invited him for a drink at her home. Jeonghan nodded at the question and take a sip of his drink awkwardly. 

"So, how is Sinbi act today? Is she good?" her dad hold his laughters, smiling a little bit. Sinbi hit his dad's arm and start pouting. 

"Nahh she really take a good care on my brother. Uhm ahjussi, ahjumma, I should take my leave now.." Jeonghan glanced at the clock hanging across the room and it already strucked 11:55 p.m. 

"Oh yea tell Ms Yoon sorry for 'kidnapping' her son. Are you sure you're okay to walk back alone?" her dad stated. 

"Dad he's a guy" 

"He looks like a lady" 

"He can protect himself" 

"You don't know the bad guys here, Sinbi-ah." 

"Atleast he's a guy"

"He's not adapted to the environment" 

"You two stop the stupid fighting, Mr Hwang, how about you send the kid home?" Sinbi's mom walked to the kitchen to continue her chores. 

 

Sinbi's dad got home safely. Yea probably it's not for the strangers 'showtime'. Sinbi starts calculating her money; for the online stuffs. It's really profitable though even if the shipping seems hard. 300,000 won... Mom and Dad 150,000 won, I have half.. It's not working, she thought. She walks into her parents' room and see her mother is counting the money she got for working as a cleaner at the bank nearby. 

 

"Eomma.. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter