Chapter 1

A Different World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

     After finishing up my daily routines, I went downstairs and saw my mother, stepdad and Yul, already waiting at the dining table. I greet both of my parents with a kiss on the cheek before sitting down and having my breakfast. 

     If you're wondering where my real father is at, don't even bother. Mom said that he left when she was about to give birth to me. And then after days, months and even years of waiting for him, he never came back. Then my mom met my step-father. After getting to know each other, my stepfather finally decided to court Mom. After months of courting, my Mom finally said yes. After a year, he finally proposed to her and then they finally got married.

     So here we are now. All four of us living in one roof. I'm not actually fond of them at first but after getting to know the Kwons, I treated them as my own family and friends. Mr. Kwon treated me as his own child. He practically helped my mom raise me. He became my father more than my biological one was. So I started calling him 'Dad' as well. 

"Kids, hurry up, alright? You don't want to be late." Says Dad in his deep and manly voice. "None of us do." He chuckled and continued drinking his coffee.

", I haven't even finished devouring this delicious bacon." Yul cursed.

 "Language, dear." Mom warned and gave her a stern look. Yul apologized and stood up from her seat. I followed her and we both got ready for school.

"You too, Taeng

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter