One night

Am I wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] One Night[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]

“Let me see your test.”
 

My older sister looks at me impatiently, clicking her tongue against the roof of . I roll my eyes and gave her my biology test. Instantly, she examines through the paper, probably wondering what points I missed.

Sometimes, I wonder why she cares so much…


“How are you going to beat Sehun this way?!”


Ah right… It’s because of this crap.


“Jae-Hwa, I honestly don’t care. Do I really need to beat him?" I sigh loudly, getting annoyed with my sister. Clearly, someone forgot that we're in the library. People are already glaring at Jae-Hwa, but she doesn't spare them a glance. Geez, she needs to be more aware of her surroundings...


“Do I have to remind you every time?” Jae-Hwa scolds with a spiteful glare as she sits next to me. “Suho’s younger brother is Sehun. You need to take him down. Obviously, you can’t climb up the social ladder, BUT you have your brain.” She taps on the side of my head to emphasize her point. 


“Jae-Hwa, do you not know this? Sehun is going to be valedictorian of my class.” I can’t believe my sister sometimes. I love her, but she can be petty at times… like now. Just to give y'all a little back story, Jae-Hwa used to go out with this guy name Suho, but they broke up last week.

“Mina, you’re number two in your class! You can easily beat him.”


“Uh… I’m actually number four in my class,” I correct her but she rolls her eyes. Okay rude. You’re like number 600 out of 601.


“My point is that you can get revenge for me.” Jae-Hwa gets up from her chair and crosses her arm against her chest. “Become number one and make the Oh family cry.”


Ah right… I forget that they hate my sister. If I steal Sehun’s thunder, their family would be miserable. You think Jae-Hwa is being dramatic, but she’s telling the truth. They despise my sister so much that our family has a bad reputation.


“Don’t leave the library until it closes! You are going to absorb all the knowledge you can get.” Then, my sister storms off, not bothering to hear me out.


I sigh loudly and rest my head against the cold surface of the table. Jae-Hwa has the car, so I doubt she will give me a ride back home. As much as I like to study at the library, I don’t want to stay the whole night. Not to mention, it will be too dark to walk home. 


If I’m going to be here for three hours, I might as well make the most out of it. Quickly, I grab my backpack and pull my laptop out. I place it on the table gently and snap it open to enter my password.


Oh...Just to clarify, I’m not going along with my sister’s revenge scheme. Don't get me wrong. I love her to death, but she’s the biggest drama queen. I’m not the only one who thinks that way as well. Pretty much the entire school thinks that way.


People always ask me how I’m related to Jae-Hwa because we are complete opposites of each other. Despite her tendency to be a drama queen, she’s popular among her classmates. How? I don’t even know. I will admit my older sister is pretty, but she’s so immature! I’m younger than her by a year, yet I’m more grown up than her. 


Sighing loudly again, I grab a book out of my backpack and toss it on the table. I’m going to make the most of my high school by learning everything there is to know. I don’t need my sister to boss me around and tell me that I need to study more. , I love to study. I chuckle to myself and start flipping the pages in the book.

"Mina, I can't pick you up. How many times do I have to tell you?!" I yank the phone away from my ears.


“Why can’t you?” I ask, demanding an answer.


“I’m just busy! Stop being so annoying ugh…”  The phone call ends, and I throw my phone in my backpack. It takes a lot for me to get mad, but Jae-Hwa always know how to get under my skin. Just you wait… I’m going to tell Mom on you. I grab my backpack and storm off, heading towards the doors.


I place my hands on the door, giving it a push. Instantly, I meet with the cool breeze and start to walk home.


The street is quiet, not a sound can be heard except for the leaves rustling against the wind and the sounds of my footstep. I can barely see the road well due to Iittle lighting. I sigh loudly, widening my steps so I could get home faster. Usually, I don’t come home this late but thanks to the devil, known as Jae-Hwa, I’m walking by myself, which makes this scenario even worse.  


Although it may seem like I’m a courageous person who could beat anyone up, I’m a scaredy-cat. I put a façade when there are people around, but if it’s just me, I will cry and scream my head off. Just thought I share my secret before I die, you know?  Hahaha, I’m kidding… Totally kidding. If I die, I’m going to blame my death on my sister.


On the bright side, I’ll be back home in ten minutes. That’s enough time for someone to attack me. Ugh how the hell can someone walk on these streets without feeling scared?! I quicken my pace, practically running now. I’m definitely going to tell on Jae-Hwa; I bet you that she’s at home, watching the newest episode of her Korean drama- THAT HOE.


Wait… WHAT’S THAT?! I turn on my heels, expecting to see someone but guess what? The street is empty still! I swear I heard footsteps… Could I be paranoid now? I slowly turn back, taking small steps. My ears carefully listen to my footsteps, making sure that there is no one else but me.


I stop again and turn around. My heart starts to hammer against my chest  with tiny sweats forming on the top of my head. There is someone following me. I gasp upon the thought, realizing that it’s true. The leaves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter