In My Head

Am I wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] In My Head[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]


Not believing my eyes, I rub them together and blink several times before I stare back at V again. I gasp loudly, my hands covering my mouth when I realize that Taehyung is V. So many questions run through my head as I keep staring at him. Nothing makes sense… Why is he here? More importantly, why is he an underground fighter? I shake my head to myself, slightly frowning at my thoughts. I’m not even close to Taehyung, let alone talk to him. The only thing I know about him is that he sits next to me in class, so I really don’t have the right to question his actions.
 

“Cheers for V!” Someone in the crowd screams, and I notice that everyone lifts their red cup again. They swig the content in their mouth, and their faces are flushed more than ever. While everyone is celebrating, Taehyung stands in the back and pulls a hoodie over his tall figure. He leaves the hood on, and I chuckle to myself softly upon the sight. In general, he carries a dark aura around him. It could be his eyes, which seems to stare into your soul… It could also be the fact that he hardly speaks, but the hoodie makes him seem... less threatening – more approachable you could say.
 

I sigh to myself loudly and scratch my head vigorously, messing up my hair in the process. I can’t think this way  - no I can’t at all. There is a reason why Taehyung wears a mouth mask; it's to hide his true identity to those who come to watch the fight. I just happen to figure it out because he sits right next to me in class. We sit towards the back of the classroom with him next to the window. During our teacher’s lecture, I’ll stare outside sometimes and daydream about stupid things.
 

One of my hands clench into a fist, and I nod silently to myself.  No matter how curious I am, I will not allow myself to get close to Taehyung. I’m a smart girl; I know that things will get messy if I stay here any longer.   
 

As soon as I was about to leave, I feel a chill run through my spine, sending a tremble throughout my body. Some people are staring at my outfit with peculiar gaze. Ah I totally forgot that I’m wearing a school uniform. This isn’t good; I’m technically not supposed to be here.
 

“Mina!” My sister runs to me, panting really hard. A bead of sweat rolls down her forehead, and she hastily wipes it away. “We need to get you out of here quickly.” Before I could say anything, Jae-Hwa grips onto my wrist tightly and drags me along with her.
 

“Why are we walking so fast?” I complain, staring hard at the back of my sister’s head.
 

“There are people looking out for a ‘high school student.’ You could have gotten into a lot of trouble by being there.” Jae-Hwa replies and tightens her hold on my wrist. “Sorry… I thought I would be able to find you quickly but more people came to watch the match. You are okay, though, right?” She stops in her steps and turns to look back at me.
 

“Yes, I’m okay,” I smile at her for reassurance.
 

“That’s good to hear.” Then, she starts to walk again, dragging me along.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. In fact, I had a hard time getting ready for school. My mom was concerned when she saw me run into a wall three times. Gosh damn it… This is Taehyung’s fault. Since last night, I've been distracted. I would be brushing my teeth and all of the sudden, I’ll see that stupid mop on his forehead. Seriously there is so much hair, I could be using it to clean the dining table at my mom’s café.  

 

“Mina… Mina!” I blink several times before paying attention to Jiwon.
 

“Sorry, I spaced out. What’s up?” My friend rolls her eyes and clicks her tongue against the roof of .
 

“You are acting funny today. Is there something wrong?” I shake my head immediately, but I know Jiwon doesn’t believe me.
 

“Dude, you keep spacing out. I basically ranted to you, and you didn’t catch a word of it.” I smile sheepishly at her, which causes Jiwon to smack her hand across my head. I whimper slightly, hands immediately comforting the sore spot.
 

“That hurts you know!” I shriek, shooting a glare at her. She simply shrugs and sticks her tongue out.
 

“As I was saying, Sehun annoys the living out of me. I can’t stand that !” Suddenly, Jiwon slams her hand onto the table, and I jerk back. She’s breathing heavily, her eyes darkening as she starts to reminisce something. I watch her lips draw into a thin line, and I gulp loudly. Sometimes, I forget how scary my best friend is…
 

“What did he do this time?” I jerk back again, startled when her head snaps up. Her eyes stare into mine, and I watch the corners of twitch.
 

