people around us (bonus chapter)

Going Out

"Seriously, Gyu," Seokmin looked at Mingyu with frustration. "What are you waiting for? It's so obvious that you two are falling for each other. There's no way she'd reject you."

"Why do people really wanna interfere my business?" Mingyu mumbled as he looked for papers and pen on his desk.

"Because we care for you!"

Mingyu scoffed.

"You're gonna regret if you don't make a fast move," Seokmin warned and Mingyu looked at him with his arms crossed. "I heard Jungkook's gonna confess to her."

Mingyu was slightly taken aback by the mention of his neighbor's name who also went to the same school with them. Didn't he say the same thing with Seokmin last night? Mingyu thought, but he hurriedly shooed it away, did not want to be bothered by his own thought. "Now, let's go! The girls are waiting for us." Then Mingyu dragged Seokmin out of his room to Solbin's house which was across his.

 

***

 

"Even if you've said that you and Mingyu are just friends for a thousand times, people won't buy it, Sol!" Yuna said as she helped Solbin to take the cookies out of the oven and put them on the plate. "You're matched made in heaven. Your moms agree with that too."

"Can't we just drop this issue?" Solbin begged while making smoothies. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

Yuna could only sigh heavily.

That day, Solbin, Mingyu, Yuna and Seokmin would gather at her house for a group project. Out of the project, they were often caught up being together as a group too. Sometimes they were separated as some mini groups like SolbinxYuna, SeokminxMingyu, SeokminxYuna, SolbinxMingyu, SeokminxSolbin and MingyuxYuna. They had been friends since they were five, meeting each other for the first time as pre-schoolers, except Mingyu and Solbin who had met each other since their were in their moms' wombs.

As the closest friends, Seokmin and Yuna realized that their friends were starting to have a crush on each other as they were growing up and they felt so frustrated that Solbin and Mingyu still remained friends. No one knew why said couple did not want to be together yet. It was still a mystery.

A ring of bell made Yuna stop putting the cookies and walk to the door to welcome their guests. It was not her house but it was like her second house since she often stayed for night there.

"Why doesn't Auntie Jieun welcome us?" asked Mingyu, mentioning Solbin's mother's name, as he and Seokmin came into the house and walked to the living room where they would do their project together with Yuna walking before them.

"Auntie Jieun goes to her mother's house with Uncle Hyunjin," answered Yuna, mentioning Solbin's father's name this time.

 

***

 

The boys and girls had done their project when the clock at twelve and they felt hungry at the same time. Yuna suggested them to have lunch at their regular food court that near from the house and everyone agreed it. After locking the door and put the key near the pot (in case Solbin's older brother went home from his soccer match earlier than them), they walked to their destination in pairs, Mingyu and Seokmin walked before Solbin and Yuna.

"I think I wanna give up on dancing," said Yuna after they gathered on a table in the food court with their food on it.

Seokmin frowned. "Why? I thought you like dancing."

"Yeah, it surprises me as well," said Solbin and Mingyu nodded.

"It's tiring, you know," answered Yuna after taking a sip of her drink. "I like singing more..."

"If that so, you should move to vocal club," Mingyu suggested as he munched his burger. "Seokmin would have a new singing partner," he chuckled. He secretly wanted to pair Seokmin and Yuna together.

"That's a good idea!" exclaimed Seokmin, agreeing Mingyu's words.

"But... If I change my club, Solbin..."

"I'm fine," Solbin cut Yuna's words casually. "I like dancing so it doesn't matter if you will stay giving me company or not. I'd be just fine," she smiled reassuringly at Yuna who smiled back with gratitude.

"Hey, guys! Meet you again today!" An exclaimed made the groups turned their faces to the source of voice. It was Jungkook who just entered the food court. "World is really small, huh?"

"Well, you live near here, just like Solbin and I," replied Mingyu as he narrowed his eyes at Jungkook. He did not like the new comer because the latter was so flirty with Solbin. "We almost can see each other 24/7."

"You're right," Jungkook said as he stood up near their table. "Oh, look! You still wear the matching wristbands."

Seokmin and Yuna automatically looked at the said things on Solbin and Mingyu's wrists. They did not even realize it. They then looked at their friends quizzically but Solbin and Mingyu avoided their eyes.

"Hey, Sol, why don't you let me date you?" asked Jungkook. "I'm a good man too!"

"Back off, Jungkook!" Mingyu said in annoyance. "You're not that good for her."

"Are you?" Jungkook smirked at Mingyu with a challenging look.

"Uhm... Guys, I-I've done my meal so..." Solbin got up from her chair. "...I'm gonna go home."

"I'll walk you home after I order my meal, okay?" offered Jungkook.

Solbin hurriedly shook her head. "That's very nice of you but I can walk by myself," she said. "So... Bye!"

 

***

 

Solbin could not stop thinking about her issue with Mingyu lately. It was really a big one since she used to be fine with that but people around her talked about it so much and it made her get a headache. She was kind off pissed and Jungkook's flirt was not a help either.

It was true that Solbin had a crush on Mingyu and she knew that the man did too. She did not know why Mingyu did not want them to be together as a couple but she did not really mind it as long as they could be together even as only friends. She was happy enough but seemed like people around her were more greedy over them.

It's not their business at all! Solbin thought as she kicked a rock during her way home. She sighed heavily. I shouldn't be bothered with this stuff.

"Sol!" A familiar voice shouted out her name and Solbin turned her body to face the person. It was Mingyu, running towards her.

"Why?" Solbin asked after Mingyu doubled his body next to her, panting because of running.

"I... Let's... Let's go home together..." said Mingyu between the pants.

Solbin chuckled and nodded in response.

No one spoke after that. They were busy with each others' thoughts. The atmosphere was kind of awkward too and Mingyu did not like it so he decided to break the ice. "You know I like you, don't you?"

Solbin nodded and hummed in response. "I like you too."

"I know," said Mingyu. "Should we date each other then?"

Solbin abruptly stopped her step to frowned at Mingyu. She could not believe what she heard. "Did you just confess to me?"

"Yes? If you think so. It's more like a suggestion though," answered Mingyu as he scratched his nape absentmindedly. "A confession... Shouldn't it be romantic? With flowers, chocolates..."

"I don't need them," Solbin chuckled as they continued walking. "Is it because of Seokmin or Yuna? Because they bother you so much about why we haven't dated each other yet?"

"They can be a reason, but there's a big reason why I should date you."

"Should?" Solbin bolded the word and Mingyu nodded. "What's it?"

"It's not a what but who," Mingyu corrected. "Jungkook."

"Jungkook?!" Solbin could not hold her laughter after that.

Mingyu nodded. "Yes. Why are you laughing?" He frowned at Solbin, finding it weird to laugh at the time.

"It sounds dumb, Mingyu!" Solving answered with a wide smile after her laugh went off. "Why? I mean, Jungkook is... Jungkook!"

Mingyu let out a heavy sigh before he answered the question. "He always threats me that he would confess to you and make you his. I don't like the idea," he pouted and Solbin chuckled in response. "He's handsome, Sol! He's taller than you. Good at playing basketball. An every girl's dream man..."

"But he's not you," Solbin stopped Mingyu from blabbering as she looked at him with a sweet smile on her face. "I want you, Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu's face reddened and so did Solbin's. He was a bit surprised because he did not expect she would say it out but it did not mean he did not like it. He really liked it. "I want you too, Ahn Solbin," he said as he looked at Solbin sheepishly.

Solbin nodded then she turned her face to look at the ground they were walking on. "But... I think we shouldn't date each other for now."

Mingyu frowned. "Why? Did you just reject me?"

Solbin hurriedly shook her head. "No. How can I?" She chuckled then continued saying, "We're still young, Gyu. It's our first year in high school. Let's just focus on our study first, yeah?"

Mingyu was silent for a while. "Hmm... Alright!" He finally agreed. "Let's do that while thinking of each other!" He winked at Solbin and the girl chuckled in response.

Not long after that, they finally arrived in front of Solbin's house. 

"Hey, Sol." Mingyu called before Solbin came into the house.

"Hm?"

Mingyu scratched his nape and smiled sheepishly at Solbin before saying, "Please, don't fall for that Jungkook guy."

Solbin just laughed in response then walked into her house without saying any more word to Mingyu.

 

***

 

A/N: Seokmin is Seventeen's DK aka Dokyeon and Yuna is Friend's Yuju. Yesss, I ship them!!! I don't really like this chap and I think the previous one is better, don't you think so? I'm still learning how to write a good story T.T hope you like this bonus! :D