Puppy Gyu and Cat Bin

Going Out

"Do you want to go on merry-go-around?" Mingyu asked to Solbin after they had eaten tteokbokki together. They were in an amusement park, spending the rest of the night together.

Solbin narrowed her eyes at Mingyu and then scoffed. She could not believe what she just heard. "Are you five?"

"No," Mingyu shook his head. "I'm Mingyu."

Solbin could not hold her laughter at the answer and Mingyu laughed along. It was always a good time whenever she had the man around, included at the time like that. "I don't wanna," Solbin said in response to Mingyu's question earlier.

"Why??" Mingyu started to whine. "It's not that bad. Look! There are lots of couples riding on them so why can't we?"

"Are we a couple?"

"Oh..." Mingyu was slightly taken aback by the sudden question. He was silent for a while and then answered weakly, "No." He looked at everything but Solbin because he suddenly felt uneasy towards the girl.

"That's right." Solbin nodded with her head hanging low, looking at the ground blankly. There was something she felt inside when she heard the answer from Mingyu's lips and it was not nice at all.

Suddenly an uncomfortable silence came around them. None of them spoke. They just walked, walked and walked without knowing where to go.

Mingyu knew it was more or less his mistake for mentioning couple word, but he never intended to make them awkward like that so he wanted to change the atmosphere between them. He looked at their surrounding and spotted a souvenir shop. "Let's go there!" he exclaimed as he pointed his index finger at the shop.

Solbin looked at the direction uninterestedly. "What's so fun about that place?"

Mingyu shrugged his shoulder. "Let's just take a look! If there are some things catch our eyes, we should just buy it, yeah?"

Solbin was silent for a while before she nodded. Then both walked to the shop side by side.

The shop was like any other souvenir shop. It sold many things like caps, headbands, key chains, plushies, etc with the name of amusement park printed on them. They were in a good condition of course and the price is affordable.

Solbin did not really want to buy something so she just took a look at every thing she saw on the display. Mingyu was not beside her anymore since the man went to the opposite direction of the shop ("I wanna see the caps. Maybe one of them would look good on me, huh?" he chuckled and Solbin could not help not to roll her eyes in annoyance. Mingyu was always full of himself!).

Without Solbin's knowing, Mingyu did not really mean his excuse. He said that in order to separate with the girl for a while. He wanted to find a good thing for Solbin. Something that suited her. Something that matched her personality. Something that was really her.

After strolling for five minutes, Mingyu's eyes spotted at a black colar with a white cat-shaped pendant. It looked so beautiful and he really thought that cat suited Solbin best.

Like a cat, Solbin looked unbothered, elegant and kind of slow and lazy when she wanted, but she could be so enthusiastic over a small thing, clumsy, and aggressive and keen to something she really wanted. She was really like a cat who had mood swing in seconds that sometimes made Mingyu's head dizzy and she was as cute as a kitty when she smiled or leaned her head unintentionally during their way home after school on bus. She was a hundred percent a cat! Mingyu thought.

On the other side of the room, Solbin saw a blue wrist band with a small letters 'I love puppy!' printed on it. The girl smiled as she took it from the shelf. It really reminded her of Mingyu because the said man was a puppy lover, just like her. Solbin remembered the day she brought Buddy, her puppy, home and Mingyu was so excited about it. He kept telling her that Buddy could befriend with Jamie, his puppy.

Mingyu's personality was like a puppy too. He was always passionate and jumpy and lovely to people he loved and cared the most. Solbin could not resist the man's request when he started to beg her with his kicked-puppy look and that was why she often agreed to everything he wanted. Mingyu could protect her too like a pet dog. He always made sure that Solbin was always fine, would take her hand whenever they crossed the road, and always gave his shoulders whenever she felt down. That's why I love pups! Solbin thought.

 

***

 

"I don't even like a cat, Gyu," said Solbin after Mingyu put the choker around her neck. They were walking on their way to home after exchanging the gifts they just bought from the shop. "Why do you choose cat?"

"Because it suits you the best," Mingyu shrugged and smiled. "And I think cats are y~"

Solbin's cheeks flushed at the last sentence from Mingyu. "But I think puppy suits me..."

"Nah~ puppy suits me and cat suits you."

"But, Gyu..."

"Yeah?"

"If I were a cat, we couldn't live together... We couldn't get married..."

Now Mingyu's turn whose cheeks flushed. "W-well..." He stuttered. "Y-you can be... a pup too hehe..." He let out a shaky chuckle as he rubbed his nape. Mingyu smiled after Solbin squealed happily at his words. "But... Does it mean you don't like the choker?"

Solbin quickly shook her head. "No, I do like it," she said as she rubbed the surface of choker with her fingers. "I like it so much because you give it to me."

Mingyu laughed with a redden face. "Ah! Thank you for the wristband!" He said as he showed the wristband he wore. "I like it!"

"I know~" Solbin said. She bought another wristband for herself too. "Now we have a couple wristband!"

"Oh, look at you!" Suddenly, a voice came to their earshot and it made they turn their heads to the direction. It was Jungkook, their neighbor. "Why don't you just date each other?"

"None of your business!" murmured Mingyu to Jungkook then he grabbed Solbin's wrist to take her home faster.

"Yah! Kim Mingyu! If you don't want to date her, I'm gonna confess to her and make her mine!" shouted Jungkook from afar but still could be heard by Mingyu and Solbin.

In your dream! Mingyu thought in annoyance.

"Gyu, we're home already," said Solbin when the two of them arrived in front of her house.

"Yeah, here we are."

"Hmm... I mean... Can you let go of my hand?"

Mingyu was hurriedly let go of Solbin's hand. He forgot he grabbed on it during their way. "Sorry..." He chuckled timidly with an embarrassed look.

"It's okay," Solbin smiled. "Wanna come in to meet my mom?"

"Nah~ thanks. I'm gonna meet her tomorrow when we do our group project anyway," Mingyu smiled. "So... Uhm, bye?"

Solbin nodded. "See you tomorrow!"

 

***