“Remember how I was partners with him for that one project?” I simply nod and wait for her continue her story. “I swear to god, he’s superficial. He’s fooling everyone with his nice act and no one notices it!” She slams her hands on the table again, and a little vein popped on her forehead. Yikes… She’s seething in anger now.
 

“At first, I was thankful for being partners with him. You know that I’m failing history so having the future valedictorian as my partner would help me.” Jiwon scratches her head angrily, messing her hair in the process. She lets out an exasperation sigh before smacking her head onto the table.
 

“Everything about him pisses me off. I got attacked by some of the girls in our class. You know what he did? Nothing. That bastard knew what was going on, but he never helped me out once. He could have told them to back off and remind them that this is a ing project – not a hookup session.” I pat her on the back softly, and Jiwon smiles at the gesture.
 

“At least the project is over,” I tell her in hopes she calms down.  
 

“Yeah… You are right, but now I have made a lot of enemies in the classroom. The girls are infuriated with me for messing with their Oppa… , he’s not even that cute. How the hell is he popular?!” Once again, Jiwon smacks her head onto the table and lets out an ear-piercing cry. Some of my classmates turn to look at Jiwon, slightly glaring at her before returning to their conversations.
 

“You don’t need friends like that. The only people you need are me, Jisoo, and Yoongi!” Jiwon immediately feigns a cough, sticking her tongue out in disgust. “Oh come on…” I slightly pout, causing her to chuckle softly.
 

“Correction: I need you and Jisoo. I don’t need Yoongi.” Jiwon smirks when she sees the look of disbelief on my face.
 

“Yoongi is a great friend, dude. I love him!” As soon as I said that, Jiwon wiggles her eyebrows at me and winks playfully.
 

“Oh…. You love Yoongi?” She nudges her elbow against my arm, and I swat it away.
 

“Yah…I should be the one saying that to you! I know you have a crush on him.” I whisper quietly, making sure no one hears me but Jiwon.
 

“HAH!” She slaps her hand across her leg, throwing her head back while laughing out loud. “You are so funny. Do you think I would fall for that idiot? That guy calls himself ‘Mr. Swag!’”
 

“But… you do have a crush on him.” I sing playfully. She freezes for a bit, her face hardens for a bit before she smacks her hand across my head.
 

“That hurts!” I shriek, shooting her a glare again. My hands reach for the back of my head, and I massage the sore spot to soothe the pain.
 

“I bet it does!” Jiwon glances at her watch and gets up from her chair. “I need to go to class. I’ll see you later?” I nod my head and watch her leave the classroom in a hurry. She bumps into my teacher and quickly apologizes before she’s out of sight. My teacher shakes his head in annoyance and walks into the classroom, his footsteps silencing the students in the classroom.
 

“Let’s start class, shall we?”
 

I turn to my side and grab a notebook out of my bag. For some reason, I glance at the desk in front of me (well besides me to be exact) and notice that he is not here. Ah, I wouldn’t go to school either if I won a fight.
 

“Taehyung, you are late to class again.” I swear, as soon as I heard that, my head snaps faster than split chopsticks. Huh, he’s actually here. Taehyung is wearing the school uniform properly, yet his hair is still messy as ever. I can’t even see his eyes…
 

“Go take a seat.” Taehyung nods and heads towards my direction. In that moment, I can hear my heart hammering against my chest. Every time his footstep taps against the floor, my heart jumps even more. That sounds weird right? I probably don’t make sense at this point.
 

He stops at the desk besides me and takes a seat. I can’t help but glance at him in the corner of my eyes. Taehyung stares at the teacher for a bit, listening to every word that slips pass the older man’s mouth. Then, he lays his head on the table, wrapping his arm around to hide his face from the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter